I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Reflections of mountains and blue sky in a cast of warm early morning sunshine, on the salty beach riddled with sink holes  :o

The Dead Sea

Velvia 50

Hassy 503cw, 80mm Planar

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by A miller
  • Like 13

I'd have to throw my X1 away and use a flatbed to do that! :p

Surely, though, the sprocket holes would simply serve to surprise youngsters who have never seen film and demonstrate some sort of one-upmanship to them? We all know about them and it would just waste our precious pixel allowance for forum images, unless you are using 'evidence' in the sense of proving we are not surreptitiously posting digital images (and if it were true that the only way to tell if an image is from film is to see the sprockets holes, we would all be better off using digital cameras....)

Just like the look, that's all. Adam shared an interesting image taken of the Brooklyn bridge - all out of focus, apart from sprockets. I particularly like images where the sprocket holes cut the scene. Look great hanging on the wall, would get people talking for sure.
  • Like 1

Just like the look, that's all. Adam shared an interesting image taken of the Brooklyn bridge - all out of focus, apart from sprockets. I particularly like images where the sprocket holes cut the scene. Look great hanging on the wall, would get people talking for sure.

Steve - you are waaaaaay off base here...

It's the Manhattan Bridge, not the Brooklyn Bridge!

:D

• Like 1

Railroad flatbed car/fertile field awaiting its turn to be scrapped.

Zenit 2/C, Industar 50mm 3.5, Holga 400 ISO film

• Like 14

These people shots are very delightful with their nice colors and so full of life. The only annoying thing is the big digital camera on the table :ph34r:

Digital captured on film, I think it's ok.

Pretty sure the chap with his dad camera didn't need a lens that long either! I shot the whole day on a 35 and 28mm

• Like 1

Really nice shot, and the colors are so good. Too bad superia 100 is discontinued.

I was thinking the same thing. I found some on Ebay, 12 exposure rolls that expired in 2008. I suppose they will be perfect for Pen F (half frame,) if the rolls render a decent image. I guess we will know, for sure, that film is making a come back when Fuji starts producing some of these films again. I still have a roll of Acros 400. I sure would like to see them produce that film again, too.

• Like 1

Speaking of morning skies...here's one shot on Ektar :)

Hassy 503cw, 80mm Planar

Edited by A miller
  • Like 14

I was thinking the same thing. I found some on Ebay, 12 exposure rolls that expired in 2008. I suppose they will be perfect for Pen F (half frame,) if the rolls render a decent image. I guess we will know, for sure, that film is making a come back when Fuji starts producing some of these films again. I still have a roll of Acros 400. I sure would like to see them produce that film again, too.

If that is of any interest, I just found out that a variety of the superia 100 is still sold in Japan exclusively for the Japanese market. That would be a better option than buying expired film. There is a film seller in bangkok who stocks on these. They're sold for the equivalent of 8$. Expensive.

PS. Model number is: 100-R 36EX 3SB

Edited by edwardkaraa
  • Like 3

The second is particularly lovely, Edward. Beautiful colors in the morning sky.

Thank you so much Adam! Just a small correction, it's evening time. The only way I would wake up early enough to catch dawn light is in the case of an earthquake measuring at least 7 on the Richter scale :D

• Like 1

Boat sheds, Holy Island.

Leica MP

35mm summicron asph

Ilford FP4+

Heliopan O22

• Like 15