I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

A few more

Budva | Flickr

A bit of luck with this one, as I shot it on Superia 400 at EI100 while walking using a fairly wide aperture on the 50/1.4A and one of the faster speeds.

Buza, Dubrovnik | Flickr

Buza is a bar in Dubrovnik which is perched on a few cliffs outside the city walls towards the water. Today it's unpleasantly full of tourists but 15 years ago when I went the first time it was very different, a bit more like the mood of this photo. Velvia 100 with the 50 Summilux.

Perast | Flickr

This is Cunard's Queen Victoria leaving the Kotor Bay, also 50/1.4A on Superia 400 at EI100.

The middle one is special, Philip - I love it.

• Like 1

A couple more from the test roll for the new-to-me 35 Summilux pre-asph.  Both Manhattan --  M6, 35 summilux pre-asph, Tri-X, HC-110 (1:63).

Untitled by Kevin, on Flickr

$4.99 by kevin, on Flickr

I must say that I really like the slower transition from in-focus to out-of-focus with this lens.  It imparts a roundness to objects that I really appreciate.  Shame that f/1.4 is like shooting through vaseline, but everything has its downside I suppose.   :D

Nice work, Kevin. Good to see you enjoying the 35mm Summilux. I really enjoy mine - It's my most used lens these days.

• Like 1

Well, it certainly goes a bit quiet without the Chief here, I hope SE Asia is being kind to him.

I've been shooting the Hellebores in the garden, with both film, and the T, using the same lens though. Not sure which I prefer, but I do know which is easier.

R8

35mm Summicron R

Kodak Gold 200.

Plusteck 8100

Gary

These are excellent, Gary. Early Spring?

• Like 1

Looks like a very good lenses, do you have the 85mm f1. 4 that beats most modern Canon and Nikon 85mm

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I don't have an 85mm K-mount (but I do have two Nikon 85's, Nikkor-H Auto 1.8 and 1.4AF-D). I really wanted to keep a functioning manual Pentax around as I like the 150/3.5 for tightly cropped portraits.

One thing my little fling with my old manual SLR's has taught me is that I really find the M2 easier to focus now with older eyes. Whatever I use, I need glasses (or my rotating Walther lens on the M2), but microprisms just keep on shimmering these days however the focus is set! The split-image centre of the FM3a is quite usable, though.

Chris

Edited by chrism
  • Like 3

One thing my little fling with my old manual SLR's has taught me is that I really find the M2 easier to focus now with older eyes. Whatever I use, I need glasses (or my rotating Walther lens on the M2), but microprisms just keep on shimmering these days however the focus is set! The split-image centre of the FM3a is quite usable, though.

Chris

I have been using the R8 lately and really enjoyed the focusing (and more so the feaming). I'm going to shoot the next roll with the M6, so will see if your situation parallels mine.

Gary

• Like 1

Another Low- Budget- Example:

Porst CT-L with a Porst Color- Reflex 1.7/50, M42 Screw- Mount, Fuji 200

The Porst was made by Cosina around 1975 and sold by the Photo-Porst- stores as a budget- camera

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 9

Giuliana; M3 + 50/1.4asph + Tri-X

• Like 18

Sometimes innocent things take on spookie shapes...

Rollei35T, Eagle640@200

Rgds

C.

• Like 17