I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Litter.

In Winter, late in evening, I enjoy the few brief moments when you can point your camera at virtually anything and the magic of the lighting has the capacity to make it a thing of wonderment; makes you glad to be there at that moment to behold it.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

M5, VC 50mm 2.5 heliar Classic, Agfa Vista 200

• Like 10

An Homage:

The Mercedes Turbo Diesel Wagon. Were it not for the existence of this model, I could easily declare 911SC  the greatest of all automobiles.  While it lives in an entirely different universe than Elfer, it dominates its universe just as completely.....At least in my mind. This one lives down the street from me and is shown here in context: a daily driver. No garage queen, this one.

Long live the 123 Mercs. :) I will gift myself with one when I retire.

attachicon.gifimg064r.JPG

M5, 50mm 2.5 VC Heliar Classic, Agfa Vista 200

I want a 300D so badly. :)

OK, this one's a bit difficult. I worked with Janet. She was a patient as well. And now she has died of lung cancer, as one of the unlucky 10% who never smoked.

21576521420_409e5eaa76_c.jpg

Janet by chrism229, on Flickr

20972205802_6b771297e4_c.jpg

Janet & Mary by chrism229, on Flickr

13798972534_5d8387f6b5_c.jpg

13014797703_a5b34096b9_c.jpg

She was one of those lovely people, so common here in a relatively poor rural community, who would do anything for you if you asked. It was my pleasure to know her for thirty years, and my honour to care for her as a physician. I still go up to the hospital when I hear that one of my old friends is dying and go in to visit them before they go out of the back door. This visit was one of the harder ones, which is why it has taken me a long time to catch up with her passing. So long, Janet.

Doc.

Very touching, Chris. May she rest in peace.

• Like 2

An Homage:

The Mercedes Turbo Diesel Wagon. Were it not for the existence of this model, I could easily declare 911SC  the greatest of all automobiles.  While it lives in an entirely different universe than Elfer, it dominates its universe just as completely.....At least in my mind. This one lives down the street from me and is shown here in context: a daily driver. No garage queen, this one.

I drove the same 240D for 20+ years. The car was simply wonderful - the best car I have ever owned or driven. Rust from road salt shortened its life, but other wise I would still be happily driving it after 500,000kms. The W123 was one of history's greatest cars.

• Like 1

An Homage:

A nice tribute, Wayne. You have made the Merc glow and levitate on that soft warm light.

Regards

• Like 2

This Peugeot doesn't go anywhere. . .

Haute-Savoie

Edited by Suede
  • Like 13

Very touching, Chris. May she rest in peace.

Edward and Chris even caregivers die

Beautiful photos Chris of  Janet and good times we will not forget

a negative film can be kept indefinitely

Litter.

In Winter, late in evening, I enjoy the few brief moments when you can point your camera at virtually anything and the magic of the lighting has the capacity to make it a thing of wonderment; makes you glad to be there at that moment to behold it.

attachicon.gifimg067x.JPG

M5, VC 50mm 2.5 heliar Classic, Agfa Vista 200

Very nice color and composition Wayne

Best

Henry

• Like 2

Eifel Tower at sunset and cloudy day

dec 2017

Kodak TX400-Leica MP-50 Summilux Asph

Best

Henry

• Like 11

Wheat harvesting, masks for dust...

Punjab, India

• Like 18

Wheat harvesting, masks for dust...

Punjab, India

attachicon.gifWheat harvesting.jpg

To my vision, the tonality here is spectacular. Aside from the fact that photo, generally, is the same. If this is Agfa Vista, it furthers my increasing faith the film is the best deal going.

Pritam, I agree with Wayne resolution and definition very fine

Faithful color only found in film

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 2

Edward and Chris even caregivers die

Beautiful photos Chris of  Janet and good times we will not forget

a negative film can be kept indefinitely

Very nice color and composition Wayne

Best

Henry

Thanks, Henry. Another thing, not mentioned in this or previous photos I have posted from the M5, is my increasing faith in the metering of M5. I am constantly bragging about the film and lighting, but as I move along, it occurs to me that the metering of this camera was surely a spectacular achievement for its time. I do not know that any modern camera does a significantly better job. I mean, you just line up the meter needles and shoot. Of paticular advantage is the analog motion, as opposed to lights flashing, gives great confidence in amount of under or over being used. Personally, I am glad Leica made the thing so aesthetically odd. It was quite a bargain.

• Like 2

Puerto Peñasco, Mexico 

Leica M2, Zeiss C-Biogon 2.8/35, Kodak Portra 160

Sharif

• Like 18

Pritam, I agree with Wayne resolution and definition very fine

Faithful color only found in film

Best

Henry

Wayne, this is not Agfa Vista. Of that I am certain. This photo was taken in 2010 and I'd never used Agfa Vista up to that point.

There's an off chance it could be Reala...  

• Like 2

Wayne, this is not Agfa Vista. Of that I am certain. This photo was taken in 2010 and I'd never used Agfa Vista up to that point.

There's an off chance it could be Reala...  

Sorry to keep at it.........Not really :)  I have become fixated on this photo. Was it a slide film? for some reason, it reminds me of Kodachrome shots I have seen. Not so much in colors, but in the presence of the subjects. It is as if I am walking by them.

Thanks again,

Wayne

• Like 2

Sadly, I see the Fuji Superia 200 stock has dried up at my usual sources. However, I now see a Fuji C200 film available. I am not sure if it was there before, but do not think it was. Is C200 essentially the same thing as the Superia? Anyone have any experience with this film? I am tempted to buy a lifetime supply of the Agfa Vista as a hedge.