I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

A couple of more

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 14

A few more snaps of the exhibit, along with my "artist's statement"

attachicon.gifIMG_4200.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4198.JPG

attachicon.gif233CD721-415B-4A07-B1D3-6A5A6C024B47.jpeg

Well, that's the exhibition under way (looks great and good luck with the sales), so when can we expect the monogram of NYC snow scenes?!  ;)  

• Like 3

Many thanks, Gentlemen.  :)   It was an expensive project and now I need to spread the joy and sell! :)

Very impressive pictures. I'm agog.

+1 Adam, they look awesome.

Gary

Well, that's the exhibition under way (looks great and good luck with the sales), so when can we expect the monogram of NYC snow scenes?!   ;)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

some eastman xx at the easter parade. this film is usually a bit flatter, wonder if its age or developing or scanning or faulty memory... . . .

• Like 15

and some more ...

• Like 15

I have a new exhibit that has just gone live in Gallery 55 (www.gallery55dumbo.com) which is located in the brand new Empire Stores in Dumbo, Brooklyn. (www.empirestoresdumbo.com). The Empire Stores facility is a completely renovated warehouse that runs along the East River b/c the Manhattan Bridge and Brooklyn Bridge, which as many of you know, is one of my very favorite places to take photos. The facility wis home to many fine eateries and retail merchants, as well as a brand new Soho House. The grand lobby of the facility is

opened 24/7and Gallery 55 (which has been started by the facility) is spread out in this expansive lobby space.

I am showcasing 9 of my color NYC cityscape pieces in this exhibit. All but two are printed in Fuji Flex high gloss paper (in Germany) and mounted on plexi-glass (in Brooklyn). The other two (the colorful view of the Statue of Liberty and the view under the bridge in Central Park) are printed in metal by a company (Blazing Editions) in Rhode Island.

The 4 large photos are approximately 71" on the long side and the smaller photos are 25"x25".

I used Kodak Ektar for everything except for the Statue of Liberty photo, which was shot on Velvia 100.

The crappy iPhone pics don't do them justice. The shadow detail and vibrance is really impressive (if I may say so!! :) )

This is homage of sorts to to vitality of film photography.

It should be up for 2-3 months.

Wish me luck on the sales!!!! :)

attachicon.gifImage-1.jpg

attachicon.gifDBC701A1-E691-4B5B-9043-2A8F08717F95.jpegattachicon.gifB023331D-EE18-4BCA-B3F8-B9BF8AFDBD6C.jpeg

Adam - luck won't enter into it. The good folk of New York and internationally know quality and artistic sensibility when they see it - it won't be at all long before those red dots start proliferating beneath each picture. The exhibition, the space and of course the pictures themselves look absolutely stunning - I just wish I'd be able to view it myself. Congratulations on a magnificent achievement, and an enterprise that I have no doubt whatsoever will reward you in all sorts of ways.

• Like 2

Adam - luck won't enter into it. The good folk of New York and internationally know quality and artistic sensibility when they see it - it won't be at all long before those red dots start proliferating beneath each picture. The exhibition, the space and of course the pictures themselves look absolutely stunning - I just wish I'd be able to view it myself. Congratulations on a magnificent achievement, and an enterprise that I have no doubt whatsoever will reward you in all sorts of ways.

From your mouth to God's ears, Phil :)  I really appreciate the kind remarks.  :)

• Like 2

unlike Adam, I can never quite capture faces during these storms, maybe its the lack of flash ...

• Like 17

last one ...

oops ....

• Like 13

I have a new exhibit that has just gone live in Gallery 55 (www.gallery55dumbo.com) which is located in the brand new Empire Stores in Dumbo, Brooklyn. (www.empirestoresdumbo.com). The Empire Stores facility is a completely renovated warehouse that runs along the East River b/c the Manhattan Bridge and Brooklyn Bridge, which as many of you know, is one of my very favorite places to take photos. The facility wis home to many fine eateries and retail merchants, as well as a brand new Soho House. The grand lobby of the facility is

opened 24/7and Gallery 55 (which has been started by the facility) is spread out in this expansive lobby space.

I am showcasing 9 of my color NYC cityscape pieces in this exhibit. All but two are printed in Fuji Flex high gloss paper (in Germany) and mounted on plexi-glass (in Brooklyn). The other two (the colorful view of the Statue of Liberty and the view under the bridge in Central Park) are printed in metal by a company (Blazing Editions) in Rhode Island.

The 4 large photos are approximately 71" on the long side and the smaller photos are 25"x25".

I used Kodak Ektar for everything except for the Statue of Liberty photo, which was shot on Velvia 100.

The crappy iPhone pics don't do them justice. The shadow detail and vibrance is really impressive (if I may say so!! :) )

This is homage of sorts to to vitality of film photography.

It should be up for 2-3 months.

Wish me luck on the sales!!!! :)

attachicon.gifImage-1.jpg

attachicon.gifDBC701A1-E691-4B5B-9043-2A8F08717F95.jpegattachicon.gifB023331D-EE18-4BCA-B3F8-B9BF8AFDBD6C.jpeg

Seeing the photos of the display adds emphasis to the enormity of your work. At once, humbling....and inspiring. To have seen them first, here, adds to the sense of value I feel for this small group. I hope and pray for your success; but I know the shots will soon be all over NYC the country. the globe. Outstanding!

Best,

Wayne

• Like 4