Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

2 minutes ago, A miller said:

wow, that's pretty cool, Phil.  I have looked this up and will add these films to my list to watch with my wife in the coming weeks.  Thanks for the very kind remarks and for the very interesting insights!

I'm glad you're going to watch them, Adam - I think you'll love them.

3 hours ago, Steve Ricoh said:

Thought I'd shoot this for a 'change' using the Helios 44M 2/58, on Lomography 400CN, Pentax MX

love the originality, Steve.  Very well framed and has a fun feel to it

1 hour ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Just browsed through my archives and stumbled upon this one. Not the wonderful color palette as in Steve's picture above, but matching the theme:

M4-P - Tele-Elmarit 90 - Portra 160

love those reflections of clouds in the window, James :) 

This is an truly outstanding and fascinating interview. It is an interesting read and as you sad, with that personal touch which let's us know more about you as a photographer and artist. The choice of pictures is excellent, and it warms my heart that I found again one picture that is hanging at my walls at the same time. Btw., I'm deep in the preparations for the challenge to find my own scenes in your playground :) I just have to make my final decision about the cameras I will take with me and wether I should bring Tri-X or rely on color film only.

34 minutes ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

This is an truly outstanding and fascinating interview. It is an interesting read and as you sad, with that personal touch which let's us know more about you as a photographer and artist. The choice of pictures is excellent, and it warms my heart that I found again one picture that is hanging at my walls at the same time. Btw., I'm deep in the preparations for the challenge to find my own scenes in your playground :) I just have to make my final decision about the cameras I will take with me and wether I should bring Tri-X or rely on color film only.

Thanks a lot, James!  It goes without saying but please do let me know if you have any questions regarding places or film choice.  I would bring some B&W and color.  If you will remind me I would also be happy to leave a roll of Adox Color Implosion with my doorman for you to pick up when you are here.  I also could give you a roll of the Ferrania P30 to have fun with.  Just let me know.  

3 hours ago, A miller said:

love the originality, Steve.  Very well framed and has a fun feel to it

love those reflections of clouds in the window, James :) 

Thanks Adam, the Helios-44M 2/58 is a delightful lens, one I intend to use more often. 

3 hours ago, A miller said:

In another homage to film photography, an interview with streetphotography.com has just gone live.  The team over their is really top notch and the interviewer was very thoughtful in his personal touch on my answers to his questions :)

https://streetphotography.com/street-tales-of-new-york-city-the-street-photography-of-adam-miller

Great article/interview Adam!