I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Nice. Brindisi used to be the main port for traveling to Greece. It’s different now: most of the ferries were moved to Bari and the marina has been completely remodeled in the last years.

I visited Greece in 91 with my school and I had a Zenit 12XP. I still have that camera.

PS Appia was the name of the old Roman road connecting Rome to Brindisi and I brought with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't know how the place also became the Italian generic name for a drinking song, but I'm not sorry it did:

• Like 5

Nice. Brindisi used to be the main port for traveling to Greece. It’s different now: most of the ferries were moved to Bari and the marina has been completely remodeled in the last years.

I visited Greece in 91 with my school and I had a Zenit 12XP. I still have that camera.

PS Appia was the name of the old Roman road connecting Rome to Brindisi and I brought with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I drove the Via Appia from Rome to Brindisi, or at least the modern road that still has that name. After Greece I drove up through Jugoslavia, that was an interesting experience.

• Like 2

I don't know how the place also became the Italian generic name for a drinking song, but I'm not sorry it did:

:lol: although I like the idea of living in a province named after a drinking song, Brindisi (meaning toast) comes from some German phrase. The name of the city is much older.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Chinatown, Bangkok.

28282846639_62928a3808_o.jpgM7 ZM 35/1.4 Superia 1600 by edward karaa, on Flickr

26189113238_59b26a276e_o.jpgM7 ZM 35/1.4 Superia 1600 by edward karaa, on Flickr

28282844619_8a3c0b818d_o.jpgM7 ZM 35/1.4 Superia 1600 by edward karaa, on Flickr

26189109358_4d2286ca31_o.jpgM7 ZM 35/1.4 Superia 1600 by edward karaa, on Flickr

26189107678_f7c0d73a67_o.jpgM7 ZM 35/1.4 Superia 1600 by edward karaa, on Flickr

• Like 19

Very evocative images... I love the ambiance you've captured.

Peter.

• Like 2

Watching over Ayutthaya Station

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

T-Max 400

• Like 17

The austerity of a monk's life... Mandalay.

Ilford HP5

• Like 13

Going for silver.

Chapel St Grat, Mieussy

attachicon.gifChapel St Grat.jpg

Adox Silvermax 100

This looks like a painting, in monochrome... very nice.

Pentax 645n, 120/4, XP2 @400, Ilfotec HC, X1 scan:

26191945388_6191fc937b_c.jpg

Pippa 2018 #1 by chrism229, on Flickr

A classic (and timeless) portrait.

post-16731-0-11062700-1517690584.jpg

M6, 35CronASPH1, TRI-X

A visually harmonious frame... great geometry (circles, rectangles, and intersecting lines).

Peter.

• Like 4

Guest Nowhereman

Looks like I'm on my way to becoming a film-chauvinist, as I'm find myself posting the two pictures below for their tonality despite not yet feeling convinced of their overall aesthetics — sort of like photographing Japanese gardens, when one feels it's the garden designer who's done the real work. They're from the same roll of Tri-X developed in D76 as the last two images posted, the roll that didn't have the usual richness but had much larger grain than is usual for that film and developer combination. Still haven't figured out what went wrong. But in the gentler light of these images the problem was somewhat mitigated.

Botanical information: the first of these two Southeast Asian plants is generally called cotton or rushfoil; the second, taro, taru or elephant ear.