I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thank you Henry. It was honestly difficult to miss her :)

I use my 90 quite a bit. It and 50mm are my main focal lengths. 90mm is a sweet spot focal length-wise for me because it lets me single out details, get closer but not too close or even shoot portraits easily. It's like having several lenses in one (this is why I didn't get on with 75mm; that felt neither here nor there somehow). I do find it a bit difficult to focus occasionally though so I tend to use it at f4 and up.

Philip well seen :)

Black dress in the middle of beige stone color.

I notice you often use a tele 90mm. The definition is remarkable.

Thanks for posting

Best

Henry

• Like 2

:D I knew I would be among friends. I look forward to those shots, Adam. Will be very interesting.

I believe all 40mm, from the C through CF FLE to CFE FLE and CFE IF FLE have 0,5m. Due to focus shift the C lens isn't recommended to use at closer than 0,9m though.

Unfortunately (for me) the widest F/FE lens is 50mm, but those lenses focus to 0,32m (the C series 50mm lenses "only" focus to 0,5m).

But the 40mm lenses are heavy. The C weighs in at 1300g, the CF at 900g and the other two at 890g and 1100g.

That's my boy, let's it all out :)  There is no better therapy :)

I would just ask you to stay tuned a bit until I get to the part of my Israel series involving wildlife, which hopefully will illustrate the nifty close range possibilities that the camera offers.  12 inches is pretty close for a super wide angle.  Do you know how close the Hassy 40mm focuses?

• Like 1

Thank you Henry. It was honestly difficult to miss her :)

I use my 90 quite a bit. It and 50mm are my main focal lengths. 90mm is a sweet spot focal length-wise for me because it lets me single out details, get closer but not too close or even shoot portraits easily. It's like having several lenses in one (this is why I didn't get on with 75mm; that felt neither here nor there somehow). I do find it a bit difficult to focus occasionally though so I tend to use it at f4 and up.

Philip I am like you :)  Sometimes I like to use a tele 90 for street photos with the light MacroElmar 90

like here in Hoi An. Effect of assured surprise and with a discreet camera like a  M...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 9

More red

Fuji Velvia 50

M7-90 ME

Incense sticks

Best

Henry

• Like 13

Gentleman...thanks for all the kind words.  I was quite happy with the way TMAX rendered the fine details, along with the matte finish of the copter.    

Marc the definition is outstanding and the black and grey tone superb

Really nice

Best

Henry

Great!

Excellent, Marc! I particularly like the first two - Thanks.

I agree with Eoin, very good shots Marc.

All you SWC fanatics probably already know about this thread, but just in case you don't:

RFF | Hasselblad SWC is cool

• Like 1

Gentleman...thanks for all the kind words.  I was quite happy with the way TMAX rendered the fine details, along with the matte finish of the copter.    

Tmax400 and D76 1:1... very good combination. And are you sure, that a Makina 67W AND a SWC is not too much to handle for you?

I would take care of the SWC, totally selflessly ;-)

• Like 1

Just take the plunge Philip :)   If you can get a hold of a Voigtlander low angle finder, it more or less allows you to put the SWC anyplace you can reach or fit it to take the shot... add in the ground glass and corresponding viewfinder, the SWC  literally becomes a super wide Swiss Army Knife.  

Philip!  Perusing the SWC threads, are you?  Might you be developing a slight...itch?  Come on, don't be shy? :)  I hadn't been familiar with the thread before you just mentioned it.  It is nice, and I noticed that our friend Chris (chrism) has dabbled and dazzled a bit there.  I prefer this one thread for my own sharing purposes. 

It is indeed a fine camera. 

Thanks for sharing the link...

Weeell ok since I'm already on the couch  :). I've been thinking about a wider lens for the Hasselblad and looked at 50mm options because they are small and light, but I'm not sure that would be wide enough. The 40mm lenses are quite large and heavy (and the 30mm positively unwieldy) so I've let my thoughts wander in the direction of one of the SWC models. We shall see...

That's my boy, let's it all out :)  There is no better therapy :)

I would just ask you to stay tuned a bit until I get to the part of my Israel series involving wildlife, which hopefully will illustrate the nifty close range possibilities that the camera offers.  12 inches is pretty close for a super wide angle.  Do you know how close the Hassy 40mm focuses?

• Like 3

Leica R7, Summicron R 2/50 (sold both, meanwhile), Fuji/AGFA- Slidefilm

I took this picture while changing the film in my SE on the roof of the dome of Milano

• Like 11

Thanks Klaus...at first I wasn't too sure if I needed to use the specific TMAX developer and later read that some had satisfactory results with D76. Given that I wanted to shoot TMAX and only had D76, I gave it a try.  I agree, I really like the grain this combination produces! 

The 67W was getting a lot of play recently, mainly due to me shooting more uncontrolled scenarios.  I finally had a few hours to spend with my SWC this weekend, under a much more controlled setting.  If you are ever in the States for a period of time, we should meet up and I'd happily lend you my SWC for a few days.

Tmax400 and D76 1:1... very good combination. And are you sure, that a Makina 67W AND a SWC is not too much to handle for you?

I would take care of the SWC, totally selflessly ;-)

A night shot of a bridge in Lyon. I like the helos around the street lights.

MP, 28, FP4, ns

Rgds

Christoph

• Like 14

SWC/M + Voigtlander Low Angle Finder  

TMAX400  D76 1:1 @20C

Nikon LS-9000

I took these at a Veteran's Memorial near my house.  The backdrop was not great;  a lot of telephone poles, wires and fences to work around.  It was still fun shooting the SWC hand held.

29955544685_facd9350bb_b.jpg2016-09-25-0001 by Marc Tauber, on Flickr

29329365753_00d55eab1e_b.jpg2016-09-25-0004 by Marc Tauber, on Flickr

29955500045_e712239dc2_b.jpg2016-09-25-0008 by Marc Tauber, on Flickr

29328434084_2d03732266_b.jpg2016-09-25-0010 by Marc Tauber, on Flickr

It's a bit over the top going shopping in that i hope you didn't take up too many car spaces

• Like 2

The progress in this thread is awesome. Aside from a lot of useful information regarding films and equipment it is a pure joy to see the world through the eyes (and lenses) of so many people. I hope you don`t mind adding a different note by publicizing my rather run-off-the-mill shots, mostly done on expired film and, lately more often with non-Leica cams. Here comes another shot on Kodak 200:

Rollei Prego micron

• Like 9