Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, MarkP said:

M7, 2.0/35 Summicron-M v4
Ektar 100

Extraordinary rendering of the water added to by a thoughtful division of sea and sky. Lovely photo, one that could comfortably be enlarged and hung in a prominent place.

Edited by Bateleur
typo

11 hours ago, benqui said:

Made some experiments with water drops, this one was one of my favorites.

M6, Tmax 400 pushed up to 800, Apo 90

Love the dynamism in this photo especially the interplay of the eyes and the highlight of the droplets.

On 3/29/2019 at 11:33 PM, djmay said:

The clouds were covering the mountains during a hike with a monorail view camera. As I was hiking, I noticed the clouds moving. I quickly assembly the camera, tripod, etc. just as the clouds parted momentarily. A moment later all was covered again.

Well done in getting the photo. `It is certainly worth the effort and proof of quick thinking and a cool head!

1 minute ago, Bateleur said:

Well done in getting the photo. `It is certainly worth the effort and proof of quick thinking and a cool head!

Thank you. I almost missed it.

2 hours ago, MarkP said:

Ektar 100

Wow, love the seascape, Mark.  I was bit disappointed not to set a black limited edition T3 referenced, but the M7 will do 😂

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 17 Stunden schrieb A miller:

This is fantastic, Marc.  Love the outside-the-box rendition.

Thanks a lot Adam, much appreciated. To be honest it is really just by chance to get a special photo. The sun was suddenly coming through the window and at the beginning  I did not realize the effect of the light and the water drops (no monitor on my M6 😉) but when I saw the results, I really liked it

vor 16 Stunden schrieb stray cat:

Marc, you just go from strength to strength. I hope you'll keep experimenting with water droplets and all manner of things, because this is drop-dead sensational.

Thank you very much Phil! In this series I found some interesting effects between the water droplets and the light. Really very surprising!

vor 11 Stunden schrieb MarkP:

Ektar 100

I like the strong contrast between the green sea and the blue sky!

Am 30.3.2019 um 14:40 schrieb Cyril Jayant:

Blad 203 fe / 60-120 mm Zoom Blad/ tri-X

Hard to find a fresh angle on these --you did it ! Congrats ! I like the graphic approach. 

vor 21 Stunden schrieb chrism:

Long time no see. It has been a very interesting winter - an adventure with a stray cat led to huge lymph nodes which looked like a relapse of the CLL, but which, I was certain, were bartonellosis ("cat scratch fever"). They have become much less tender and quite a bit smaller after the appropriate antibiotics, so I may yet chisel away at a few more of the films in my freezer. Let's celebrate with some still life/still alive flowers (500cm, Distagon 4/50, XP2 Super @ISO100, HC-110, X1 scans, cropped for printing):

Coleus by chrism229, on Flickr

Strelitzia by chrism229, on Flickr

I like the lighting and the grey-tones.   And get well....

vor 20 Stunden schrieb benqui:

Made some experiments with water drops, this one was one of my favorites.

M6, Tmax 400 pushed up to 800, Apo 90

Great picture again.. I'm really impressed with the consistency and high quality of your results-- technical and  artistical.

May I ask a question: the apo 90 is a fantastic lens. Anyway my  apo 90  is collecting dust on the shelf since I don't quite know how to handle  the focus shift. I had the back focus corrected for my MP and the M7 , but there is still the shift problem. So my portraits with that lens show a lot of ears or noses in focus-but rarely the eyes. How do you get your consistent results-- do you use only one aperture and know where the focus will be?

Thank you,   Klaus 

vor 12 Stunden schrieb MarkP:

Ektar 100

Hypnotizing colors, finely tuned relation of sky and sea--great photo. 

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Kl@usW.:

Great picture again.. I'm really impressed with the consistency and high quality of your results-- technical and  artistical.

May I ask a question: the apo 90 is a fantastic lens. Anyway my  apo 90  is collecting dust on the shelf since I don't quite know how to handle  the focus shift. I had the back focus corrected for my MP and the M7 , but there is still the shift problem. So my portraits with that lens show a lot of ears or noses in focus-but rarely the eyes. How do you get your consistent results-- do you use only one aperture and know where the focus will be?

Thank you,   Klaus 

Thank you very much Klaus for your kind words. The Apo 90 is my favorite lens for indoor portraits. Maybe I was lucky because I do not have (or I do not notice) a focus shift at all. I use several apertures depending on the light and my intention. But with the aperture 2 I have to take care a lot on the position of the head of the model. The eyes should be on the same line, the face directly to me. If the model turns her head a bit, I have one eye sharp and the other not. In some cases, it really does not disturb me, but from the technical point of view, it is not perfect (but who cares). And to get a more dreamy look, I focus on the tip of the nose to get a blurry look for the eyes. Maybe you should go to the Customer Service to get the problem fixed. The Apo 90 is really such a perfect lens for portraits, it would be a pity not to use the full range of possibilities.