I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

m6 2/50IV portra400

Joachim

• Like 15

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Another picture with  Kodak TX400  

taken yesterday and dev and scanned just after

Leica MP-35 Summicron Asph

no correction scan Nikon Coolscqn 5000 direct Tiff file 110 Mo **

(DNG digital only 10 Mo)

and converted Jpeg for post

Best

Henry

** that's  why you have more details in FILM

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 15

attachicon.gifunbenannt-0001-21-Bearbeitet.jpg

m6 2/50IV portra400

Joachim

Beautiful fog in color Portra 400 Joachim

I asked you if you dev yourself your color (and b&w)  film ?

Here's another faux-Wayne, XP2 @ 1600:

38774593695_f0e20e50dd_c.jpg

Through the walkway by chrism229, on Flickr

Wonderful definition contrast and b&w tone Chris

Best

Henry

• Like 2

Thanks, Edward.  It is a rather cool structure.  Lots of photo opportunities although they apparently have a strict policy against tripods, which we belated learned about after I got three shots off :)

This is really nice Adam. Really like the symmetry and the motion blurred humans :)

Thanks, it really is fun to shoot in this weather and something I look forward to every year.  I just keep my fingers cross that my camera and lens (and flash) will continue to withstand the sever abuse!

Your snowstorm series are excellent, Adam. They combine horror, drama and humor all mixed together :D

Thanks, James. It took too long to build but it is becoming quite iconic and a favorite of tourists :)

A very good picture of this amazing building. The long exposure expands the dimensions, making the picture more lively. I like it a lot!

Love them both, Edward.  I see so many photos of the Dead Sea in seasons other than the summer (which is when I have spent most of my time) and I am quite envious of the photographers b/c the terrain changes so much in those seasons.  For example, it is very rare that you will find thick clouds in the summer, which as we know is the key impetus for dramatic light and colors.  The oily salt is very evident in the water in your second photo.  I miss that place!

For Adam :)

Dead Sea in the fog!

M7 ZM 35/2.8 Ektar 100 by edward karaa, on Flickr

• Like 1

Dear Doc Henry,

yes I do. The following link https://www.lomography.com/magazine/236651-tutorial-rollei-c41-digibase-color-film-development,

was my manual last year to start with self developing. I use the Digibase kit and find it very simple to use, less complicate than B+W

M6 2/50IV Portra 400

best regards

Joachim

• Like 13

Sunset in Lebanon. Beirut can be seen in the distance.

It's interesting how Ektar reacts with evening colors. This photo is how it came out from Nikon Scan. No saturation added.

M7 ZM 50/2 Ektar 100 by edward karaa, on Flickr

very nice sun burst and a lovely sunset, Edward.

• Like 2

Leica M2, Kodak TriX400, Summilux-Mf1.4/35
When she walks, she's like a samba that swings so cool and sways so gentle.

And when she passes, I smile - but she doesn't see

• Like 15

This is beautiful Wayne.

If I may make a small comment, I wish the composition was shifted slightly to the right to exclude what looks like a wooden pole.

Thank you for the very nice comment. It encourages.

In truth, I composed to include the pole. As I considered the photograph before posting I was very tempted to crop the pole out. I do not know why, but I am a bit obsessed with things done by people.......More than in the people, themselves.............Sort of a vulture mentality when it comes to photography: They were here, and this was the result. I do not mean to transmit ridicule or disapproval, but know that it is impossible to not see it in that way in some instances. I suppose it is manifest of one thing my grandfather- the guiding light in my life- used to say: "Keifer, do not pay too much attention to what a man says; pay attention to what he does." He was a great example of the men of his time. I take the photographs for me, and for him. I cannot express how much it means to be able to post them to this great thread. As far as "The Ohio" goes, I can once again reference my grandfather: "Even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while."  :)

I think about photography quite a bit. It sort of relates to something that I know, at age 58, and am pretty confident in. I traveled to many different countries in my youth, and now have a hard time remembering anyone I have personally met- even when a language barrier existed- that I did not find to be a good person. Most every time I develop/developed ill feeling toward any person or society it is/was because of something I heard or had seen through some other channel, e.g. news reporting, blog, etc.. One of the great things about this thread is that it seems to allow us to get to know one another through our photography. I am getting to a point where I can recognize the photographer without seeing the name. I can only hope that I do come through in my photos.............And sometimes provide a worthwhile distraction.  

Best,

Wayne

Edited by Wayne
  • Like 7