I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Great to hear of someone who got his RF645 fixed. I searched internationally for someone to work on mine, sadly with no luck. Could I ask who did the repair? I used to be a Hasselblad "snob" until I got the Bronica RF645 – what a wonderful camera.

My GS645S sat in a box for a couple of years until I found this place http://camerarepairworkshop.co.uk.  Not sure if they do Bronica but it may be worth a phone call or email.  Very reasonably priced as well  :) 

Hope that's helpful

Edited by Bobitybob
  • Like 1

Gramps. Made me think about how fleeting, time.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Riga Minox, Tmax-100

• Like 16

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Rural Road Photography

Minox Riga, Tmax-100

• Like 13

Thank you Rog, I'm very happy you like the shots. Yes it's an unusual and very unpredictable film and pretty useless for anything but weird artistic expression. But for that it's really good though :) I'll shoot a few rolls and develop in E6 to see the result. Problem with such an out-of-date film is figuring out the exposure. 

Best

Philip

Exploding grain and muted palette, very understated! I am imagining something taken from the time capsule at Chernobyl. All right, I just bought the only two rolls offered here on eBay, without buying 100' of it, so this stock is pushing the RARITY meter into the red range with ADOX. Got my vintage goggles on and can't wait for a test flight, contact, Forward to the Past, Again. Thanks for thinking outside the box. 

Rog

Great title, exactly what I felt when I saw your photo.

holiday feelings

28057223550_e3d1ee0ed2_b.jpg

leica mp | canon dreamlens f0,95 50mm | trix d76

This is a nice photo and what wonderful light in Värmland. 

One of the islands I camped on after another day's paddling during a 10-day self supported canoe trek through Varmland in Sweden.

Aluminium canoes were originally made by the Grumman Aircraft Co. when they were looking for ways to use up stocks of aircraft alloy after WW2. Some paddlers make fun of Grumman/Inkas canoes, but many people, including me, think they are a great wilderness trekking canoe. Tough as old boots and very seaworthy, I was caught in a howling blizzard crossing Stora Gla a couple of days after making this image. 7 kilometres of hard paddling straight into the teeth of the storm with big, breaking swells. The boat was impeccable!

Fuji Superia 400
Canon Sureshot A-1 35mm fixed lens waterproof camera

Edited by philipus
  • Like 2

Goodness JM, some obscure, out of the way places you have posted recently. Especially the Valle de la luna.

Usually I have to have a quick peek on Google Maps to see where the heck you are, LOL.

Gary

Indeed Gary,

just back from Chile and the Valle de la Luna near San Pedro de Atacama has been a brilliant discovery, unfortunately I just had little time off work and only spent a couple of hours there when I wish I had a couple of days to treck its numerous paths ! 

40903449570_1355f9acb3_b.jpg

Valle de la Luna by JM__, on Flickr

40903449520_5620729954_b.jpg

Valle de la Luna by JM__, on Flickr

Ilford Pan F 50 on M2

Cheers, JM

love the abstract nature of this first one, Jean Marc.

27851902157_9bf9a39c6b_b.jpg

les chaises volantes by JM__, on Flickr

finished the Ilford Pan F 50 roll in Paris (M2 + 35 Summicron v1) 

les chaises volantes by JM__, on Flickr

ha ha LOL; God forbid!! :)

you might consider cataract surgery  :-)!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Indeed Gary,

just back from Chile and the Valle de la Luna near San Pedro de Atacama has been a brilliant discovery, unfortunately I just had little time off work and only spent a couple of hours there when I wish I had a couple of days to treck its numerous paths ! 

Ilford Pan F 50 on M2

Cheers, JM

Initially I wondered if this area was close to one I'd heard about years ago, the Nazca Lines.

I checked and while they are in different areas, they are not that far apart.

Very interesting area. I'd imagine also perfect to point the camera skyward at night too.

Gary

Initially I wondered if this area was close to one I'd heard about years ago, the Nazca Lines.

I checked and while they are in different areas, they are not that far apart.

Very interesting area. I'd imagine also perfect to point the camera skyward at night too.

Gary

Northern Chile hosts a few international space observatory centers .

The local city lights have been recently changed to specific unpoluting 3200K LED lamps to protect space obsevation, as can be spotted in this shot :

41821386425_3a0383744b_b.jpg

en Tocopilla by JM__, on Flickr

Provia 100 - M2 - 35 Summilux

Edited by JMF

Continuing my doggy theme, here are two of my earlier pooches (rescue dogs) shot in 1998.

Hasselblad+ 150mm Sonnar.

Film: Kodak VPH - 2 9029

Two ways of seeing the same thing!

• Like 17