I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

6 hours ago, christoph_d said:

At the civic centre subway station I thought I spied Fedora man from above, but he moved too fast to get a sharp picture...

M4-P, 50, Ektar100

Oh, my, I give this an A for awesome, but then after some reflection, I want to give it a B for ballistic or just settle for brilliant. Whatever the vocabulary, which so many times can hardly define the emotional subtext of the visual, this blurred field of action is mesmerizing. I am seeing it printed large, very large, very, very large on a gallery wall, on a museum wall, on a billboard that even risks instigating traffic tie-ups. Bravo. And, yes, Ernst Haas is the man in color (Color Correction, too), you're right, even though he shot horses on the set of The Misfits but not blurred from what I've seen.

Cheers,
Rog

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, benqui said:

Come along with me for a portrait street walk, where you stop on interesting places to take some photos before you go to another place...

M4, Apo 50, Cinestill bwxx with Iso 400, X-Tol (1:1), 11 min

It was the first time that I used this film and I really like it a lot. Don't ask me why, maybe it is the look-and-feel, can't explain it exactly.

I like it too, and it pushes well, even 2 stops, but I prefer it at box. As for your subject, well she would make any film speed shine!!!! 🙂  great job as always

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gbealnz said:

Some Murano glass-art, gorgeous, and exceptionally clever.

503CXi with 120 Planar

Portra 400

Gary

I'm guessing that this lovely piece is now taking pride of place at chez Gary back in NZ?

4 hours ago, benqui said:

Direct flash from Contax T2, Ilford Delt 400. I like this trashy style with the flash, will try to use it more often.

I think you have a film working here that would catch the eye of Jean-Luc Godard.

Cut and print 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 4/3/2019 at 2:05 AM, stray cat said:

A story of kodachrome ❤️. I've been rescanning and reprocessing select pictures in order to get a reinvigorated look to them. I've been finding the old kodachromes hold up brilliantly over time. This is one such example - the picture was made during an evening dust storm over the Nile, viewed from the Old Cataract Hotel in Aswan. The colours here are true to the kodachrome original - bearing in mind that this transparency is 32 years old:

Aswan, Egypt 1987

Canon A1, FDn 50mm f1.4, Kodachrome 25

David Lean would be licking licking his chops along with Freddie Young. 

• Like 1

Electric Miles ...... Marcus Miller on the bass at Rose Theater Jazz at Lincoln Center last Friday night .... Tmax3200 well cropped ...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 19

This is Ektachrome around 9PM, red cube on Broadway and Liberty......trying for something interesting in the dark (actually just trying to finish the roll -- see the ladies on the beach a few pages back, wanted to see how that came out) ....

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, stray cat said:

I'm guessing that this lovely piece is now taking pride of place at chez Gary back in NZ?

Nah Phil, it was definitely nice, but heavy and I suspect (never checked of course) expensive.

I schlepped a tonne of Hasselblad and Leica gear about on this trip, hauling an equally heavy/expensive lump of art wasn't in the equation.

Gary

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, gbealnz said:

Nah Phil, it was definitely nice, but heavy and I suspect (never checked of course) expensive.

I schlepped a tonne of Hasselblad and Leica gear about on this trip, hauling an equally heavy/expensive lump of art wasn't in the equation.

Gary

Hasselblad and Leica ARE works of art!  The sculpture of optical glass! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, benqui said:

Not a submarine, just a self service laundry

M4, Tmax 400, pushed to 800, Apo 50

Great series and a fabulous model. You have both managed to create a natural style. Looking forward from your photo walk.

• Thanks 1

Roof structure.

• Like 19

10 hours ago, atournas said:

It turned out that this photo had been posted again, about three years ago. Apologies for inflicting it to you once more!

• Haha 2

Group portrait with a dancer.

• Like 15

Parliament Budapest

SWC Portra 400

Gary

• Like 18