On 4/1/2019 at 1:44 AM, Ernest said:

Transit Triptych: Muted Palette Study, Day to Night
M-A APO-Summicron-M 50mm
ADOX Color Implosion & E100

On 4/1/2019 at 5:56 AM, Ernest said:

Kafka Metadata
Nikon F2 Micro-Nikkor 55mm
E100

Possible early metadata prototype letterpress attributed to Kafka in 1913 office writings at the Workmen's Accident Insurance Institute for the Kingdom of Bohemia in Prague. Kafka complained about office life, quoted in Stanley Corngold's Franz Kafka: The Office Writings saying that "writing and office cannot be reconciled, since writing has its center of gravity in depth, whereas the office is on the surface of life. So it goes up and down, and one is bound to be torn asunder in the process" (x). For some, the attribution may be a joke, but the humor in Kafka, particularly Die Verwandlung, cannot be marginalized.

You did it again Earnest. Looks like it is a good study of the images written in a computer language and with hidden scripting on a mirror code to make it more interesting.  

19 hours ago, stray cat said:

What irresistible colors, Rog! Brilliant!

Thanks bunches, Phil, but your Chromes really have me going bananas!  Long live the archive!  So glad that we can benefit from the new life you are giving to your morgue.  There are the horses caught in blurred action running across the plain, which goes into the folder that I think Ernest Haas would thumbs up, as well as one of my favorite recent finds, (Likaleica) Timothy Floyd’s book Horsescapes. It is an exceptional book on a photographic subject that has been done to death— horses—but gets fresh vision with Timothy‘s eye. Then, there is Deliverance!  That blue in the counterpoint yellow, awesome. I don’t know if I ever mentioned it, but I talked to Vilmos Zsigmond when he was shooting Spielberg‘s Sugarland Express and shared with him that I had seen an article in a photography magazine that reviewed Deliverance, saying that the composition and lighting looked like it had been shot by someone who understood still photography. Vilmos was grinning like you wouldn’t believe. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Ernest said:

Thanks bunches, Phil, but your Chromes really have me going bananas!  Long live the archive!  So glad that we can benefit from the new life you are giving to your morgue.  There are the horses caught in blurred action running across the plain, which goes into the folder that I think Ernest Haas would thumbs up, as well as one of my favorite recent finds, (Likaleica) Timothy Floyd’s book Horsescapes. It is an exceptional book on a photographic subject that has been done to death— horses—but gets fresh vision with Timothy‘s eye. Then, there is Deliverance!  That blue in the counterpoint yellow, awesome. I don’t know if I ever mentioned it, but I talked to Vilmos Zsigmond when he was shooting Spielberg‘s Sugarland Express and shared with him that I had seen an article in a photography magazine that reviewed Deliverance, saying that the composition and lighting looked like it had been shot by someone who understood still photography. Vilmos was grinning like you wouldn’t believe. 

Thank you so much Rog. I'd in turn go bananas to think that Ernst Haas would give my photo a thumbs up, but I think I'll greedily take your assessment on his behalf! Good call, too, on Timothy's work - I bought from him, following your original heads up, "Aid and Comfort to the Enemy" which is a remarkable book, a first-rate account of a remarkable journey. Timothy is a wonderful person and dealing with him over the purchase of his wonderful book was an honour and a delight.

Thank you for your thoughts on my pictures - the canoing one was taken in an area where fresh-water crocodiles were quite abundant. I must admit I was hoping to rattle your cage with the title "Deliverance" as I suspected you might chime in with some wisdom and anecdotes associated with such a great film. The first R-rated film I ever conned my way into, by the way, even though I was two years under the age. I have seen that movie countless times, and again quite recently - a masterpiece. The cinematography is, as you so adroitly observe, remarkable and very "still photography" oriented. Vilmos has made several incredible films, but for me the scenes where John Voight climbs that rock wall are just mind-blowing. And I'm sure I've said it before, but you got to work with Goldie ❤️ Hawn on Sugarland Express so I am forever green with envy!

By the way your own work recently has been inspirational - the colors in Games are just so incredible - as has been pointed out, very Rothko.

Edited by stray cat

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Cyril Jayant:

Beautiful Bangui. I know you know how to master this camera with this lens. I have this lens, Apo Cron but not my favorite as It is very difficult to control the focusing. I know it is having this famous Focus shift but I have tested this with my M8. but it is not very extraordinary in sharpness. But I have not really tested it with m6. I must try again. Well done in these images. 

Thank you very much Cyril! Give it a try, it is worth to use this gem on the M6. On a digital camera like my old Mono 1 it is razor sharp. Sometimes almost too sharp, but on film it is a joy to use.

16 hours ago, Ernest said:

... the horses caught in blurred action running across the plain, which goes into the folder that I think Ernest Haas would thumbs up ... 

I agree with the movement (and the quality of the picture),  though when I think Ernst Haas I'd think colour first. 

Anyway, your comment brought me to dig out his book "die Schoepfung" (The Creation) and to admire his vision once more... thanks for that.

Rgds

C.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb christoph_d:

At the civic centre subway station I thought I spied Fedora man from above, but he moved too fast to get a sharp picture...

Really very good Christoph!!

vor 2 Stunden schrieb christoph_d:

At the civic centre subway station I thought I spied Fedora man from above, but he moved too fast to get a sharp picture...

M4-P, 50, Ektar100

this is very good, chapeau ! 

vor 20 Stunden schrieb A miller:
Am 3.4.2019 um 11:12 schrieb Kl@usW.:

Bearbind--Convolvulus arvensis

HB, Makro-Planar 4/120,  Scala @200

Fantastic contrast.  Who makes "Scala" film?  I have never heard of it...

Thank you Adam. Agfa Scala 200 is a b/w reversal film and  was discontinued about  ten ?  years ago.  I bought a hefty supply  of 120 and 135 films when this was announced, stored them away in a cool place and then forgot them after buying a M 8... Only last year on moving my household I stumbled upon the films... Astonishingly enough,  testing with a grey chart showed they hadn't lost any of their speed and contrast. So the pictures shown here were made in 2018 and 2019 on "new old stock". Since  there seems to be a small, but constant demand for  this film, ADOX has taken up the production of a more or less identical film. Before ordering the "Adox Scala 160" , you should be aware of the fact that this film needs  a proprietary development and only few labs still do this. Apart from this drawback  Scala  film delivers a  quite unique contrast.