I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Our little dog Milo passed away today. She loved the beach and I dedicate this to her:

p2437403325-5.jpg

koonya 2017

M2, 35mm summaron, adox silvermax 100

So sorry to hear about Milo, stray cat. I know how tough it is. We just went through it a few months ago and still feel the pain.

• Like 1

So sorry to hear about that, Phil.  It must be a real heart-break for your family.  

Our little dog Milo passed away today. She loved the beach and I dedicate this to her:

p2437403325-5.jpg

koonya 2017

Thanks, Gary. :)

WOW, very very nice.

Awesome shot.

Gary

Thanks, Henry.  I don't know what I think about this roll of Pro 400H.  It is ok but frankly not as nice as I am used to with this film.

That's what a frozen time just to photograph the lady at left :)

Nice color . Adam Fuji Pro 400 seems a little clear here , in comparison when you use your M ?

Am I right ?

Thanks for posting

Henry

Thanks, Steve.  Yes I schlepped it all to Brooklyn but for the purpose of photographing the Coney Art Walls exhibit.  http://www.coneyartwalls.com  I had some spare time afterward and more film to burn so I went out amongst the folk on the boardwalk for a while...

Ty you for the mazel too. Did u schlepp all that put to Brooklyn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Additions to my analogue armoury arrived yesterday (yes, I have a very understanding/tolerant wife!).  Shot a test roll of Acros 100 in the afternoon (interior close-up shots and Ridgeway landscapes). Negs are hanging in the shower...

'Q' photo.

OK what's all the fuss with Leica SLRs?  :p  Educate me. I saw an R4 for sale recently and it was way less than I expected cost-wise. Then I looked on Ebay and the store selling it was basically double the price from the Ebay listing   :o  So, what I'm saying is they are quite reasonable compared to M cameras. I am intrigued though, but I already have plenty of SLR cameras, just no Leica ones.

Edited by gnuyork

So sorry to hear about that, Phil.  It must be a real heart-break for your family.  

Thanks a lot Adam. It's been a bit of a down day, for sure. The friendship and support and good vibe here help a lot though. Hope your upcoming trip to Israel goes really well - and look forward to seeing some pictures coming through from there.

• Like 1

OK what's all the fuss with Leica SLRs? :p Educate me. I saw an R4 for sale recently and it was way less than I expected cost-wise. Then I looked on Ebay and the store selling it was basically double the price from the Ebay listing :o So, what I'm saying is they are quite reasonable compared to M cameras. I am intrigued though, but I already have plenty of SLR cameras, just no Leica ones.

I've only used an R6 and it's very nice, easy to use, but with the sloppy feel of an SLR.

The lenses are the thing, super ergonomics and cut from the same cloth as the M ones.

The cost is definitely not always the best but relative to M equipment it looks better. There's a great lens at just about every focal length.

Their only failing for me is the 6 bladed apertures, otherwise I like them even a little more than the M equivalents.

• Like 1

p2437403325-5.jpg

koonya 2017

Few things bring me the sorrow I feel when such a companion passes, for anybody. When my Sally went on, I resolved to see all dogs as being "my dog." They seem to respond to it well.

Best regards,

wayne

Edited by Wayne
  • Like 4

First two results from yesterday afternoon's brief outing with 'new' R5, 35mm Elmarit-R III and 60mm Elmarit-R Macro lenses.  Acros 100 + Rodinal 1:50.

Hackpen Hill & White Horse  (35mm Elmarit)

35341242194_a222be0581_b.jpg

Unfinished Business (60mm)

35341243324_d960fb6130_b.jpg

Keith great pictures with your R5

Beautiful landscapes and black-grey and white tones

Bravo

Henry

• Like 2

I am proud to see some pictures of "I like film" in this thread "Best Leica Forum Images"

You can see Chrsitoph, Adam, Ray ... :)

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/275069-best-leica-forum-images-july-27th/?utm_source=170726en&utm_medium=E-Mail

Congrats to our contributors

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 7

For Gary as promised new scan

Film the pleasure to photograph !

Leica M7-Apo Summicron 90 Asph-Kodak Portra 160

Tripod. Nikon Coolscan 5000

Poppies in wheat fields

June 2017

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Best

Henry

• Like 11

and with old Leicaflex SL :)

Poppies in wheat fields (2)

June 2017

Macrophoto , uncropped

Leicaflex SL-Summicron 50-Elpro VI-Tripod - Kodak Portra 160

Best

Henry

• Like 11

Leica M7 & 35mm F3.5 Summaron - Ilford Delta400 & yellow/green filter

• Like 15