I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Wandering up to our local honesty box a few weeks ago. Hiding away inside drinking coffee and watching the snowstorm outside. £1 for 6 eggs, just leave the money on the table and the farmer will collect eventually.

Kentmere 400, with a broken Nikon F2

A beautiful shot Greg, and added to by the story. I love the humanity of the honesty box - The wonderful concept of trust without proof. I'm pleased to see it still alive and well.

• Like 1

I have a new exhibit that has just gone live in Gallery 55 (www.gallery55dumbo.com) which is located in the brand new Empire Stores in Dumbo, Brooklyn. (www.empirestoresdumbo.com). The Empire Stores facility is a completely renovated warehouse that runs along the East River b/c the Manhattan Bridge and Brooklyn Bridge, which as many of you know, is one of my very favorite places to take photos. The facility wis home to many fine eateries and retail merchants, as well as a brand new Soho House. The grand lobby of the facility is

opened 24/7and Gallery 55 (which has been started by the facility) is spread out in this expansive lobby space.

I am showcasing 9 of my color NYC cityscape pieces in this exhibit. All but two are printed in Fuji Flex high gloss paper (in Germany) and mounted on plexi-glass (in Brooklyn). The other two (the colorful view of the Statue of Liberty and the view under the bridge in Central Park) are printed in metal by a company (Blazing Editions) in Rhode Island.

The 4 large photos are approximately 71" on the long side and the smaller photos are 25"x25".

I used Kodak Ektar for everything except for the Statue of Liberty photo, which was shot on Velvia 100.

The crappy iPhone pics don't do them justice. The shadow detail and vibrance is really impressive (if I may say so!! :) )

This is homage of sorts to to vitality of film photography.

It should be up for 2-3 months.

Wish me luck on the sales!!!! :)

attachicon.gifImage-1.jpg

attachicon.gifDBC701A1-E691-4B5B-9043-2A8F08717F95.jpegattachicon.gifB023331D-EE18-4BCA-B3F8-B9BF8AFDBD6C.jpeg

Excellent, Adam! Please keep us updated on the whole experience. It is wonderful to see your stellar work shared with a greater audience, and I'm very interested to hear what the reactions are of those who don't care at all about how an image is created, just about what they see. I hope you get to hear their voices.

Wonderful effort!

• Like 1

Smoking the grass. Kayin State, Myanmar.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Ilford Pan 100

• Like 19

Steam engine crankshaft - Bradford Industrial Museum.

Hasselbald 500ELX with 250mm Sonnar wide open at 1/8th 5.6.

Fomapan 100 film developed in Ilfosol 3 1-9 6 minutes.

Beautiful shot, Paul! Great to see you putting in an appearance here, too.

• Like 1

Penmaenpool Toll Bridge, North Wales ...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Canon EOS 1n, Ilford XP2

• Like 15