I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

New York City fashion (not!) :)

IIIg, 28 summaron, Provia 100F @200

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 14

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm currently taking part in a challenge on Twitter, the challenge was; buy a camera for £2 or less and the cheapest roll of film you can and see what you can do.

I bought a Canon Sure Shot 105 zoom for $1, I then went to my local camera store and bought the cheapest roll of film they had. I spent a week shooting that roll of film, I'll post a few photos over the next few days, I was was not expecting amazing results from the combination and in that regard I was not disappointed, red-eye and missed focus abounded, but the important thing was I had fun and I'm actually happy with what I managed to get. :)

The first two photos are at my daughter's wedding and a baseball game.

Edited by mikemgb
  • Like 15

I'm currently taking part in a challenge on Twitter, the challenge was; buy a camera for £2 or less and the cheapest roll of film you can and see what you can do.

I bought a Canon Sure Shot 105 zoom for $1, I then went to my local camera store and bought the cheapest roll of film they had. I spent a week shooting that roll of film, I'll post a few photos over the next few days, I was was not expecting amazing results from the combination and in that regard I was not disappointed, red-eye and missed focus abounded, but the important thing was I had fun and I'm actually happy with what I managed to get. :)

Good on Ya.

Begs the question, why do we fork out great gobs of cash for our gear then?

I'm as guilty.

Gary

• Like 2

Good on Ya.

Begs the question, why do we fork out great gobs of cash for our gear then?

I'm as guilty.

Gary

Because there is actually a huge quality difference between $1 and huge gobs of cash, that $1 Canon was the worst point and shoot I have ever used, slow zoom, slow wind and the longest shutter lag I have ever come across, you push the button then set a calendar event for when you expect it to actually fire.

As I said, I did enjoy the challenge but I was very happy to start carrying my XA2 again as soon as the film was done, there is a reason some point and shoot cameras cost $1 and some cost $100 and higher.

• Like 3

Home Sweet Home

Seattle Waterfront

M3 & Summaron 35/2.8

Portra 400

• Like 15

After a little Rhine inundination

M6 2/50IV hp5

Joachim

• Like 14

I've been very interestedly reading and viewing paulmac's interesting discourse and excellent images on the Black and White Images thread à la manière de Bill Brandt. Because the following was not taken on a Leica I can only post it here.

Thinking of Bill Brandt's famous and wonderful "Top Withens, West Riding, Yorkshire 1945" picture, I took this picture in 2010 thinking of it as a kind of homage to the great photographer:

p1717827636-5.jpg

Loughrigg, 2010 (homage to Bill Brandt)

Canon A1, FD 24mm f2.8 SSC, Tri-X

• Like 12

Man, you definitely have the 'eye' demonstrated time and time again. This here is a brilliant study showing the visual power of lines, vertical and diagonal, plus that circle all in one frame.

Thanks. I had read quite a bit, some of it not very complimentary, on utility of Rolleikin (device allowing use of 35mm film in Rolleiflex/Rolleicord.) Found one at pretty low price and installed. I can see disadvantage some might have found; but, find that it is kind of fun. If you like format of old Olympus Pen SLRs, it is very much like that. I think I will leave it in the Rolleiflex 3.5 for a few rolls.

Best,

Wayne

• Like 3

attachicon.gifSheet102_007.jpg

attachicon.gifSheet102_030.jpg

Hello Mike,

Congratulations.

Nice looking couple.

Nice photo.

Best Regards,

Michael

• Like 1

I got the Leica IIIc back from CLA. I'm happy with it, although a few frames from a test roll came out strange. Anyway, this is one came out fine, except for the fact that the offset of the subject to the left is not an esthetic choice, but the result of the parallax error combined with wrong alignment of the film in the camera ... :mellow:

Leica IIIc, Canon 50/1.4 LTM, Ilford PanF+, HC-110 dil B

41325035972_0d7b4bab6e_b.jpg

20180407-DSCF1911 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

• Like 17