• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doc Henry

• A miller

• philipus

• EoinC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This photo is from a series from some of my crazy, extreme photo adventures I  had photographing Mountains "Alpinists " and rock climbers. This is Alpes mountain range which is called   "Le Massive du Mont Blanc", Haût Savoir region  In France.  And this place is a White valley ( La Vallee Blanche - Chamonix ) the most beautiful region You must visit. I was very brave enough to carry my Medium format two lenses/ meters/ and a Canon EOS and a 50mm, a lot of films No tripod/ It is crazy when I thi

Bonjour Henri,   I still prefer black and white film (I use almost no colour). The advantages of digital don’t mean much to me. Seeing instant results is not so useful, since what comes out of a camera is always far from a final result, and the final result requires time and thought.   Film also continues to improve. The quality of available film and developers is as good as it has ever been, and it is still as competent as digital sensors of equivalent size.   I also much prefer silver g

On a week-long stay at the Faroe Islands, I took the ferry from Torshavn (the 'capital') to the southernmost island, Suduroy, and looked up potential shooting locations on the island. This image was taken a little before the sun was setting in the ocean, with wind from the west (left). With the uplift of the humid air at the cliffs, fog and clouds drifted over the island. A quite typical situation for the islands; the ocean can be more or less cloud free, but the islands are generally covered in

Posted Images

On this morning in the Dead Sea (my second to last) I drove my car up a slab of road that dead-ended into the dead sea so I could get close to where I wanted to go into the water.   I left the car running and got out and ventured off into the water pretty far out and then realized that I forgot my ND filters.

SWC

Ektar

Dead Sea by Adam Miller.jpg

You should have asked them to fly your filters out to you. You could have let them fly your keys back to shore. Win, win.

You should have asked them to fly your filters out to you. You could have let them fly your keys back to shore. Win, win.

good point.  I also could have asked them to carry my hasselblad up in the air and take some aerial views 

Next year...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On this morning in the Dead Sea (my second to last) I drove my car up a slab of road that dead-ended into the dead sea so I could get close to where I wanted to go into the water.   I left the car running and got out and ventured off into the water pretty far out and then realized that I forgot my ND filters.

SWC

Ektar

Dead Sea by Adam Miller.jpg

Agree, very nice shot, all of them as well, stunning.

I fully expected to see some drone streaks in your picture too.

Gary

Agree, very nice shot, all of them as well, stunning.

I fully expected to see some drone streaks in your picture too.

Gary

Thanks, Gary

M3, Zeiss 50/2 Planar, HP5, D76:

Untitled by Brendan | Toews, on Flickr

Lovely composition - the balance of the foreground snow and the clouds with the lead in by the water to the mountains. Very harmonious to my eye.

In 1977, Pippa went to work for the summer with a group of mentally handicapped children at Harperbury Hospital in Hertfordshire. (I know it was 77 as it was the only time she has ever cut more than an inch or two off her hair). She took my old Trip 35 with her and some FP4. I believe this was at some nearby lakes either in Shenley or Elstree.

Shenley 1977 by chrism229, on Flickr

No lifejackets required in those days!

Lovely scene, Chris.  Definitely puts us in the 70's!

Street painter in Turin

H500 C/M + Planar CF 80

Kodak Portra 400 expired, converted in BW due to color deviation

Street painter by Massimo Della Valle, su Flickr Edited by MaDeVa

Along side the bustling Old City of Jerusalem a night with my Hassy SWC and... EKTAR (yes, Ektar goes both ways 

)

Jerusalem.jpg

Interesting. I would think the color would add to this comp, but the B&W is cool too.

Here's my one and only attempt (and I blew it - not enough exposure).

Wista 4x5

Rodenstock Sironar 210 lens (or possibly Grandagon 90, can't remember)

E100VS

Interesting. I would think the color would add to this comp, but the B&W is cool too.

Here's my one and only attempt (and I blew it - not enough exposure).

Wista 4x5

Rodenstock Sironar 210 lens (or possibly Grandagon 90, can't remember)

E100VS

Interesting use of Ektachrome at night.  I'd say a bit brave, too

As for my photo in Jerusalem, the colors were definitely ok and workable but for some strange reason I got smearing specular glare of some of the street lights that were very oft-putting.  So I killed them off!  Besides, I have a sunrise version of this as well that I will keep in color