I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

IIIA, VC 28mm 3.5, Svema FN-32

• Like 12

Thanks, Ramesh :)

Very nice Adam - certainly you have captured the atmosphere of a cold winter morning...

Jean-Marc and Wayne - I really like these last two, they each have very peaceful qualities with a painterly palette.  

Azedinha by JM__, on Flickr

Portra 800 - Minilux

Dusting by W P_, on Flickr

Zenit 1 SLR, Industar 50mm 3.5, Agfa Vista 200

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It's amazingly timely that you post that picture of the backup as I'm starting to fill up my drives and need to look for a more longer-term solution. I've got four internal drives in the Mac Pro which SuperDuper daily but I need to get an external for more space. That box (OWC?) and the dock look like a good solution. I was otherwise thinking of just a simple drive rack with JBOD to superduper. 

Yes, it's from OWC. I have three of the earlier model that does various RAID configs, but not JBOD. Sadly, they have to have exactly the same drives in all four slots, so when a drive fails and you can no longer buy that model drive you're out of luck. Kind of defeats the purpose of RAID, so I ended up getting this one.  Another nice five drive enclosure can be had for the same price here. I used to use SuperDuper, but now I prefer CarbonCopyCloner as it copes better with AFPS disks.

• Like 2

Today I heared in the radio that the Berlin Wall is now as long gone as it existed.
Therefore I looked for some pictures off it in my archive.
They where taken shortly after the wall had been opened in winter 1989.
In these days it was hard to believe for me that I would ever see there end coming.

All taken with a Horseman V-HR 6x9 cm with TMax400 and HP5

Regards

Frank

• Like 18

Family Portrait Ilford Delta on 4x5 Chamonix

Today I heared in the radio that the Berlin Wall is now as long gone as it existed.

Therefore I looked for some pictures off it in my archive.

They where taken shortly after the wall had been opened in winter 1989.

In these days it was hard to believe for me that I would ever see there end coming.

attachicon.gif039R89-4.jpg

attachicon.gif042R89-5.jpg

attachicon.gif43R89-02.jpg

All taken with a Horseman V-HR 6x9 cm with TMax400 and HP5

Regards

Frank

We have a Berlin Wall memorial here in Cincinnati. It consists of one slab held upright in front of Underground Railroad Museum. One side of the slab is covered with graffiti, similar to that shown in your photos, while the other side is white and unmarked. Now that I think of it, every photo I have seen of the wall shows it from the West side. I am curious, were the Soviets really so successful in keeping their side of the wall unblemished? Anyone have any photos of the wall, taken from East side?

Best,

Wayne

Edited by Wayne

We have a Berlin Wall memorial here in Cincinnati. It consists of one slab held upright in front of Underground Railroad Museum. One side of the slab is covered with graffiti, similar to that shown in your photos, while the other side is white and unmarked. Now that I think of it, every photo I have seen of the wall shows it from the West side. I am curious, were the Soviets really so successful in keeping their side of the wall unblemished? Anyone have any photos of the wall, taken from East side?

Best,

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

the east side of the wall normally was a no go zone, that only authorized people are allowed to enter. Also it was forbidden to take photos of the border scenery in the GDR. So only few pictures of from the east exist. There where some publications with photos taken from officials of former GDR border patrol troops after the fall of the wall. But of course they where secret during the cold war.

But as you can see in my second picture, the wall that you can see and touch from the west is only the first of at least two. Normally there where also fences before the inner wall, so you can't go there. The area between the first and second wall (you can have a look at it in my picture) was the death strip. It was kept clear of vegetation or other obstacles and was watched day and night. If one somehow managed to go there mostly he got shot. So no person could go there to paint something on the wall. Therefore one side is clean.

The picture was taken at the Potsdamer Platz, what now is one of the busiest places in town. This way through the death strip you can see in my pictures was opened a few days after the GDR opened the border. Before there where only few, heavily secured places where you can pass the border. They where all overstrained so they break additional ways trough the wall.

The first picture was taken at the Checkpoint Charly.

Best Frank

Edited by fotomas
  • Like 4

Central Park NYC Wildlife ..... these were taken with my R6.2, 80-200 Vario Lens with a 2XAPO extender ... Portra 400 shot at box speed ... 

• Like 14

and another (BTW no idea what kind of bird that is except that it isn't a pigeon or a sparrow) ... here is some more ---

• Like 14