I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

35 minutes ago, AntonioF said:

Rural church of the Madonna della Grotta.

Nikon FM2, Nikkor 50/1.8, Kodak Colorplus 200

20190416-DSC02699 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

Thanks. A perfect start to my day. I can't remember seeing a grove of trees more artfully presented.

Best,

Wayne

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Time for some bluuur

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Flickr
80 Planar Ektar 100 X1
  • Like 15

Am 18.4.2019 um 17:16 schrieb Sparkassenkunde:

Here is my little photo bag - please excuse the smartphone picture, but the lens is designed with the help of Leica:

Very cool James! Your blue Leica with the blue stiches on your leather strap  are really  eyecatchers!! You must be a "fashionista"😉

• Like 1

Leica R4 - Elmarit-R 2,8/28 - FP4+ in Rodinal

Am 16.4.2019 um 12:27 schrieb christoph_d:

Station

M5, 35, Portra800@400

monumental ! well framed. where is this ? 

Am 17.4.2019 um 07:32 schrieb Tmx:

Mamiya C220, Fomapan 200 @125 ASA, Moersch Eco

Doggy is going to sniff out the two-eyed beast...... very nice. 

Am 17.4.2019 um 07:57 schrieb gbealnz:

Same

again--very atmospheric ! love it

Am 17.4.2019 um 09:02 schrieb philipus:

Flickr
80 Planar+32E+16E Portra 400VC (expired, EI100) X1

Philipus-you are a master of the hasselblad poetry ! 

Am 17.4.2019 um 12:20 schrieb JMF:

Juveny e Ronaldo by JM__, on Flickr

Ilford Delta 100 - Agfa Clack 6x9

very convincing in its technical imperfection. +++

Am 17.4.2019 um 23:54 schrieb AntonioF:

Corners

M6, Summicron 35 asph, Tri-X

20190413-DSC02586 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

..with an air of de Chirico-as before ! Great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

makes my eyes move in circles around.... don't know about that, but the combination of colors and shapes feels very good and pleasing. thank you.   K.  

Yes, Kl@us, I know exactly what you mean--as Albers would call it, the "interaction of color." There are the hard edges that set up harmony, contrast, or conflict. Recently, I had an opportunity to view the Rothko paintings in the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) in LA and experience Rothko's ingenuity of painting very large canvases that minimized the viewer in scale, not in the sense of overwhelming but rather immersing. I found a work, for instance, about fifteen feet in height dominates the field of view when standing about eight feet from the painting. Because there are no hard edges in these Rothko color fields, a sense of perspective is minimized and peripheral vision is dominated by the play of color alone on the canvas. This where a Rothko comes to life--there's a kind of chromatic vibration (or collision) of the colors. The sense of immersion varies with distance from the painting as peripheral vision fixes boundaries of painting. I have contracted a billboard company in Hollywood to reproduce my "Solar Signatures" in a scale of 47' in height. (Drum roll.) Ha, ha, ha--only kidding. And I just thinking of Sunset Boulevard. You see, fantasies like this visit the mind when you look at the work of Larry Sultan & Mike Mandel (Charlotte Cotton), one of the many tip-offs from Phil! (Another drum roll.)

Cheers,
Rog

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, benqui said:

I had the opportunity to spend some days in Peking. To me it was the first time to test the Kodak Pro Image 100. I hope to get the results next week. In the meantime some pushed Kodak Tmax 400 (up to 800), M4 and X-Tol (1:1)

"What do you mean, it's been disconnected? This is serious!"

• Haha 4

Leica M6 - Summicron 2/35 - some CN-Film from the drugstore, called "Paradies-Film" :)

I like it a lot Klaus and like you I am similarly fascinated by light interacting with flowers.

9 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

I know, it´s not very original... but when the evening sun lit the the croci, I just had to take the photo.. 

Hb, 120 Makro, Ektar @ 100

I like this one very much, Marc. It is not that I mind lightly dressed pretty women - far from it :D - but here you've added layers and in fact made a character study that pulls us back to the 60s with all that that entails. Is this a movie still from a Cold War thriller, a love story at a critical juncture, or perhaps "simply" a commercial shot? Such environmental story-telling portraits are an avenue I think you should consider pursuing further to see where it goes. Awesome stuff.

8 hours ago, benqui said:

I had the opportunity to spend some days in Peking. To me it was the first time to test the Kodak Pro Image 100. I hope to get the results next week. In the meantime some pushed Kodak Tmax 400 (up to 800), M4 and X-Tol (1:1)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Flickr
80 Planar Ektar X1
  • Like 17