I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

In U.S., Opening Day is almost upon us.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Rolleiflex 3.5 Tessar, Ektar

• Like 19

Love these Edward.

Certainly minimal grain considering.

Gary

• Like 2

That's a shocking response by any standards!

Here in the UK it's common for people on meeting to ask 'how are you?'. It's just politeness, they have no real interests in your health or feelings, or anything. For instance if you were to respond, 'oh, I'm ok, but the dandruff is getting out of control', the individual inquiring would probably think to him or herself, what the F, do you think I'm remotely interested whether you are ok or not, with a smile!

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here in the UK it's common for people on meeting to ask 'how are you?'. It's just politeness, they have no real interests in your health or feelings, or anything. For instance if you were to respond, 'oh, I'm ok, but the dandruff is getting out of control', the individual inquiring would probably think to him or herself, what the F, do you think I'm remotely interested whether you are ok or not, with a smile!

I used to work with an all English team and always found that politeness amusing :)

I found a half exposed roll of Agfa CT 100 Precisa in one of my cameras lately. Have since forgotten which camera it was, actually. Brought it to the drugstore for development last week and found some nice pictures on it. By the look of them it seems the exposures where done in my Leica M3 with the Summicron 50 DR. I really love the colors in this one:

Edited by Sparkassenkunde
  • Like 19

I found a half exposed roll of Agfa CT 100 Precisa in one of my cameras lately. Have since forgotten which camera it was, actually. Brought it tho the drugstore for department last week and found some nice pictures on it. By the look of them it seems the exposures where done in my Leica M3 with the Summicron 50 DR. I really love the colors in this one:

Bild-1-187.jpg

Fully agreed, James. Lovely colors and the blossoms are rendered beautifully by the cron.

• Like 1

Another catchy color slide film picture from the same roll:

• Like 18

Wow, lovely colours James. Well done. I've shot Precisa too and find it a fantastic film that is also great value for the money.

I found a half exposed roll of Agfa CT 100 Precisa in one of my cameras lately. Have since forgotten which camera it was, actually. Brought it to the drugstore for development last week and found some nice pictures on it. By the look of them it seems the exposures where done in my Leica M3 with the Summicron 50 DR. I really love the colors in this one:

attachicon.gifBild-1-187.jpg

Very good one Antonio. I'm also happy to see I'm not alone in lifting the camera to shoot at airports :)

Flying off Milano Linate - Mandatory airport shot ...

M6, Canon LTM 50/1.4, Fomapan 400, HC-110 dil B

25921256177_3c08eef7a1_b.jpg

20180311-DSCF1464 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

This is truly fantastic James. We had frozen canals here in town too which meant the Dutch, who have also been deprived of frozen canals a great many years, flooded to any frozen piece of water they could find. My family and I just went and had snowball fights on the ice on the canals in our neighbourhood. Luckily there were no ice breakers to be seen. That's really a crime given how rare these things are.

A good week ago the lake in my hometown was frozen deep enough do walk and skate on it. The last time the lake was frozen this way was 22 years ago. I was skating on the glassy ground a full afternoon, enjoyed the sunny weather and used my pocket friendly Minilux for some snapshots. Unfortunately the next morning they let an ice breaker cross the lake, so the ice cracked on many places and began to feel uncomfortable under my feet. Here is one of the shots from a day to remember:

attachicon.gifBild-1-190.jpg

Minilux - Cinestill 800

• Like 1