Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

15 hours ago, benqui said:

Where is the Fedora man?

:) He lost weight? 🤷‍♂️

13 hours ago, Steve Ricoh said:

Had the same thought myself :) ... even the lady with the big brown handbag is (was) looking for him :)

😂

9 hours ago, mikemgb said:

It’s been a while since I posted here, I’ve been getting behind on my developing and scanning, I need to make an effort and catch up. 

The Thames, Delta 400, Leica M2. 

Very nice, Mike.  And shame on you for being away so long :)

8 hours ago, R-4 said:

Clouds and snow (Hornisgrinde, Black Forest, Germany, Jan. 2019, Delta 100, R8, Summicron-R-50):

Wow, the is really cool.  Is that infrared film? 

16 minutes ago, benqui said:

M4, Tmax 3200, Apo 90

Gary is right, Marc.  You are killing it on film...

8 hours ago, R-4 said:

Clouds and snow (Hornisgrinde, Black Forest, Germany, Jan. 2019, Delta 100, R8, Summicron-R-50):

This is just brilliant, R-4. Absolutely sensational light, chiaroscuro and an all-round wonderfully atmospheric picture. You MUST make a print of it!

47 minutes ago, Steve Ricoh said:

In the style of Mr Meyerowitz 👏

Thanks for that compliment, Steve :)

12 hours ago, mikemgb said:

It’s been a while since I posted here, I’ve been getting behind on my developing and scanning, I need to make an effort and catch up. 

The Thames, Delta 400, Leica M2. 

I love this Mike - how long has that wheel been submerged in the Thames?

46 minutes ago, stray cat said:

I love this Mike - how long has that wheel been submerged in the Thames?

At a guess, a long, long time. That appears to be an anchor chain attached ti it so I assume it was deliberately placed and used as a mooring.

Am 1.4.2019 um 00:10 schrieb benqui:

Thank you very much Klaus for your kind words. The Apo 90 is my favorite lens for indoor portraits. Maybe I was lucky because I do not have (or I do not notice) a focus shift at all. I use several apertures depending on the light and my intention. But with the aperture 2 I have to take care a lot on the position of the head of the model. The eyes should be on the same line, the face directly to me. If the model turns her head a bit, I have one eye sharp and the other not. In some cases, it really does not disturb me, but from the technical point of view, it is not perfect (but who cares). And to get a more dreamy look, I focus on the tip of the nose to get a blurry look for the eyes. Maybe you should go to the Customer Service to get the problem fixed. The Apo 90 is really such a perfect lens for portraits, it would be a pity not to use the full range of possibilities.

Marc, thank you for your help. Got the apo 90 from the shelf today to give it a new try... May be it´s just my insufficient handling of the lens-and more practice will help. If not--Customer service.... 

Am 1.4.2019 um 06:06 schrieb Sailronin:

The MOPOP (Museum of Popular Culture) a Frank Gehry building in Seattle.

Hasselblad SWC on Fuji Acros 100 souped in HC 110 B

The picture transports the haptic appeal of the surface  perfectly. And-not so easy with the SWC-perfect framing. More of these please.