I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

So sorry to hear about that, Phil.  It must be a real heart-break for your family.  

Thanks, Gary. :)

Thanks, Henry.  I don't know what I think about this roll of Pro 400H.  It is ok but frankly not as nice as I am used to with this film.

Thanks, Steve.  Yes I schlepped it all to Brooklyn but for the purpose of photographing the Coney Art Walls exhibit.  http://www.coneyartwalls.com  I had some spare time afterward and more film to burn so I went out amongst the folk on the boardwalk for a while...

Ty you for the mazel too. Did u schlepp all that put to Brooklyn?

And a great shot BTW, amazing they let you get that close to get the shot you did ......

• Like 1

Steps leading up to the National Media Museum - Bradford, West Yorkshire UK.

Leica R8 with 21mm Super Angulon lens.

Kodak TRI-X developed in D76 stock.

What a feast of gray tones! Wonderful.

D-76 was my standard way back when, but for my recent film reboot I settled on HC-110. You make me want to give D-76 a go.

John 

Edited by johnwolf
  • Like 1

Keith, my man, I think I have a new fav from you.  Wow, killer photograph :)

First two results from yesterday afternoon's brief outing with 'new' R5, 35mm Elmarit-R III and 60mm Elmarit-R Macro lenses.  Acros 100 + Rodinal 1:50.

Hackpen Hill & White Horse  (35mm Elmarit)

Unfinished Business (60mm)

35341243324_d960fb6130_b.jpg

Cool!  

I am proud to see some pictures of "I like film" in this thread "Best Leica Forum Images"

You can see Chrsitoph, Adam, Ray ... :)

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/275069-best-leica-forum-images-july-27th/?utm_source=170726en&utm_medium=E-Mail

Congrats to our contributors

Henry

Great photo, Henry.  Really like this one.

For Gary as promised new scan

Film the pleasure to photograph !

Leica M7-Apo Summicron 90 Asph-Kodak Portra 160

Tripod. Nikon Coolscan 5000

Poppies in wheat fields

June 2017

attachicon.gifImage1popkp16m7apocron90cfwblfht++++-1000.jpg

Best

Henry

Love them, Philip, especially the first.  Thanks for sharing...

A bit of Stockholm noir from a few winters back, probably shot with one of my 50mm lenses (Double-X in HC-110(H)).

35790256740_56f43b50c6_b.jpg

Flickr

36047187291_6a5d6ca895_b.jpg

Flickr

Beautiful, Chris.

F6, 105/2.8, Superia 400, Unicolor presskit, X1 scan:

36013402692_a212ebf4b6_c.jpg

Cosmos and Bee by chrism229, on Flickr

!!

Congrats to Adam and some others for being featured in the latest forum newsletter within the section for the most popular pictures. I see with joy, that so many pictures from this thread made it to this list :)

Thanks, Steve.  :)

And a great shot BTW, amazing they let you get that close to get the shot you did ......

• Like 5

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I scanned today some old Velvia 50 slides from 2012, shot with a Zeiss Ikon and various Zeiss lenses (didn't keep a record).

Fishing port, Byblos, Lebanon.

35347059874_0e1011b5bb_o.jpgZeiss Ikon-Velvia 50 by edward karaa, on Flickr

36016031692_5f2a04db52_o.jpgZeiss Ikon-Velvia 50 by edward karaa, on Flickr

• Like 15

Steps leading up to the National Media Museum - Bradford, West Yorkshire UK.

Leica R8 with 21mm Super Angulon lens.

Kodak TRI-X developed in D76 stock.

Paul , wonderful grain , black and grey tone , contrast 

Nice composition

Paul , I develop like you TX in pure D76

Thank you for posting

Henry

• Like 1

From where Bill Brandt stood with his Rolleiflex in 1944 and made his image "Catch Points" from his photo essay "Hail Hell and Halifax" for Lillyput Magazine

The railway has now gone but the bridge over the trackbed is still there. The site of Halifax North Bridge Station is now a car park and a Sainsbury's supermarket.

The old mills still stand but no longer make carpets. The Halifax Courier newspaper moved from it's central town location and now occupies the old fire station building in the centre of the complex. This is where my daughter worked and three years ago was given her break into local journalism.

For those who follow such things the UK Conservative Party Launched it's manifesto for the 2017 Election just off this picture.

Leica M4P with 21mm SEM  Kodak TRI-X  D76 stock.

Great atmosphere in this picture .

Superb black not "blocked" , not inhomogeneous as you find in digital

Thank you

Rg

Henry

• Like 1

Bekaa valley as seen from Mount Lebanon.

35347070344_3224f2aaa5_o.jpgZeiss Ikon-Velvia 50 by edward karaa, on Flickr

A wheel puncture gave me this photo opportunity while my brother was changing the tire :)

36016034652_01510f66b5_o.jpgZeiss Ikon-Velvia 50 by edward karaa, on Flickr

Great sunset and great color Edward

Nice landscape from above

Thank you

Henry

• Like 3

Still life with fruits, bottle and painting, March 2017. Rolleiflex C, Planar 3:5, Kodak Tri-X .

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 16

From where Bill Brandt stood with his Rolleiflex in 1944 and made his image "Catch Points" from his photo essay "Hail Hell and Halifax" for Lillyput Magazine

The railway has now gone but the bridge over the trackbed is still there. The site of Halifax North Bridge Station is now a car park and a Sainsbury's supermarket.

The old mills still stand but no longer make carpets. The Halifax Courier newspaper moved from it's central town location and now occupies the old fire station building in the centre of the complex. This is where my daughter worked and three years ago was given her break into local journalism.

For those who follow such things the UK Conservative Party Launched it's manifesto for the 2017 Election just off this picture.

Leica M4P with 21mm SEM  Kodak TRI-X  D76 stock.

Paul, I know your work from the b/w Image thread  and I really love your work. You make a very good job!!

Chapeau ..

Best

Gregor

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear this. My sympathies for a tough time and difficult loss.

Few things bring me the sorrow I feel when such a companion passes, for anybody. When my Sally went on, I resolved to see all dogs as being "my dog." They seem to respond to it well.

Best regards,

wayne

Thank you sincerely, Michael and Wayne. I suppose as you move forward you remember the fun times, and that's the way I hope it'll be from now on.

• Like 5