The Leica Forum uses cookies. Read the privacy statement for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    OK, understood.

Photo
* * * * - 66 votes

I like film...(open thread)

• Please log in to reply
51265 replies to this topic

#50721 Ernest

Ernest

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Premium Member
  • 324 posts
  • LocationLong Beach, CA
  • City / Ort:Long Beach, CA

Posted 30 May 2018 - 19:13

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Terns turning in turn - or, taking a tern for the worse...

p2896285531-5.jpg

Mornington, 2018

M6TTL, 135mm Elmarit-M, Tri-X

You never know what will tern up at the beach but an opportunity to tern on the humor with a tern of the phrase. Jolly good one, Phil.

• stray cat said thank you to this

#50722 Ernest

Ernest

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Premium Member
  • 324 posts
  • LocationLong Beach, CA

Posted 30 May 2018 - 19:21

Hairline crack...

p2896286004-5.jpg

Richmond, 2018

M6TTL, 50mm Canon ltm, Tri-X

More cracking witty humor to get us all cracking with our cameras!

• stray cat and Steve Ricoh said thank you to this

#50723 B.Toews

B.Toews

Benutzer

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • City / Ort:Ontario, Canada

Posted 30 May 2018 - 20:25

M4-P, 50/1.4 ASPH, FP4:

40650875750_a5e6a9f08a_c.jpg

Untitled by Brendan | Toews, on Flickr

40650863810_e324d7a761_c.jpg

• mdachs, Suede, fotomas and 11 others said thank you

#50724 gbealnz

gbealnz

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 3,833 posts
  • City / Ort:Hamilton. NZ

Posted 30 May 2018 - 20:39

M4-P, 50/1.4 ASPH, FP4:

40650875750_a5e6a9f08a_c.jpg

40650863810_e324d7a761_c.jpg

A change of camera, and film Brendan?

The FP4 looks "grittier" than your usual HP5.

Gary

#50725 B.Toews

B.Toews

Benutzer

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 20:47

A change of camera, and film Brendan?

The FP4 looks "grittier" than your usual HP5.

Gary

The M4-P is a bit of a change, I wasn't using it much over the last year but have been out shooting with it quite a bit recently.  I just bought a 100ft roll of FP4, and intend to shoot that as my main film for the summer.  I'm guessing the grit comes from using HC110 instead of my usual D76.

• gbealnz said thank you to this

#50726 gbealnz

gbealnz

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 3,833 posts
  • City / Ort:Hamilton. NZ

Posted 30 May 2018 - 22:02

The M4-P is a bit of a change, I wasn't using it much over the last year but have been out shooting with it quite a bit recently.  I just bought a 100ft roll of FP4, and intend to shoot that as my main film for the summer.  I'm guessing the grit comes from using HC110 instead of my usual D76.

While I seem to have settled (for now) on Delta 100 and R09, it is what I have after all, I did use some FP4+ in R09,and was very impressed with the results. Possibly a tad contrasty looking, and it was M/F through the SWC, but the negs had that wow look about them.

I have some DD-X developer, but have yet to try it, thinking I'll use up all my R09 before switching.

Gary

• B.Toews said thank you to this

#50727 0-Typ

0-Typ

Kalsarikännit

• Premium Member
  • 590 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 22:32

41558969705_3dc8c2f806_b.jpg

Dublin by Roland Lechler, auf Flickr

• Suede, Bobitybob, Prosophos and 8 others said thank you

#50728 B.Toews

B.Toews

Benutzer

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 23:32

While I seem to have settled (for now) on Delta 100 and R09, it is what I have after all, I did use some FP4+ in R09,and was very impressed with the results. Possibly a tad contrasty looking, and it was M/F through the SWC, but the negs had that wow look about them.

I have some DD-X developer, but have yet to try it, thinking I'll use up all my R09 before switching.

Gary

I have only used one bottle of DDX but I was pretty happy with the results that it gave with HP5 and Tri-X.  I'm considering getting a bulk roll of Delta 100 at the end of the summer as it is a film that I don't have much experience with.   I'll probably get another 100ft roll of FP4 at the same time, as I've been very happy with my results especially for landscapes.  Generally I prefer to develop it in D76, but due to being in the middle of moving right now I'm using HC110 for the convenience.

#50729 logan2z

logan2z

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area, CA

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:43

Self Portrait

Leica M-A, Summarit 35mm/2.4 ASPH, Tri-X 400

4617-img008-hr-1024x637.jpg

• mdachs, Suede, fotomas and 14 others said thank you

#50730 stray cat

stray cat

exposed | unexposed

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:44

More cracking witty humor to get us all cracking with our cameras!

Thank you kindly, Ernest. I'm glad if the humour has clicked with the clique here!

• philipus, A miller and Steve Ricoh said thank you to this

Cheers, Phil

philipnwright.com

#50731 A miller

A miller

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Premium Member
  • 10,622 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • City / Ort:New York City

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:49

Terns turning in turn - or, taking a tern for the worse...

p2896285531-5.jpg

Mornington, 2018

M6TTL, 135mm Elmarit-M, Tri-X

Very nice one, Phil.  Love the airy feel and the dialogue going on with the birds :)

• stray cat said thank you to this

#50732 stray cat

stray cat

exposed | unexposed

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:52

Very nice one, Phil.  Love the airy feel and the dialogue going on with the birds :)

Thanks sincerely Adam. How did your show finish up? That could only have been an all-round wonderful experience? To think that X number of lucky people from all over will have one of your sensational prints hanging on their walls - how satisfying must that feel?

• A miller said thank you to this

Cheers, Phil

philipnwright.com

#50733 A miller

A miller

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Premium Member
  • 10,622 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:55

POPULAR

I've been hunting this spot over the past few months just hoping to get that magical painterly sky-fire over this iconic scene.

NYC - Ektar - SWC

Attached File  sky paint.jpg   730.41KB   0 downloads

• S/W, thowi, christoph_d and 31 others said thank you

#50734 mikemgb

mikemgb

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Premium Member
  • 2,674 posts
  • City / Ort:St. Louis

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:01

I've been hunting this spot over the past few months just hoping to get that magical painterly sky-fire over this iconic scene.

NYC - Ektar - SWC

attachicon.gifsky paint.jpg

Stunning!

• A miller and stray cat said thank you to this

"Your life is a story, make it a good one"

#50735 A miller

A miller

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Premium Member
  • 10,622 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:21

Thanks sincerely Adam. How did your show finish up? That could only have been an all-round wonderful experience? To think that X number of lucky people from all over will have one of your sensational prints hanging on their walls - how satisfying must that feel?

Hey Phil - So yes, thanks for asking, my exhibit is sadly coming to an end tomorrow. :(  It was an interesting yet very exhausting experience as I really hustled my ass off.  Over the last 7 weeks I cleared about $18,000 in sales and my giant plexi-mounted and smaller "dye-sublimation" metal pieces ended up in a number of interesting places, including the lobby of an office building on 5th avenue, the office of a CEO of one of the largest private investment firms in the world, a sales office for an in-construction 60+-story luxury condominium right on the water on the Brooklyn side just south of the Brooklyn Bridge, homes on 5th Avenue, to Boston, to California, to London and beyond.   I met a ton of people from all over the world and got some good engagement for the time being.  I'm sure it will fade away, though, if I don't step up my game with a well-thought-out marketing strategy.  I am looking into this very seriously as I think it is supremely important.  

Here are some crappy iPhone pics of a few of my pieces hanging in the soon-to-be-opened (and still under construction) sales office of the "Quay" ultra-luxury residential building along the East River in Brooklyn.  The reason I was there that day was that the owner of the project realized that they loved the pieces so much that they want them bigger, so I am swapping the 25x25s for 40x40s and the 36x45 for a 48x60 (I was there taking measurements to see how big they could be made for the space), and doing the coordination of procurement of Fuji Flex prints from Germany and getting them mounted by my guy in Brooklyn and delivered in about a 10 days in time for the opening of the sales office next week.  

All in all, it was a very satisfying experience, and my big takeaway is that there is really nothing quite like having your work seen in person. :)

Attached File  IMG_4597-1.JPG   155.87KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_4598.JPG   212.73KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_4599-1.JPG   277.29KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_4600.JPG   296.94KB   0 downloads

• christoph_d, stuny, Suede and 13 others said thank you

#50736 A miller

A miller

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Premium Member
  • 10,622 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:22

Stunning!

Thanks, Mike!!!!

#50737 Ernest

Ernest

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Premium Member
  • 324 posts
  • LocationLong Beach, CA

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:23

Hey Phil - So yes, thanks for asking, my exhibit is sadly coming to an end tomorrow. :(  It was an interesting yet very exhausting experience as I really hustled my ass off.  Over the last 7 weeks I cleared about $18,000 in sales and my giant plexi-mounted and smaller "dye-sublimation" metal pieces ended up in a number of interesting places, including the lobby of an office building on 5th avenue, the office of a CEO of one of the largest private investment firms in the world, a sales office for an in-construction 60+-story luxury condominium right on the water on the Brooklyn side just south of the Brooklyn Bridge, homes on 5th Avenue, to Boston, to California, to London and beyond.   I met a ton of people from all over the world and got some good engagement for the time being.  I'm sure it will fade away, though, if I don't step up my game with a well-thought-out marketing strategy.  I am looking into this very seriously as I think it is supremely important.  

Here are some crappy iPhone pics of a few of my pieces hanging in the soon-to-be-opened (and still under construction) sales office of the "Quay" ultra-luxury residential building along the East River in Brooklyn.  The reason I was there that day was that the owner of the project realized that they loved the pieces so much that they want them bigger, so I am swapping the 25x25s for 40x40s and the 36x45 for a 48x60 (I was there taking measurements to see how big they could be made for the space), and doing the coordination of procurement of Fuji Flex prints from Germany and getting them mounted by my guy in Brooklyn and delivered in about a 10 days in time for the opening of the sales office next week.  

All in all, it was a very satisfying experience, and my big takeaway is that there is really nothing quite like having your work seen in person. :)

attachicon.gifIMG_4597-1.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4598.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4599-1.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4600.JPG

Totally electric! So inspiring, it's perspiring.

• A miller, stray cat and Steve Ricoh said thank you to this

#50738 A miller

A miller

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Premium Member
  • 10,622 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:28

Totally electric! So inspiring, it's perspiring.

Thanks, Ernest.  There has been plenty of perspiration, that's for sure! :)

• Ernest said thank you to this

#50739 stray cat

stray cat

exposed | unexposed

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:47

Ernest - you're a poet!

(Even if you didn't know it!).

Thank you so much Adam for that thorough description of your exhibition experience. Congratulations on the sales! Not a bad return, money-wise, but I'm sure the exposure it got you, as well as a few contacts and ideas for further marketing, is worth even more. So glad that you are looking at it as a serious concern. Adam Miller gallery on fifth avenue sounds pretty good...

• A miller, david strachan and Ernest said thank you to this

Cheers, Phil

philipnwright.com

#50740 Ernest

Ernest

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Premium Member
  • 324 posts
  • LocationLong Beach, CA

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:41

Pepto Diptych