I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Yin and yang?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Contax G1, 2.8/90 Sonnar, Kodak Max 400

• Like 12
  • Haha 5

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 4/26/2019 at 4:27 AM, Wayne said:

Plum blossoms

Nikon F2, Nikkor-O 35/2, Fuji Superia 200

Same in another part of the world! And on different film.

Nikon FM2, Nikkor 28/2.8 AF-D, Kodak Colorplus 200

20190416-DSC02710 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

Edited by AntonioF
  • Like 17

32 minutes ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

After one week in Fedoraman's realm I'm back on my own grounds and have brought some pictures with me. Unfortunately no sightings of Fedoraman - although we looked on many places of his doings. But that doesn't mean he doesn't exist - it only proofs, that he has never been at the same spot as me at the same time! 

Thanks to SBlitz und stuny for taking their time and showing us some wonderful places and being helpful during our stay! 

Let's begin with some candy colors of one well known sight:

M3 - Cron 50 DR - Agfa CT 100 precisa

Gorgeous lavender evening sky, James!  Way better than the digital version you have shared on IG, if i may say my opinion.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Spring colors from Central Park - NYC:

Ricoh GR1 - Agfa CT 100 Precisa

23 minutes ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Easter Bonnet Parade at 5th Avenue:

M3 - Cron 50 DR - Agfa CT 100 Precisa

Great shots! Beautiful colors!

• Thanks 1

Dining Set No.2

M6, Summicron 2/50

• Like 19

Okay. I have been swithering over what temperature to develop my color sheet film and what tank to use. I ordered a Souis Cooker but it hasn't arrived yet and me being not the most patient guy on the plant I wanted to develop the film NOW. So without a sure way to maintain 38 degrees as recommended by Tetenal I decided to follow my own process off a color film developing chart that I happen to have.

So here is what I decided to do, I mixed the Tetenal colortec C41 to give me 500 ml of the dev, Blix and stabiliser all with tap water (This kit has been in my fridge for over 2 years). I left the aircon off in my darkroom and put the 3 bottles with the C41 in my darkroom and shut the door. I went for a swim for half an hour and came back and checked the temperature of the chemicals they were all 27.5 degrees (81.5 F) I then looked on the chart that I have and it said to develop for 14.25 minutes.
I loaded the two sheets of Etkar 4x5  into my Beseller 8x10 drum and started the developing process with the drum on the Beseller rotary base switching it from forward to reverse every 60 seconds;
1/. pre wash 60 seconds
2/. Develop 14 minutes and 25 seconds
3/. Blix 8 minutes
4/. Wash 6 minutes
5/. Stabalizer 1 minute
Hang to dry over night
And here is what came out……enjoy

Neil

5 hours ago, NW67 said:

Okay. I have been swithering over what temperature to develop my color sheet film and what tank to use. I ordered a Souis Cooker but it hasn't arrived yet and me being not the most patient guy on the plant I wanted to develop the film NOW. So without a sure way to maintain 38 degrees as recommended by Tetenal I decided to follow my own process off a color film developing chart that I happen to have.

So here is what I decided to do, I mixed the Tetenal colortec C41 to give me 500 ml of the dev, Blix and stabiliser all with tap water (This kit has been in my fridge for over 2 years). I left the aircon off in my darkroom and put the 3 bottles with the C41 in my darkroom and shut the door. I went for a swim for half an hour and came back and checked the temperature of the chemicals they were all 27.5 degrees (81.5 F) I then looked on the chart that I have and it said to develop for 14.25 minutes.
I loaded the two sheets of Etkar 4x5  into my Beseller 8x10 drum and started the developing process with the drum on the Beseller rotary base switching it from forward to reverse every 60 seconds;
1/. pre wash 60 seconds
2/. Develop 14 minutes and 25 seconds
3/. Blix 8 minutes
4/. Wash 6 minutes
5/. Stabalizer 1 minute
Hang to dry over night
And here is what came out……enjoy

Neil

Excellent result Neil, well done. You're braver than me, I've been processing for years, many years, and never jumped into my own colour processing.

I've got the kit, and part of the bits I need, but haven't the pluck to try it, and in reality think I'll remain like that, just B&W.

Gary

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rennrocky said:

Hasselblad 503 Distagon C 60 mm Rollei Infrared 400

I’m a sucker for dogs. Love this so much. Well done

neil

3 hours ago, gbealnz said:

Excellent result Neil, well done. You're braver than me, I've been processing for years, many years, and never jumped into my own colour processing.

I've got the kit, and part of the bits I need, but haven't the pluck to try it, and in reality think I'll remain like that, just B&W.

Gary

Gary I love your B&W shots. I too love shooting B&W but now that I have found this new recipe I might stick with some more color as I have about 20 sheets of 4x5 in the house screening shoot me. 

Neil

Here is the 2nd sheet developed the same 14.25 minutes 

neil