I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Olympus Trip 35, Kodak 200 Gold, C-41 at home. After this roll, I decided to purchase Plustek 8200i scanner. :)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Ko.Fe.
  • Like 8

just a pic of me and my oldest who made me a grandfather this year, Kodachrome ......... I do miss this film, without question .... wonder what the Ektachrome will look like .. Canon TL 50mm FD 1.8 lens ... long long time ago now ...

• Like 15

As Mike (Mikemgb) indicated, we had a lovely walk together in NYC last Tuesday.  It was interesting b/c we serendiptiously were both shooting with the same 50 DR cron lens.  He used Tri-X (and I think HP5 if I'm not mistaken) and I shot with the Cinestill XX B&W film.  

My results are streaming in.  Here's one: a construction worker from Lower Manhattan

Cinestill XX, 50 DR cron, M-A

Edited by A miller
  • Like 18

just a pic of me and my oldest who made me a grandfather this year, Kodachrome ......... I do miss this film, without question .... wonder what the Ektachrome will look like .. Canon TL 50mm FD 1.8 lens ... long long time ago now ...

awesome, Steve.  Love the 'stache  :)

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As Mike (Mikemgb) indicated, we had a lovely walk together in NYC last Tuesday.  It was interesting b/c we serendiptiously were both shooting with the same 50 DR cron lens.  He used Tri-X (and I think HP5 if I'm not mistaken) and I shot with the Cinestill XX B&W film.  

My results are streaming in.  Here's one: a construction worker from Lower Manhattan

attachicon.giffrom walk with Mike.jpg

love that film!!!!!! you can get it all year .... Yes the mustache, was soon shaved after that (Zach didn't like it) ..... all the best for a happy and wonderful new year

• Like 1

attachicon.gifNYC by Adam Miller.jpg

NIce shot!

I actually used Tri-X, T-Max, Delta and HP5, all 400. I wanted to compare the four films in a situation where the subject and the weather was the same, this trip was the perfect occasion for that. I'm scanning today, my initial impression is that no matter how good Tri-X looks its curl will probably stop me buying any more.

Edited by mikemgb
  • Like 4

Thanks, Mike.  Curling sucks.  But why not just rolls them once they are dry for a while, or stick them inside a large book for a few days.  That's what I do.  I have one lab that I use that is notorious for giving me back Ektar with major curls.  It tries my patience!

NIce shot!

I actually used Tri-X, T-Max, Delta and HP5, all 400. I wanted to compare the four films in a situation where the subject and the weather was the same, this trip was the perfect occasion for that. I'm scanning today, fy initial impression is that no matter how good Tri-X looks its curl will probably stop me buying any more.

Thanks, Mike.  Curling sucks.  But why not just rolls them once they are dry for a while, or stick them inside a large book for a few days.  That's what I do.  I have one lab that I use that is notorious for giving me back Ektar with major curls.  It tries my patience!

The Tri-X is currently sleeved and sitting under a pile of books.

Interesting about the Ektar, I just scanned a roll that is completely flat. I guess environment has a lot to do with it, my house currently has a humidity level of 6%, I wonder if that causes the emulsion to shrink more? Higher humidity may help.

• Like 2

The Tri-X is currently sleeved and sitting under a pile of books.

Interesting about the Ektar, I just scanned a roll that is completely flat. I guess environment has a lot to do with it, my house currently has a humidity level of 6%, I wonder if that causes the emulsion to shrink more? Higher humidity may help.

I am sure it is not the film.  My other lab's ektar doesn't curl (at least not as bad).

• Like 1

One from the first roll through my latest toy.

Abandoned grain elevator, Arkansas. Pentax 67, Takumar 45mm, Ektar 100.

The scratches in the corner are actually on the ANR glass I just bought and used for the first time tonight, I will be returning this particular piece.

• Like 11

NIce shot!

I actually used Tri-X, T-Max, Delta and HP5, all 400. I wanted to compare the four films in a situation where the subject and the weather was the same, this trip was the perfect occasion for that. I'm scanning today, my initial impression is that no matter how good Tri-X looks its curl will probably stop me buying any more.

Hi Mike, I don't notice any issues with Tri-X curling, the real curly film for me is ACROS 100 (but won't stop me from shooting this very special film).

I hang my film to dry in a DIY drying cabinet, weighted with a clip and Tri-X comes out completely straight with no curl at all. How do you dry your film?

• Like 5

Hi Mike, I don't notice any issues with Tri-X curling, the real curly film for me is ACROS 100 (but won't stop me from shooting this very special film).

I hang my film to dry in a DIY drying cabinet, weighted with a clip and Tri-X comes out completely straight with no curl at all. How do you dry your film?

I hang it in my bath/darkroom weighted with a clip, I find Tri-X and T-Max both curl more than Delta or HP5. I'm sure the curl is probably influenced by environment and could be corrected if I decide I want to stick with a Kodak product.

• Like 3

attachicon.gifNYC by Adam Miller.jpg

Nice shot, Adam. Keep them streaming in (Sounds like an election).

• Like 1