I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

True, but if stand on street corner in Manhattan at the same time of day everyday, especially during commuting hours, I will get some doubles. Personally, I am impressed by your memory that you recognized some of these people from earlier pictures. I can tell you that i honestly could never do that, especially for people like this who basically blend in with everyone else. Well done!

True.  Such is life in NYC whether its your work, home or other stomping ground; it can be like groundhog day if one pays enough attention!

• Like 1

@Adam

Certainly looks like the same lady but, have you considered the possibility of a doppelgänger? I can't share the images I have for commercial reasons but a few years back I shot a young woman here in Thailand and it was model released. A few months later, travelling in the Northern region (1200 kilometres away) I bumped into her........ or so I thought. It was her doppelgänger and, of course, she too was shot and released. They are not remotely related and had never met. The girls are now in contact with each other and side by side (shot by me) they are in essence identical twins.

I once read that somewhere in the world we all have a doppelgänger but I never really believed it. I do now.

• Like 2

I have most definitely not considered that possibility.  But it is very useful to know.  And a good subject for the ultimate photo book - "Doppelgängers among us" :)

@Adam

Certainly looks like the same lady but, have you considered the possibility of a doppelgänger? I can't share the images I have for commercial reasons but a few years back I shot a young woman here in Thailand and it was model released. A few months later, travelling in the Northern region (1200 kilometres away) I bumped into her........ or so I thought. It was her doppelgänger and, of course, she too was shot and released. They are not remotely related and had never met. The girls are now in contact with each other and side by side (shot by me) they are in essence identical twins.

I once read that somewhere in the world we all have a doppelgänger but I never really believed it. I do now.

• Like 1

Living in the land of twins I see it frequently of course. Thai twins are abundant. Not exactly doppelgängers but good enough. My next door neighbour has identical twin girls who's imagery, which I've shot from 6 years old to 16 years old, consistently produces rewards from my stock library.

God, I love lookalikes. !

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Now for some nature pix, shot at a lunch break in the lovely Sorghvliet park in The Hague (Provia 100).

38550130730_da37b771ed_b.jpg

Flickr

80 Planar+32E

38550135070_6fcf534e11_b.jpg

Flickr

40 CFE

Two cracking shots, Philip.  I particularly like the isolated, the deep autumn tones, and the focus thrown onto the Weevils.

Please pardon my ignorance but what's "40 CFE"?

Pete.

• Like 2

Blondie.

Having temporarily escaped duty at chicken ranch, enjoys a chew of rawhide........Just purchased, that day, for such an occasion.

26558558218_7cde084ddf_b.jpgRawhide by W P_, on Flickr

IID, Canon 35mm 2.8 LTM, Delta 400

Wayne, 

A wonderful picture of a totally blissed dog.  I suspect she would be completely oblivious to even an earthquake at that moment.

Pete.

• Like 3

Thank you very much, Pete. And my apologies for the confusing acronym. It's really just a 40mm f/4 Distagon. The CFE is Hasselblad/Zeiss speak to say that it's a CF lens with Electronic contacts to enable the lens to send aperture data to the meter in the 200 series cameras. CF means that the central lens shutter can be disengaged so that the lens may be used with the focal-plane shutter in the 200-series bodies which, in turn, is one of the features that distinguishes such lenses from the older C-type lenses. 

br

Philip

Two cracking shots, Philip.  I particularly like the isolated, the deep autumn tones, and the focus thrown onto the Weevils.

Please pardon my ignorance but what's "40 CFE"?

Pete.

• Like 2

Shot during the Medieval Week in Visby, which is an annual festival in and around Visby on Gotland with lots of medieval stuff, like tournaments, jousting, theatre plays and other performances. Thousands of people attend and dress up in various more or less (mainly less) accurate forms of medieval dress. If one zooms in one can see this gentleman's take on that dress code, which seems to be something out of Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.

39385667985_6b8fafe44f_b.jpg

Flickr

80 Planar Provia 100

• Like 15

Back to the shadows and barreling light :)

NYC

Portra 800

IIIg, 28 summaron

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by A miller
  • Like 16

Hoosiers

Minox B, Foma Retropan 320

• Like 12

• Like 13

• Like 12