I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Olympus XA, Cinestill 800T

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Breakfast with Marilyn Monroe

Minox III (Private Eye,) Agfa Agepe FF, 12 ISO (long expired)

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

Drive-in Redux No. 8 Triptych
M-A APO-Summicron-M 50mm & Macro-Elmar-M
ADOX Color Implosion & E100

Okay, so I get a telepathic postcard from Hiroshi Sugimoto, Studio City, CA: "Love the concept and the embrace of the commonplace (no longer common in any place), but any twit knows that drive-ins are landscape. I mean, are you the odd sort who goes in the way people are supposed to go out?" Anyway, that's the gist of it, so amends with the redux. Slow to  learn the obvious, so now I am struggling with that Kodak 18% gray (sort of) for projecting future play.

Under radar,
Rog

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, Ernest said:

Okay, so I get a telepathic postcard from Hiroshi Sugimoto, Studio City, CA: "Love the concept and the embrace of the commonplace (no longer common in any place), but any twit knows that drive-ins are landscape. I mean, are you the odd sort who goes in the way people are supposed to go out?" Anyway, that's the gist of it, so amends with the redux. Slow to  learn the obvious, so now I am struggling with that Kodak 18% gray (sort of) for projecting future play.

Under radar,
Rog

Cut and paste, Rog. Hiroshi's right - who looks at a portrait-oriented drive-in screen anyway? (Unless of course your full focus is not ON the MOVIE but on unrelated activity in the CAR where your own orientation (and that of your guest) happens to depart from the VERTICAL but these are probably thoughts from too long ago to be of any practical help to the current discussion). But I do like the way you have incorporated the apron in front of the screen, illuminated by the denizens of cars about to depart the drive-in (or perhaps illuminated by that NUISANCE (there's always one) who leaves his lights on until he receives a none-too subtle reminder from the other patrons who actually want to see the movie - or not (heh heh nudge nudge)).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, stray cat said:

Cut and paste, Rog. Hiroshi's right - who looks at a portrait-oriented drive-in screen anyway? (Unless of course your full focus is not ON the MOVIE but on unrelated activity in the CAR where your own orientation (and that of your guest) happens to depart from the VERTICAL but these are probably thoughts from too long ago to be of any practical help to the current discussion). But I do like the way you have incorporated the apron in front of the screen, illuminated by the denizens of cars about to depart the drive-in (or perhaps illuminated by that NUISANCE (there's always one) who leaves his lights on until he receives a none-too subtle reminder from the other patrons who actually want to see the movie - or not (heh heh nudge nudge)).

But, what about all our buddies crammed into the trunk so they wouldn't have to pay? Are we going to let them out, say, fifteen minutes after the start of the film?

• Like 2

Subways I Triptych
M-A Summilux-M 50mm ASPH.

• Like 13

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 9 Stunden schrieb MT0227:

Hi film friends.   Well...I guess it was bound to happen at some point; I botched my first roll during development.   I processed a roll of TriX in HC-110 and the entire roll came out as if I shot it with my lens cap on ( which I didn't).  I ended up with a long, clear, strip of film and assume this was due to expired developer.   Can someone confirm, this has never happened to me?  Thanks!

I would also say developed with fixer instead of HC-110.

You can easily check that with a small piece of film in combination with (diluted) HC-110. HC-110 itself can be stored for years especially handled as you do. If the snippet becomes black everything is fine with your HC-110. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EoinC said:

One of daughter, from a couple of years ago, before she moved to NZ.

EOS 1v w/ ZE135 - Tri-X...

A017 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

Very nice grain of Kodak TX Eoin  and thanks for your daughter's picture

Very nice photo

Best H

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ernest said:

But, what about all our buddies crammed into the trunk so they wouldn't have to pay? Are we going to let them out, say, fifteen minutes after the start of the film?

I did that once - I was one of the unlucky ones in the trunk (or "boot" as we say here). Luckily our friends did remember us and let us out - eventually... Hell, I even remember the movie - The Shape of Water. *

* Obviously, I am being silly here. At least, I hope it's obvious...

Edited by stray cat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Wayne said:

Breakfast with Marilyn Monroe

Minox III (Private Eye,) Agfa Agepe FF, 12 ISO (long expired)

Fabulous: this image traps the eye within the frame and asks questions too. And HC-B was spot-on about sharpness!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wayne said:

Olympus XA, Cinestill 800T

This is awesome, Wayne!

6 hours ago, Ernest said:

Under radar,
Rog

loving these today, Rog, with this my fav

1 hour ago, stray cat said:

rose 2019

Canon F1N, FD 35mm f2 SSC, Agfa Vista 400

Beautiful, Pic!  Love these colors OMG - also your kite - wow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, A miller said:

This is awesome, Wayne!

loving these today, Rog, with this my fav

Beautiful, Pic!  Love these colors OMG - also your kite - wow.

Thanks Adam. Definitely not my kite - the damn thing kept flapping its tentacle things on my head as I was trying to duck and weave for the shot!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3