I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

8 hours ago, AntonioF said:

In-laws from Seattle visiting us and unintentionally posing like in the back cover of an 80s band album

M6, Summicron 35 asph, Tri-X

20190327-DSC02420 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

20190327-DSC02421 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

Three decades earlier, and it's L'Avventura Lost, from Antonioni's notes, location file photos, scribbled ideas on the back. No one can play Monica Vitti, ever again. Poor Sandro. Tell us this diptych is not going for five figures at auction. Sophia Coppola is bidding on the telephone, Eleanor is complaining O.S. My mind is heating up with scenarios, and I don't think I can take the temperature. Burn the backstory. Some things are better not known, so we'll just dwell on the partial soundtrack left on the Nagra in Antonioni's hotel room before his stroke. Phil's phone number to parse the notes. A lot of instinct in this.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:40 AM, stray cat said:

Zadar, Croatia 1986

F1, FDn 35mm f2, Ilford FP4

For crying out loud, I want to cry out loud, this is so hauntingly provocative; how do I anchor this, the redundancy of the arc of the sea wall leading to the head of a solitary man, a 35mm perspective, for crying out loud, so Kafkaesque in broad daylight! How did they find me, here? I'm innocent. I can testify in eight languages, most, convincingly. But, what's Anna doing with them. My papers are in order, but they're in the hotel room, fourth floor, corner window view. This isn't fair. So much DNA in this photographer's instinct. So much DNA. All right, it's all fiction, but fiction counts when nothing else does. His name is Boris, and that's not fiction. He imported used Rolls Royces and his mechanic got them running for resale. That's where Anna came into the scene with a Rolleiflex that supposedly belonged to Eva Braun. It was a curious lie, but what else could Boris believe, parading in Speedos. When he was twenty, he could run a mile in just over five minutes. He wonders how well he can do today. Not the right shoes. Sometimes, nothing comes together because it's not supposed to, he guesses.

For crying out loud, Phil. It's not supposed to be fair.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Early Atlas
M-A APO-Summicron-M 50mm
ADOX Color Implosion & E100

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 19

2 hours ago, Ernest said:

Three decades earlier, and it's L'Avventura Lost, from Antonioni's notes, location file photos, scribbled ideas on the back. No one can play Monica Vitti, ever again. Poor Sandro. Tell us this diptych is not going for five figures at auction. Sophia Coppola is bidding on the telephone, Eleanor is complaining O.S. My mind is heating up with scenarios, and I don't think I can take the temperature. Burn the backstory. Some things are better not known, so we'll just dwell on the partial soundtrack left on the Nagra in Antonioni's hotel room before his stroke. Phil's phone number to parse the notes. A lot of instinct in this.

5 figures bid accepted!!!

Great reference and great movie!  I’ve always wanted to go visit the islands where the movie was shot!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bars.

• Like 18

39 minutes ago, A miller said:

I came across this guy singing to himself in Greenwich Village.  I placed him in front of this nearby wall as I thought it would make an amusing photo 😀

Portra 400 

M7, 28mm elmarit pre-asph

The fifth Beatle?

• Haha 2

Sunset tree planters - my uncle decided to plant 35 new trees in his garden, mostly fig trees, and I stopped by to take a look

M6, Summicron 36 asph, Tri-X

20190327-DSC02380 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

• Like 16

On 28 March 2019 at 6:13 AM, stray cat said:

victorian high country 1989

nikon n8008, AF-Nikkor 180mm f2.8 IF-ED, Agfapan 25

High jinks on the plateau ...  so much energy and character. A simply gorgeous photo.

• Like 2

On 28 March 2019 at 9:42 AM, stray cat said:

Girl reading in country pub being interrupted by photographer 1989

Nikon N8008s, AF Nikkor 85mm f1.8, TMAX 3200

A moment, two people engaging and a camera to seal the union and the romantic in me sees more than I should, her engaging expression, your thoughtful composition and I am happy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ernest said:

The fifth Beatle?

Now that is funny, Rog.  Thanks, made my day 😂

1 hour ago, Cyril Jayant said:

Paris, La Defence.

M6-Tri-X 

Very cool, Cyril 👍

1 hour ago, AntonioF said:

Sunset tree planters - my uncle decided to plant 35 new trees in his garden, mostly fig trees, and I stopped by to take a look

Wow, lovely, makes me fancy some figs!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AntonioF said:

I’ll bet your uncle (fig)ured that you would stop by to (fig)ure it out with a photographic (fig)uration. Bravo for figs.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, atournas said:

Pool sailing.

Very interesting, Paul.  A novel concept :)

1 hour ago, Ernest said:

Nick's Bag
M-A Macro-Elmar-M
ADOX Color Implosion

Back to ABCs.

Very cool, Rog.  Love the patterns and colors.  You might want to look at the leveling b/c at least on my screen it look a little tilted to the right 🤪

1 minute ago, djmay said:

The clouds were covering the mountains during a hike with a monorail view camera. As I was hiking, I noticed the clouds moving. I quickly assembly the camera, tripod, etc. just as the clouds parted momentarily. A moment later all was covered again.

wow, stunning, bravo to you.  All you needed was the presence of the moon and it would have been a modern "moonrise" :)

• Thanks 1

Nick's Bag 4 Adam
M-A Macro-Elmar-M
ADOX Color Implosion

You're dead on, Adam: the bag itself was carrying a tad much.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, A miller said:

I came across this guy singing to himself in Greenwich Village.  I placed him in front of this nearby wall as I thought it would make an amusing photo 😀

Portra 400 

M7, 28mm elmarit pre-asph

😀 Shot Adam! 

On 3/27/2019 at 8:40 AM, stray cat said:

Zadar, Croatia 1986

F1, FDn 35mm f2, Ilford FP4

🤔 Lovely.... 

On 3/28/2019 at 1:22 AM, A miller said:

Special forces, NYC 👊

Portra 400 

*If your photo is not good you not close enough! * I read somewhere..   But when you are too close the photo is too great but it is with a great cost and a life and a  risk as a photographer. When we read this photo first thing comes to mind is it worth taking a risk? As a photographer, it is a great thrill to look back in your image and at the same time think about the moment how you made it. I have gone little out but seems you have done this while the Motorcyclist in motion and my story connect to it. I like the close details on his face and that is the story in this photo. 

On 3/27/2019 at 10:41 PM, Kl@usW. said:

Birches  

HB 205 FE, F-Distagon 3,5/30 . Agfa Scala @ 200. Develop Photostudio 13, Scan MFL 

Very nice 

On 3/28/2019 at 5:13 AM, stray cat said:

victorian high country 1989

nikon n8008, AF-Nikkor 180mm f2.8 IF-ED, Agfapan 25

Lovely Vintage look, Stray cat. It goes with quality processing as for "Victorian  High country"

On 3/28/2019 at 8:49 AM, stray cat said:

Silver birches 1989

Nikon N8008, AF-Nikkor 35mm f2, Agfapan 100, yellow filter

Beautiful continuous Subtle tones! Lovely.

• Like 2