I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Whatssamatta with some pictures of Brooklyn once in a while? Not like they rearrange the buildings in Manhattan everyday to change up the view!

Are our spouses, children and significant others any different?!! :)

• Like 1

This is the Churchyard in Montfort, Québec – a tiny village about 100kms north of Montreal. The connected church is now also a community centre. Originally opened up about 125 years ago as a logging village, a religious group built an orphanage here that closed only in the early 1960s.

Around 1915 or so the village grew a little when many Montrealers were looking for summer get-aways in the mountains just north of the city.

There was a railroad that wound its way through the mountains and this village, but it also was taken up in the early 1960s. The old roadbed is now a summer bike path that doubles as a cross-country ski trail in winter.

The village is nicely written up in the French Wikipedia. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Michael Hiles
  • Like 17

@Antonio:

I checked my holder and it is exactly the same you posted above. Will check with my next scans, if I can detect the source for the last streaks on some pictures. Thanks for pointing this out!

At a recent walk I was attracted by this little creek. Unfortunately I didn't notice the small branch in the foreground, that is now distracting the view :(

Mamiya 645 1000s - Sekor-C 80 - Cinestill 800

• Like 12

Very funny, Wayne.  Top notch photography, too. :)

Thanks, Adam. The PanF seems to be pretty incredible stuff. I think I will order another few rolls.

I am fascinated by my ongoing attraction to lower ISO films. I remember, not long ago, I could not understand what drove folks to use such films.

Best,

Wayne

Edited by Wayne
  • Like 2

I am fascinated by my ongoing attraction to lower ISO films. I remember, not long ago, I could not understand what drove folks to use such films.

Best,

Wayne

Wayne, those of us in my generation were very familiar with Pan F. A great film. Typically films were mostly near that speed. The slowest I remember using was (I think) about 10 iso. We used to dev it in Neofin Blue. When we got as fast as 20 iso we used Neofin Red. High speed films of today were but a dream.

• Like 3

Speaking of Agfa....I lament the fact that they gave up the ghost. This is not such a great photograph, but for the fact that it illustrates the capacity of that great company. The TIFF is stunning; rivaling even the 6x9 negatives from the Fuji GSW690III

Agfa Record, Solinar f4, Ektar

• Like 17

Mating season for the Canadians. Full of testosterone, and willing to take on even a Ford Explorer. In truth, his aggressiveness made me feel a bit uneasy...Even in the safety of the vehicle. She IS quite a babe. :)

Agfa Karat, 50/2 Solagon, Cinestill 50

Edited by Wayne
  • Like 10

Mating season for the Canadians. Full of testosterone, and willing to take on even a Ford Explorer. In truth, his aggressiveness made me feel a bit uneasy...Even in the safety of the vehicle. She IS quite a babe. :)

img009.jpg

Agfa Karat, 50/2 Solagon, Cinestill 50

Hilarious :D

• Like 1

A small piece of nature:

Mamiya 645 1000s - Sekor-C 80 - Cinestill 800

• Like 15