I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

16 hours ago, Ernest said:

... the horses caught in blurred action running across the plain, which goes into the folder that I think Ernest Haas would thumbs up ... 

I agree with the movement (and the quality of the picture),  though when I think Ernst Haas I'd think colour first. 

Anyway, your comment brought me to dig out his book "die Schoepfung" (The Creation) and to admire his vision once more... thanks for that.

Rgds

C.

• Like 2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb christoph_d:

At the civic centre subway station I thought I spied Fedora man from above, but he moved too fast to get a sharp picture...

M4-P, 50, Ektar100

this is very good, chapeau ! 

• Thanks 1

vor 20 Stunden schrieb A miller:
Am 3.4.2019 um 11:12 schrieb Kl@usW.:

Bearbind--Convolvulus arvensis

HB, Makro-Planar 4/120,  Scala @200

Fantastic contrast.  Who makes "Scala" film?  I have never heard of it...

Thank you Adam. Agfa Scala 200 is a b/w reversal film and  was discontinued about  ten ?  years ago.  I bought a hefty supply  of 120 and 135 films when this was announced, stored them away in a cool place and then forgot them after buying a M 8... Only last year on moving my household I stumbled upon the films... Astonishingly enough,  testing with a grey chart showed they hadn't lost any of their speed and contrast. So the pictures shown here were made in 2018 and 2019 on "new old stock". Since  there seems to be a small, but constant demand for  this film, ADOX has taken up the production of a more or less identical film. Before ordering the "Adox Scala 160" , you should be aware of the fact that this film needs  a proprietary development and only few labs still do this. Apart from this drawback  Scala  film delivers a  quite unique contrast.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Baía dos Porcos by JM__, on Flickr

Portra 800 - Fuji TX1 + 30mm Fujinon

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Street market by night.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 17

Serene stroll.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 19

Praia do Cachorro by JM__, on Flickr

BW conversion of velvia 50 - 30mm Fuji TX1

1 hour ago, benqui said:

Direct flash from Contax T2, Ilford Delt 400. I like this trashy style with the flash, will try to use it more often.

A wonderful series, Marc. You have found a model who has qualities of both Brigitte Bardot and Jean Shrimpton, and your style here is very much evocative of David Bailey. These things combined, along with your already well-established talent for fashion, lead one to be very excited about where you will go with this style. Have you more from your street walk?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Cyril Jayant said:

You did it again Earnest. Looks like it is a good study of the images written in a computer language and with hidden scripting on a mirror code to make it more interesting.  

Thanks, Cyril, for picking up on the computer language ploy--just a few decades beyond Kafka and his mirror to the alienation effect of corporate confluence. Oh, my, alliteration of the alienation effect. I hope Phil likes it. Nothing quite so mundane as a field of nothing but ones and zeroes, eh? That's just my nudging in the ribs for Kafka. Corngold's book is for real, though, and it's really interesting how Kafka's business occupation is reflected in his writing.

Cheers,
Rog

• Like 2