I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Leica M2 & 35mm Summicron - Agfa Precisa.

Gairloch west coast of Scotland.

• Like 17

M-A APO-Summicron-M LHSA Rollei Redbird

• Like 14

Thanks, Ramesh.  :)

Love the timing of the shot - the "walk sign" a nice counterpoint to the subject walking on the other direction.

Regards,

Ramesh

Very lovely, Chris.  What film and gear.  I am guessing your nikon and fuji superia of some kind....

Johnny Jump Up by chrism229, on Flickr

very nicely exposed, Edward.  Impressed with the blues in the sky and golden hues in the building.  Very nice.

Same as above.

M7 ZM 35/1.4 Kodak Gold 200 by edward karaa, on Flickr

Wow, this is scary.  Your dog look EXACTLY like mine, which is a Yorke-poodle (Yorkiepoo).  Is that the breed of yours?  Really love the red in the chair, by the way....

M3 75mm Lux Portra 400 

attachicon.gifSad Pooch.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, this is scary.  Your dog look EXACTLY like mine, which is a Yorke-poodle (Yorkiepoo).  Is that the breed of yours?  Really love the red in the chair, by the way....

Cockapoo (Cocker Spaniel - Poodle Cross) - seems a lot of these new cross breeds end up looking similar.  My goodness - you were busy, be good to see some of your shots from the day.

Edited by Boojay

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It was a fun day in New York City with the LGBT PRIDE parade.  I couldn't decide on which film to take - and not wanting to disappoint Rog - so I took THREE cameras!  It will take a while for the rash to heal on my neck from yanking and pulling the camera straps from each camera in shooting position.  9 rolls total - 4 portra 400, 2 Adox Color Implosion, 1 Ektar and 1 Portra 160.  And my M-A/50 lux, M3/28 elmarit and IIIg/50 elmar.  

I am one tired supporter.... :)  There is a sense of care-free acceptance and free-loving spirit that I love about these parades.  It doesn't matter who you are or what you look like - as long as you don't support Trump (or at least don't disclose that you do  ;))!

And as he emerges from the underground, we know he's all business behind that smile, his eyes blinking instinctive F-stops, Leica artillery loaded M3 ADOX, M-A Portra, and IIIg with Ektar for starters. Real men wear Polo in pink, he knows as he bobs and weaves with that reassuring look: "Lookin' at me? You lookin' at me? I'm lovin' it! So, you don't wanna look at me? Okay, I got you at your best! Show me some color. Give me an ADOX grin. Gimme a little 'tude! I got color here. I'm lovin' it!" Awesome, he's working the street. He's got the light and it's working for him. He doesn't need ear buds pumping the soundtrack of The Birdcage into his brain, he's got his own rhythm--Leica rhythm, Leica that!

Just like Starbucks and over-caffeination, there's no such thing as too much ADOX. Take it with a little Portra on the side! Can't wait for the dailies, Maestro.

• Like 5

It was a fun day in New York City with the LGBT PRIDE parade.  I couldn't decide on which film to take - and not wanting to disappoint Rog - so I took THREE cameras!  It will take a while for the rash to heal on my neck from yanking and pulling the camera straps from each camera in shooting position.  9 rolls total - 4 portra 400, 2 Adox Color Implosion, 1 Ektar and 1 Portra 160.  And my M-A/50 lux, M3/28 elmarit and IIIg/50 elmar.  

I am one tired supporter.... :)  There is a sense of care-free acceptance and free-loving spirit that I love about these parades.  It doesn't matter who you are or what you look like - as long as you don't support Trump (or at least don't disclose that you do  ;))! 

Hey! Ease up on using that Color Implosion, you promised me a roll next time I visit.  :p

Can't wait to see your photos from today!

• Like 1

I spent the day developing 11 slide films taken over the last couple of months, here are a couple from London.

Olympus XA2, Fuji Velvia 50.

• Like 18

The second, same film and camera, just around the corner.

• Like 18

:) :)  It was a lot of fun.  But it was dizzying keeping up with manual exposure for three different film speeds and with clouds breaking and then covering the sun constantly throughout the day.  There will be some interesting exposure results, that's for sure!  :o

And as he emerges from the underground, we know he's all business behind that smile, his eyes blinking instinctive F-stops, Leica artillery loaded M3 ADOX, M-A Portra, and IIIg with Ektar for starters. Real men wear Polo in pink, he knows as he bobs and weaves with that reassuring look: "Lookin' at me? You lookin' at me? I'm lovin' it! So, you don't wanna look at me? Okay, I got you at your best! Show me some color. Give me an ADOX grin. Gimme a little 'tude! I got color here. I'm lovin' it!" Awesome, he's working the street. He's got the light and it's working for him. He doesn't need ear buds pumping the soundtrack of The Birdcage into his brain, he's got his own rhythm--Leica rhythm, Leica that!

Just like Starbucks and over-caffeination, there's no such thing as too much ADOX. Take it with a little Portra on the side! Can't wait for the dailies, Maestro.

Don't worry, Mike - I have a few dozen rolls left yet :)

Hey! Ease up on using that Color Implosion, you promised me a roll next time I visit.  :p

Can't wait to see your photos from today!

• Like 1

Thank you Philip and Adam for your comments!

Adam, I’m really looking forward to seeing your results. That must have been quite a chore to carry all three the whole day.

Mike, love the unmistakable colors and contrast of Velvia. Fuji stopped the production so it’s amatter of time before the stocks run out.

Boojay, I agree with Adam, lovely portrait and the red of the chair is quite nice.

Philip, it’s amazing you could handhold the camera in such low light, with a macro lens, but I really like the shallow dof and the oof light discs.

• Like 3

Just married.

• Like 18

High Voltage

M-A APO-Summicron-M LHSA Rollei Redbird

• Like 14

Blue skies too, when did you last see that in 'Blighty?

11 rolls though, serious waiting, something I find difficult.

Gary

With high pressure in charge: all this week. But you'll need to be quick, I'm sure 'normal' service will be resumed all too soon. Living under the jet-stream is just great, where IFR is a necessity not a luxury!
  • Like 1