Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

11 hours ago, AntonioF said:

I received an old A-1 for free. The light seals were completely destroyed and the mirror was not working properly. So I changed the seals and followed a guide to lube the mirror gears (I went cowboy with some WD-40). The camera worked great, but I didn't notice that the lens, a 50/1.8 FD,  had the aperture blades fully stuck! I basically shot the whole roll at 1.8 ... Only the photos in the shades came out decent ... I got rid of the lens, I cannot fix it.

Canon A-1, 50/1.8 FD, Astrum Foto 400

20190331-DSC02437 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

All  of the Astrum 400 photos are great. Unique film. What developer are you using?

Best,

Wayne

vor 6 Stunden schrieb A miller:

Here I am, Christoph.... 🕵️‍♀️

Portra 400

M-A, 28mm elmarit pre-asph 

On this nauseating level it´s hard to say which of your photos is the best--but this is really funny. 

On 4/2/2019 at 1:15 AM, stray cat said:

Here Comes the Bride, Algeria 1980

Canon F1, FDn 35mm f2, Kodachrome 25

I bet I have viewed this one at least 10 or 15 times. Every time I notice something new. This time I notice that not one person in the photograph is looking at her or the animal. Amazing shot.

Wayne

2 minutes ago, Wayne said:

I bet I have viewed this one at least 10 or 15 times. Every time I notice something new. This time I notice that not one person in the photograph is looking at her or the animal. Amazing shot.

Wayne

That's a really interesting observation, Wayne, and one that I'm glad you noticed, as I hadn't. It's amazing - this was taken 39 years ago and looking at it brings back memories of the noise and the smells - if I recall correctly the blunderbusses were about to launch into action. It was very loud.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ernest said:

Games
M-A APO-Summicron-M 50mm
Rollei Redbird & E100

Love this! I feel the spirit of  Mondrian combined with the spirit of Rothko! Great work Ernest, well done!

robert

Edited by robert blu

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, stray cat said:

A story of kodachrome ❤️. I've been rescanning and reprocessing select pictures in order to get a reinvigorated look to them. I've been finding the old kodachromes hold up brilliantly over time. This is one such example - the picture was made during an evening dust storm over the Nile, viewed from the Old Cataract Hotel in Aswan. The colours here are true to the kodachrome original - bearing in mind that this transparency is 32 years old:

Aswan, Egypt 1987

Canon A1, FDn 50mm f1.4, Kodachrome 25

The green of the palm fronds seems magic......If not impossible. It works the eyes.

Thanks.

Edited by Wayne

18 hours ago, stray cat said:

This is wonderful, Antonio - there is a certain sadness to it, a sense of loss. You are very much finding your inner Antonioni with pictures like this.

As for the A1, I encourage you to get another lens for it. The Canon FD lenses are brilliant and the A1 is, to my mind, one of the great cameras of the era. I think you'll have a lot of joy and fun with it.

Thanks!

I have another 50mm FD lens, the 50/2. I think it is not well considered, but at least it seems to work! So I'll test the camera again.

7 hours ago, Wayne said:

All  of the Astrum 400 photos are great. Unique film. What developer are you using?

Best,

Wayne

Thanks, Wayne. I've been using HC-110 dil B, 20 celsius, 8.5 mins.

Here's another Astrum shot from the Canon A-1. The open wide lens worked fine here.

20190331-DSC02454 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

14 hours ago, stray cat said:

A story of kodachrome ❤️. I've been rescanning and reprocessing select pictures in order to get a reinvigorated look to them. I've been finding the old kodachromes hold up brilliantly over time. This is one such example - the picture was made during an evening dust storm over the Nile, viewed from the Old Cataract Hotel in Aswan. The colours here are true to the kodachrome original - bearing in mind that this transparency is 32 years old:

Aswan, Egypt 1987

Canon A1, FDn 50mm f1.4, Kodachrome 25

Wow, what incredible color!  Amazing!

14 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

On this nauseating level it´s hard to say which of your photos is the best--but this is really funny. 

Thanks a lot, Klaus!  :)

14 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

Bearbind--Convolvulus arvensis

HB, Makro-Planar 4/120,  Scala @200

Fantastic contrast.  Who makes "Scala" film?  I have never heard of it...

12 hours ago, christoph_d said:

Looking for Fedora man... 

Adam, so it was you pole-dancing up there? 😁

I did try to take a shot, but in the hectic of the moment I must have screwed up the focus...

M4-P, 135, Ektar100

What a lovely photo!!  And yes I can see how you wouldn't have been able to see me with that OOF.  Heck, I can barely see the Freedom Tower!!  :)

On 4/1/2019 at 11:09 PM, gbealnz said:

Crikey Benqui, they're getting better and better.

Gary

On 3/31/2019 at 12:19 AM, benqui said:

Made some experiments with water drops, this one was one of my favorites.

M6, Tmax 400 pushed up to 800, Apo 90

Beautiful Bangui. I know you know how to master this camera with this lens. I have this lens, Apo Cron but not my favorite as It is very difficult to control the focusing. I know it is having this famous Focus shift but I have tested this with my M8. but it is not very extraordinary in sharpness. But I have not really tested it with m6. I must try again. Well done in these images.