I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The progress in this thread is awesome. Aside from a lot of useful information regarding films and equipment it is a pure joy to see the world through the eyes (and lenses) of so many people. I hope you don`t mind adding a different note by publicizing my rather run-off-the-mill shots, mostly done on expired film and, lately more often with non-Leica cams. Here comes another shot on Kodak 200:

attachicon.gifBild-1-72.jpg

Rollei Prego micron

Nice and lovely portrait James . Well done.

Best

Henry

• Like 2

Walk along the river Wye Derbyshire, Fuji Gw690 III, Foma 400

042-XL.jpg

Same Camera, almost same scenery, but in Germany a the river Amper :-)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11

Klaus I like the two big wheels on each side of the lens

Best

Henry

Beside the lack of a rangefinder, the Rollei 35 is a underrated gem. Superb optics, reliable mechanics. It was the smallest 35mm camera when introduced in 1966.

Heinz Waaske, the contsructor of the camera, also negotiated with Leica to build the camera, but was rejected. A mistake, it turned to be a bestseller for more than a decade.

• Like 7

Beside the lack of a rangefinder, the Rollei 35 is a underrated gem. Superb optics, reliable mechanics. It was the smallest 35mm camera when introduced in 1966.

Heinz Waaske, the contsructor of the camera, also negotiated with Leica to build the camera, but was rejected. A mistake, it turned to be a bestseller for more than a decade.

I have a 35B and have had lovely sharp photos from what is the inferior one of the bunch

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Untitled 1. Low resolution scan from T-Max 400 ASA.

Paul

Edited by atournas
  • Like 14

Untitled 2. Low resolution scan from T-Max 400 ASA.

Paul

Edited by atournas
  • Like 13

Untitled 1. Low resolution scan from T-Max 400 ASA.

Paul

attachicon.gifR1-06735-0001b copy.jpg

Untitled 2. Low resolution scan from T-Max 400 ASA.

Paul

attachicon.gifR1-06736-0006b copy.jpg

I begin to use TMax100 (during my last mission trip) and I begin to love this film

Black is very nice and picture is soft but also sharp

Thanks Paul. Both pictures are nice !

Best

Henry

• Like 2

I've been traveling a bit, first to New Mexico to ride motorcycles, then St. Louis to visit a very seriously ill friend, and back to Florida.  I did get to shoot a roll of film though, I will post a few after I develop it.  Until then, one from a few years back.  501C, Tri-X rated at 200, Rodinal 50:1, Canon flatbed scan.  

Very nice picture.

TriX400  rated at 200  gives also a nice rendering

Thanks for sharing.

Best

Henry

• Like 1

Philip I am like you :)  Sometimes I like to use a tele 90 for street photos with the light MacroElmar 90

like here in Hoi An. Effect of assured surprise and with a discreet camera like a  M...

attachicon.gifImage412mùmacroelma90lfht+++550.jpg

Best

Henry

Henry

This a beautiful photograph, and I don't say that easily - the relaxed pose of the couple, their dress, the lighting and your presentation

Merci

Charles

• Like 1

Look, he is taking a photograph ...

Leica MP - 35mm Summicron - Ilford HP5

• Like 11

I begin to use TMax100 (during my last mission trip) and I begin to love this film

Black is very nice and picture is soft but also sharp

Thanks Paul. Both pictures are nice !

Best

Henry

Thanks, Henry. I use T-Max 400 whenever I shoot handheld; these Hasselblads are heavy! I prefer TMY against other 400 ASA films, because going to 800 needs no different processing time.

Paul

Edited by atournas
  • Like 2

You guys are hilarious :) Actually all this does help with the decision-making because I'm probably going to get both an SWC and a 50mm. After all, they're different focal lengths.

These won't be helping poor Philip with his decision making. I have also behind the scenes given him something to consider, a used SWC on the market. I LOVE spending someone else's money.

Gary

I really like this one. I'm a big fan of this kind of framing.

I've been traveling a bit, first to New Mexico to ride motorcycles, then St. Louis to visit a very seriously ill friend, and back to Florida.  I did get to shoot a roll of film though, I will post a few after I develop it.  Until then, one from a few years back.  501C, Tri-X rated at 200, Rodinal 50:1, Canon flatbed scan.  

• Like 6

You guys are hilarious :) Actually all this does help with the decision-making because I'm probably going to get both an SWC and a 50mm. After all, they're different focal lengths.

Awesome, good choice.

Get the SWC first, you may not decide to go any further.

The one I suggested?

Gary

• Like 4

Henry

This a beautiful photograph, and I don't say that easily - the relaxed pose of the couple, their dress, the lighting and your presentation

Merci

Charles

Charles ,thank you for your comment . :)

When I said "surprise effect", I meant that people change and sometimes have a different attitude

when they know that you take them in picture .

Personally , I like a "natural"  smile without outside influence.

This is exactly what I wanted in this photo, and then the discreet 90 Macro Elmar tele is useful for me

and that you confirm me in your comment. I have the couple in my viewfinder (optical and mechanical)

for a while, I await the right moment to press the shutter button ! in this scene I have only one photo, not more.

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 3