I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Wayne for me these pictures remind me some very old images

Very special impression when we watch , may be the color a bit vintage, the grain

or the composition :)

Very nice series . I like specially the first picture, simple and beautiful color of Fuji

Best

Henry

Thank you, Henry. I once came across some 50s and 60s Leica enthusiast magazines, I forget the name, and became entranced by quality of images rendered by the old glass and film. It is what I am after in my images. I stumbled across this old Pen camera and am struck by how similar the use of it is to my M3. I mean, the rendering of the Pen and the Zuiko lens cannot be compared to the M3 and 50mm DR Summicron; but to feel of using it can. Your/this thread means a lot to me, and I am deeply grateful.

Best,

Wayne

• Like 4

A view from Hackpen Hill / Ridgeway ancient long-distance path.  The harvest was in progress - and the crop-circle 'enthusiasts' (I could think of other words...) were out in force Tuesday afternoon.  R5, 60mm Macro Elmarit-R, Acros 100, Rodinal 1:50.

36141214986_20c11e79cc_b.jpg

• Like 17

Some more darkish Stockholm stuff, again 5222 at EI800 in HC-110(H).

Come to think of it, I believe I shot most of these with my 75 Summicron, which is a bloody amazing lens. But it is one of my least used lenses so I've put it up for sale in the classifieds, calibrated just this week and with Leica 6-bit coding added, hint hint.

Flickr

Flickr

Flickr

A brilliant trio of images, full of atmosphere & hints of mystery.

PS - no I do not need a 75mm Summicron, no I do not need a 75mm Summicron etc etc...  ;)

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A view from Hackpen Hill / Ridgeway ancient long-distance path.  The harvest was in progress - and the crop-circle 'enthusiasts' (I could think of other words...) were out in force Tuesday afternoon.  R5, 60mm Macro Elmarit-R, Acros 100, Rodinal 1:50.

Until viewing this fine photograph I had never considered the possibility of an enterprising farmer gleaning greater revenue from the crop-circle than he/she would have collected from the grain. I can see it now: poorly lettered signs "This way to crop-circle" posted along rural roads.

Best,

Wayne

• Like 2

Hi - I've been away for a long time.  Taken with the M4 and Summitar (1948) while trekking the Pennine Way in 2015.  I forget the film type.

At Hawes in Wensleydale - mud all cleaned off, sunny day:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 15

Yes very nice picture with oats well reproduced by film

The grey shade in this picture is amazing. Great camera and lens

Thank you

Best

Heny

• Like 1

Hi - I've been away for a long time.  Taken with the M4 and Summitar (1948) while trekking the Pennine Way in 2015.  I forget the film type.

Wow great and lovely portrait and nice framing Dan

I think it's Kodak perhaps Portra :) or Ektar 

Thank you and glad see you back

Best

Henry

Very cool composition Phil. The road repair equivalent of a crime scene chalk line.

p2439275387-5.jpg

boston, ma 2017

m6ttl, 135mm elmar, tri-x

Excellent natural-looking portrait Dan. The Summitar is a very nice lens.

br

Philip

• Like 2

Some more darkish Stockholm stuff, again 5222 at EI800 in HC-110(H).

Come to think of it, I believe I shot most of these with my 75 Summicron, which is a bloody amazing lens. But it is one of my least used lenses so I've put it up for sale in the classifieds, calibrated just this week and with Leica 6-bit coding added, hint hint.

35790167400_6de235df45_b.jpg

Flickr

35375648003_57fd53465d_b.jpg

Flickr

36179556865_d1d46a8eaf_b.jpg

Flickr

Yes Philip also great pictures here , specially picture 2 like in a film noir . I think it's always TX ?

Thank you

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 1

Thanks for the kind words Henry.  I shoot a heck of a lot of theatre work with the D810 and D600.  Love it, but it's tiring.  I keep telling my photographic friends that there is something about the rendition of film, and that it is so relaxing and satisfying.  Occasionally I force myself to take the M4 along, and I should do it more often - the images always appeal to me.

This is something quite different.  Some years ago I acquired a 1932 Elmar 50mm Nickel - from a Canadian chap I think - it had been recently serviced by a German expert, the file and invoice is here somewhere, but what the heck, it's the shot that counts.  This was taken at Kirra beach on the Gold Coast, with that lens on a IIIf purchased from Youxin Ye.

• Like 19

p2439275387-5.jpg

boston, ma 2017

m6ttl, 135mm elmar, tri-x

I like the shot. It was not until I thought about the focal length that I became absorbed in the accuracy. I am impressed. Contractors to follow?

Thanks,

Wayne

Edited by Wayne
  • Like 2

Thanks for the kind words Henry.  I shoot a heck of a lot of theatre work with the D810 and D600.  Love it, but it's tiring.  I keep telling my photographic friends that there is something about the rendition of film, and that it is so relaxing and satisfying.  Occasionally I force myself to take the M4 along, and I should do it more often - the images always appeal to me.

This is something quite different.  Some years ago I acquired a 1932 Elmar 50mm Nickel - from a Canadian chap I think - it had been recently serviced by a German expert, the file and invoice is here somewhere, but what the heck, it's the shot that counts.  This was taken at Kirra beach on the Gold Coast, with that lens on a IIIf purchased from Youxin Ye.

attachicon.gifKirra beach.jpg

Wonderful colors! Would like to swap this place with my work space right now :)

• Like 2

Henry - I found the film strip with that shot of my wife on the bridge at Hawes in Wensleydale - on the side is printed: Fuji s 400

Maybe a cheap roll of Fuji Superia?

So as you demonstrated here Fuji is not so far of Kodak :)

Thank you Dan. 

Henry

• Like 1

A little ballad in a hot place Pigalle of Paris ....

exclusively in b&w , because of cloudy and rainy day

Only few images in color

Kodak TX400-Leica MP (a great camera)

Summicron 35 Asph (also a great lens)

Many bus coming from North Europa and East Europa  :)

Great choice in sex shops :)

Sex toys....

and in the middle , one little boy waiting for his toboggan :)

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 17