I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, Ernest said:

Improv
M-A APO 50  E100 & Portra 400
Film ends in analog are fair play if you want to improvise.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Wow, Rog, the colors on that blistered paint alone are incredible! After Hanapepe Hot Rod's incredible interplanetary stargate sequence contained such Diabolical Dante-esque delights we find flagrantly faustian film fag-ends bookending blistered buggies. It's getting downright apocalyptic here in I Like Film land! Red for danger indeed!

• Haha 2

vor 12 Stunden schrieb philipus:

Excellent Andreas, there's something about the light and the scan that makes the image look very abstract, which I enjoy a lot. 

Thank you for your kind comment, philipus. Actually, I made these photos around 30 years ago, simply took some Japanese lacquer ware and chopsticks from my wife's kitchen, put them on a placemat, climbed on a chair and made the photos.... well, a little post processing after scanning...

Andreas

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2019 at 2:42 AM, NW67 said:

Okay. I have been swithering over what temperature to develop my color sheet film and what tank to use. I ordered a Souis Cooker but it hasn't arrived yet and me being not the most patient guy on the plant I wanted to develop the film NOW. So without a sure way to maintain 38 degrees as recommended by Tetenal I decided to follow my own process off a color film developing chart that I happen to have.

So here is what I decided to do, I mixed the Tetenal colortec C41 to give me 500 ml of the dev, Blix and stabiliser all with tap water (This kit has been in my fridge for over 2 years). I left the aircon off in my darkroom and put the 3 bottles with the C41 in my darkroom and shut the door. I went for a swim for half an hour and came back and checked the temperature of the chemicals they were all 27.5 degrees (81.5 F) I then looked on the chart that I have and it said to develop for 14.25 minutes.
I loaded the two sheets of Etkar 4x5  into my Beseller 8x10 drum and started the developing process with the drum on the Beseller rotary base switching it from forward to reverse every 60 seconds;
1/. pre wash 60 seconds
2/. Develop 14 minutes and 25 seconds
3/. Blix 8 minutes
4/. Wash 6 minutes
5/. Stabalizer 1 minute
Hang to dry over night
And here is what came out……enjoy

Neil

Hi Neil , great work ..... bravo  !!!

These photos are prints in color isn't  ?   you dev in Tetenal as you said above  with your Bessler ?

I think you need filters isn't ?

The color is superb and faitful  , Neil

Best  H

20 minutes ago, Doc Henry said:

Hi Neil , great work ..... bravo  !!!

These photos are prints in color isn't  ?   you dev in Tetenal as you said above  with your Bessler ?

I think you need filters isn't ?

The color is superb and faitful  , Neil

Best  H

Thank you Henry. 

My Sous Vise thingy arrived today so I did a test. I took 2 pictures twice using 2 different exposures. The first at f45 for 15 seconds. The second at f64 for 39 seconds all on Etkar 100. 

I have developed the first two in C41 at ambient temperature (30 degrees) for 11 minutes and 30 seconds. The second two were devolved at 38 degrees for 3 1/2 minutes. 

All 4 sheets of 4x5 are hanging to dry so I will scan them tomorrow morning and hopefully I will have some pictures to share with the group. 

Neil 

1 hour ago, NW67 said:

Thank you Henry. 

My Sous Vise thingy arrived today so I did a test. I took 2 pictures twice using 2 different exposures. The first at f45 for 15 seconds. The second at f64 for 39 seconds all on Etkar 100. 

I have developed the first two in C41 at ambient temperature (30 degrees) for 11 minutes and 30 seconds. The second two were devolved at 38 degrees for 3 1/2 minutes. 

All 4 sheets of 4x5 are hanging to dry so I will scan them tomorrow morning and hopefully I will have some pictures to share with the group. 

Neil 

Neil  , just to say you again that's you get now experience in digital and analog  since those many years  and I am glad you see

the difference between them !!!

I am currently just listen now the Beethoven 4th Concerto for piano with my two new loudspeakers Magnepan  just purchased 

and with my valves amplifier ....   it's really wonderful like your MF film pictures ....  sublime both  for watching and listening  vinyl  !!!

Good continuation and again great work  ....    and  the film is well worth it  ! 

Best  H

• Like 2

vor 42 Minuten schrieb Doc Henry:

I am currently just listen now the Beethoven 4th Concerto for piano with my two new loudspeakers Magnepan  just purchased 

and with my valves amplifier ....   it's really wonderful like your MF film pictures ....  sublime both  for watching and listening  vinyl  !!!

Best  H

I also upgraded my Hifi lately. Bought some wonderful speakers from Jean Marie Renaud (JMR) and helped my old Kenwood KD 990 to a new cartridge from Nagaoka. In combination with my new NAD 316 Bee V2 my vinyl now sounds so much better than ever before! 

Edited by Sparkassenkunde
  • Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

51 minutes ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

I also upgraded my Hifi lately. Bought some wonderful speakers from Jean Marie Renaud (JMR) and helped my old Kenwood KD 990 to a new cartridge from Nagaoka. In combination with my new NAD 316 Bee V2 my vinyl now sounds so much better than ever before! 

Hi James glad I am not alone ....  and  crazy ( I mean me) 

You are not on the "dark side"  James  😃

Best  H

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I need to get me one of those Souis thingies because I always get the temps wrong. Perhaps my wife will like it too. :D 

18 hours ago, NW67 said:

Im still not convinced that what happened happened so I will shoot a couple more sheets of 4x5 this afternoon and repete the developing process with the chemicals at ambient temperature and hopefully I can send that Souis Vibrator back (its in transit from Lazada) and forget about ever developing at 38 degrees again..................my wife would like that also :):):)

Neil

• Haha 1

Pink Lily 
Chamonix 4x5 with Fuji 210mm Etkar 100 shot at f64 for 33 seconds. Developed in C41 for 11 minutes and 30 seconds.

1 minute ago, NW67 said:

Pink Lily 
Chamonix 4x5 with Fuji 210mm Etkar 100 shot at f64 for 33 seconds. Developed in C41 for 11 minutes and 30 seconds.

bravo, Neil.  You nailed it. Now it is time to go outside with those masterful skills!

• Like 1

vor 16 Minuten schrieb NW67:

Pink Lily 

Chapeau!
Is that a repro from the Print? Or a scan from negative?

Wonderful Neil, absolutely sublime. And this is with ambient light? I'm very impressed. 

br

Philip

1 hour ago, NW67 said:

Pink Lily 

Summicron I/2  hp5@800

Regards

Joachim

• Like 17

Sehr gut Joachim. One wonders what they are talking about and in particular what she is thinking. 

20 minutes ago, mdachs said:

Summicron I/2  hp5@800

Regards

Joachim

Wow James, print it BIG :) I love those deep blues and the strong composition.

9 minutes ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

On we go with some NYC impressions. The 9/11 memorial on Staten Island:

Ricoh GR 1 - Agfa CT 100 Precisa

• Thanks 2

And here is the docking hatch on the Endurance : )

Flickr
80/2.8 Portra 400VC (expired, EI100) X1
On 4/28/2019 at 12:17 PM, stray cat said:

Interstellar docking on the Mothership?

• Like 17
  • Haha 2