Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

2 minutes ago, A miller said:

Wow, this is really a feast for the eyes.  A hopscotch pattern for a kid who has everything.  Incredible!

Thanks, Adam. Always trying for something to keep the kids on their toes and off the iPad. Ha, ha.

Just now, Ernest said:

Thanks, Adam. Always trying for something to keep the kids on their toes and off the iPad. Ha, ha.

vey funny.  I am also getting jelly beans, btw....

4 minutes ago, A miller said:

N     Y     C

Portra 400 p  u  s  h  e  d 

IIIg, 28 summaron

I'm heading for the bunker, too. Three pin-point red lights, and it's all over. The station self-destructs in T minus whatever.

1 minute ago, Ernest said:

I'm heading for the bunker, too. Three pin-point red lights, and it's all over. The station self-destructs in T minus whatever.

ha ha very funny.  i am proud that i at least nailed the exposure on the right eye...  😂

10 hours ago, Steve Ricoh said:

It's good to see pinhole work.

Time for me to dust down the Skink and try (film) pinhole... now a question in my mind is reciprocity failure. I read on the large format forum t = x^1.3 (approx of course, but near enough for jaz).

I use an app called Pinhole Assist, it does all the calculations for me. Otherwise I've found it's really hard to overexpose when shooting pinhole so don't worry about it, more is better. I did a 4 day exposure of my cat's bed in a window recently, I was hoping to get a ghost cat in the bed but she apparently didn't like the camera and wouldn't sleep there!

Here's another, Speed Graphic 4x5, 0.3mm pinhole @ 67mm, Ilford FP4

19 hours ago, A miller said:

Continuing my pursuit of good NYC skyline panoramas, here's one from a mature sunrise, with the new sun reflecting off of the buildings and blue gases from the post-dawn/pre-sunrise atmosphere still in the sky.  It was a super long exposure, and i am impressed at how little color shift there was with the Ektar.

Ektar 6x17

90mm Schneider Super Angulon XL

Beautiful. Ektachrome supposedly has no shift .... we should give it a try some morning soon .... 

Am 5.4.2019 um 00:59 schrieb stray cat:

A wonderful series, Marc. You have found a model who has qualities of both Brigitte Bardot and Jean Shrimpton, and your style here is very much evocative of David Bailey. These things combined, along with your already well-established talent for fashion, lead one to be very excited about where you will go with this style. Have you more from your street walk?

I am very happy that you like it Phil! You are right, she is really very elegant, I love her style on the photos. I have some more, thanks for asking!

Am 5.4.2019 um 02:34 schrieb sblitz:

I like it too, and it pushes well, even 2 stops, but I prefer it at box. As for your subject, well she would make any film speed shine!!!! 🙂  great job as always

Good to know Steve and thanks a lot for your kinds words!

Am 5.4.2019 um 03:56 schrieb Ernest:

I think you have a film working here that would catch the eye of Jean-Luc Godard.

Cut and print 

I will print it for sure Ernest and thanks for the note with JL Godar, his films are really very special!

Am 5.4.2019 um 06:29 schrieb Bateleur:

Great series and a fabulous model. You have both managed to create a natural style. Looking forward from your photo walk.

Thanks a lot!

vor 19 Stunden schrieb A miller:

L

Wow, Marc.  I am floored by these latest photos.  This one gets the crown from me.  So beautiful and dynamic.  Her expression of surprise - like you found her...framed in the circle.  Wow.

Thanks a lot Adam! This is also one of my favorite photos, it reminds me on the Sci Fi movies from the 70-ies..

vor 19 Stunden schrieb A miller:

Continuing my pursuit of good NYC skyline panoramas, here's one from a mature sunrise, with the new sun reflecting off of the buildings and blue gases from the post-dawn/pre-sunrise atmosphere still in the sky.  It was a super long exposure, and i am impressed at how little color shift there was with the Ektar.

Ektar 6x17

The refelecting sun is the cherry on top!!

Am 5.4.2019 um 01:59 schrieb 45govt:

Hello

I have a number of rolls of the old Scala left.

The only place I know who is processing it is DR-5

http://www.dr5.com/blackandwhiteslide/dr5chrome.html

This is one from years ago, Pasadena Bridge, Hasselblad, Scala

Well exposed, perfect contrast, nice proportions--very good ! I like these deep, but structured shadows. 

Am 4.4.2019 um 23:36 schrieb benqui:

Not a submarine, just a self service laundry

M4, Tmax 400, pushed to 800, Apo 50

I`d be happy to come to more of these portrait walks !

Posted (edited)
vor einer Stunde schrieb Ernest:

Marcello, I'm So Bored
M-A APO-Summicron-M 50mm
E100

I love the pattern and these colors. and yes, we are all bored. 

Edited by Kl@usW.

On 4/5/2019 at 8:10 PM, gbealnz said:

Action on the Grand Canal

503CXi with 120 Planar

Portra 400

Gary

Gary. This an eye-catching capture. Love the cross-processing effect and the Blad signature.  

On 4/5/2019 at 9:30 PM, A miller said:

Ektar 6x17

Lovely panoramic photo Adam. I seem New yolk 🗽 is about to rest after long days Chaotic and energetic awake for the rest of the days. 😉

On 4/5/2019 at 9:38 PM, Ernest said:

Josef Albers Hopscotch 1923
M-A APO-Summicron-M 50mm
E100 & Portra 400

Plying the imaginary, the salvaged Albers Hopscotch for the children's Bauhaus playground (1923-1926).

Nice playing with colors Earnest, Love it. 😀

52 minutes ago, Kl@usW. said:

Well exposed, perfect contrast, nice proportions--very good ! I like these deep, but structured shadows. 

On 4/4/2019 at 4:59 PM, 45govt said:

Hello

I have a number of rolls of the old Scala left.

The only place I know who is processing it is DR-5

http://www.dr5.com/blackandwhiteslide/dr5chrome.html

This is one from years ago, Pasadena Bridge, Hasselblad, Scala

Read more  

This is really cool, thanks for sharing your Scala!! 

Thanks KlausW and Adam

Don