I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Great to hear of someone who got his RF645 fixed. I searched internationally for someone to work on mine, sadly with no luck. Could I ask who did the repair? I used to be a Hasselblad "snob" until I got the Bronica RF645 – what a wonderful camera.

Cadmium Yellow/Thalo Green Diptych

M-A Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4 Portra 400 (top) + Thambar-M f/2.2 CS ND6 ADOX Color Implosion (bottom)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 14

Rocky

Leicaflex SL  50 Cron  Tri-X

attachicon.gifRocky.jpg

Tim, what a fabulous dog!

I am just training my 3rd German Shepherd, called Jupiter. He's just turned two.

You have inspired me to post some of my earlier Shepherd, Merlin, who looked just like your Shepherd, Rocky.

Maybe tomorrow, I will find some film shots and post them. They are just the best dogs. (Owner's of other breeds please don't read this!) :D

• Like 1

Photo with possible historical significance attached to camera and film. Shot yesterday at lunch.

Minox Doc, a bit of an authority on things Minox, includes on his web page a Riga (original stainless steel, made in Latvia) Minox as possibly the latest serial number Riga known to exist. These later Rigas were, generally, assembled, using genuine Riga components, some time after official Riga manufacture ceased. There are cameras advertised as genuine Rigas that include some Riga components but are in some aspects not actual Rigas......Imposters. Those cameras later assembled entirely from actual Riga components are recognized as genuine. As I understand, DAG (Don Goldberg,) himself was an individual involved in assembly of some of these latter, genuine, Rigas.

The camera used in this photograph antedates Minox Doc's latest Riga camera by about 150 in the serial number chain. Close examination of the camera suggests it is genuine Riga in construction. This makes it, possibly, the latest....certainly one of the latest....Riga cameras assembled from parts manufactured in the Latvia facility.

The film used in the photograph was Tri-X contained, and I am pretty sure it was factory loaded, in a metal Minox cassette. Prior to plastic cassettes, Minox used metal. It is my guess that the film and cassette were produced some time in the late 50s. Film was exposed at approximately 50 ISO. It was processed in a 1/100 solution of Rodinal, stand developed for two hours. One inversion at the hour.

Lunch

Minox Riga, Minostigmat, Tri-X

• Like 13

Leica 111f & 50mm Nickel Elmar - Fuji Provia

Ullapool north west Scotland - cars leaving the ferry from Stornaway on the Isle of Lewis

• Like 16

Tim, what a fabulous dog!

I am just training my 3rd German Shepherd, called Jupiter. He's just turned two.

You have inspired me to post some of my earlier Shepherd, Merlin, who looked just like your Shepherd, Rocky.

Maybe tomorrow, I will find some film shots and post them. They are just the best dogs. (Owner's of other breeds please don't read this!) :D

Thanks, Erl.  GSDs are pretty awesome, and he's a sweetheart.  

Would love to see some pix of Merlin!