I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

I know, right :)  I probably could get away with a citizen's arrest at will.  The trench is an old Loro Piana that I bought about 15 years ago now.  It has seen better days for sure but it matches my Borsalino :)  All kidding aside, it is not that uncommon of a look here in NYC.

Adam, I hope you don't mind me saying, from your attire you look like a Private Investigator from the 1970's.

The coat has me worried though, who knows what he has underneath.

Very "go go gadget" like.

Gary

Edited by A miller
  • Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On a week-long stay at the Faroe Islands, I took the ferry from Torshavn (the 'capital') to the southernmost island, Suduroy, and looked up potential shooting locations on the island. This image was taken a little before the sun was setting in the ocean, with wind from the west (left). With the uplift of the humid air at the cliffs, fog and clouds drifted over the island. A quite typical situation for the islands; the ocean can be more or less cloud free, but the islands are generally covered in clouds. I think the locals talk about less than a handful days without clouds in a typical year.

I finished the shooting around mid night, without any bed for the night (I can be quite unorganised, particularly when drifting around with a camera...). But I stopped at a small 'hotel' in a village not far from the scene, hoping for a roof for the night. The doors were locked, so I was standing outside, knocking on the doors I could see. After quite some time, the owner showed up. It's safe to say he was more than skeptical to welcome guests after midnight. After some conversation - and with the room paid upfront - he agreed to let me in. After 16+ hours shooting, it felt wonderful to recover from fatigue...

Mamiya 7, 80mm, Fuji Provia 100F.

Wonderful photograph! And also the type of thing I used to do, show up somewhere then worry about finding a hotel, I slept in my car a few times in my youth. :D

My wife is much better organised nowadays.

• Like 4

What lovely grain!  :p

Oooh, James.  That sucks!  It is such a magnificent photo, too!!  I really feel for you.   :(

Absolutely stunning, H.  Your destinations are much to be desired!

Great stuff, Eoin! Love that Tri-X!!

Sincere thanks, Phil. Your contributions here form a key part of the heart and soul of this thread.  You are very thought-provoking and inspiring - and, of course, a true film ambassador.

This first one is actually quite funny.  A stand off that you don't want to get between :)

Thanks a lot Adam. I'd be very honored if I could be thought of as an ambassador for film - I sincerely believe in its viability for all time.

And, yes - you, Adam, are emerging as a hybrid Inspector Gadget/Philip Marlowe/Jean-Paul Belmondo or Alain Delon figure in your street shooting attire. A great look!

• Like 5

Eking out a living. Rakhine State, Myanmar.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

HP5 400

• Like 18

I know, right :)  I probably could get away with a citizen's arrest at will.  The trench is an old Loro Piana that I bought about 15 years ago now.  It has seen better days for sure but it matches my Borsalino :)  All kidding aside, it is not that uncommon of a look here in NYC.

Adam,

Stock up on Borsalino's because the Swiss owner has declared bankruptcy!!!

40767058202_c14b3661ca_b.jpg

Parque, Vedado, La Habana by JM__, on Flickr

Nov 2017, La Havana.

Wifi internet is available, via a pre paid card, in public places across town. 

Acros 100 - SWC

Edited by JMF

My fifth roll of filmed developed.  HP5 and M3 and 50mm DR.  Forgive the dust.  

• Like 16

More from the same roll.  Sunny 16 but cheating with a handheld light meter occasionally.  This was one was in mid-afternoon sun with lots of glare off the water.  

• Like 13

Last one.  Trying to sneak up on the geese and I startled them and they startled me.  

• Like 13

OMG, i just got an MRI on my elbow and as i was there in the middle of that tube trying to block out all the harsh loud jerking noises i realized that this is probably what my film must feel like inside my Nikon coolscan :)

Edited by A miller
  • Like 6