I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

One from the following day, friendly worker.

Leica M2, Dual Range Summicron 50, Ilford HP5.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 12

Totem Pole

Pen F 40 f/1.4 Tri-X Plustek

38680851144_049244c8be_b.jpgTotem Pole at the River Mersey by -Steve Ricoh-

I've been enjoying this recent work Steve!

Nicely composed scene Becker.

Another shot from the Central Station of Milano.

Leica M6, Summicron 35 asph, HP5 @ 1600

39407230431_11871f3063_b.jpg

20171208-DSCF0644 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

The architecture looks impressive Antonio, and I like the tones you've been getting from pushed HP5.

Olivia Podmore.

EOS 1V HS w/ ZE135 - Tri-X

39368983132_706304d8f5_b.jpgA004 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

I always enjoy these cycling photos Eoin!

Wishing everyone a healthy and happy new year, filled with success, good times and good photography!

Here is one of my favorites from 2017.  I shared a version of this last Spring, but I managed to go back before the sculpture was taken down for a proper "blue hour", which I think works much better than my first attempt :) :)

Park Avenue, NYC

Ektar (6x9)

Linhof Technika Press 23

53mm Zeiss Biogon

attachicon.gifHappy New Year.jpg

Love the vibrant colours here Adam.  I shot a roll of Ektar while in Japan and haven't had it developed yet, I should get on that soon...

• Like 2

Zenit 1, MIR 37mm 2.8, Foma 100

• Like 19

a little more Kodachrome London April 1984 -- Whatever happened to BASF recording tapes, Philips TVs ..... not so much film left to Fuji ... Note all the "to let" signs, big bang etc turned around London business ...

• Like 17

couple more ...

• Like 12

oops .... forgot to attach the photo ..

• Like 13

a little more Kodachrome London April 1984 -- Whatever happened to BASF recording tapes, Philips TVs ..... not so much film left to Fuji ... Note all the "to let" signs, big bang etc turned around London business ...

couple more ...

oops .... forgot to attach the photo ..

These really take my back to my younger days. The lack of traffic is amazing.

• Like 3

Minox version:

Minox B, Portra 400

• Like 16

Thanks for these Steve. The streets look familiar - my wife and I moved to London for four years in 1984 or 1985, so it was not all that different. Great memories - we had such a good time there.

• Like 2

Two from my walk around Manhattan with Adam Miller, photographers at work in the Oculus. :)

Leica M2, Dual Range Summicron 50, Kodak Tri-X 400.

Nice, Mike :)

I much prefer the stealthier-looking photos of myself, like this one I took while we were on Wall Street... :)

Cinestill XX

M-A, 50 DR cron

Edited by A miller
  • Like 16

can't resist a personal one .... Kodachrome yet again ... my two sons in late 1987 .... the blonde one just became a dad and the little guy just got married -- and I look exactly the same!!! HAH!!!!!!

• Like 15

It's been a while since I was active in the thread. Good to see the doc back and some of the new contributors. I haven't had any film developed since my last batch in November. Here's one from that batch for Henry. Not sheep but cows. 28 Summaron and BW400cn. incidentally, I've walked through countless fields of cows over the years – including past some ugly looking bulls – and never felt remotely fazed. However, this benign looking herd were anything but. The cow in the middle of the frame was already eyeballing me from some distance and as I approached closely via the well worn path, the herd immediately closed in and tried to surround me. A few were jumping and snorting as they tried to outflank me and I was rather glad to get to the gate. I must admit I began to think about incidents like this one and stats like these. :o  

25557866178_09ceccb7f8_b.jpg

Please do take care, we won't like you turning up in any of these statistics, and, more importantly, we wouldn't like to miss your excellent pictures of the British country side ;)

Best, C.

• Like 3

You need to reply to the last post made.  

Go to the Reply to this topic section after the last post and select More Reply Options.  Make whatever comment you like and the select Choose File in the Attach Files area.  This should open a browser/dialog box and you can browse to where the file is on your Mac/PC.  Select the file and press Attach This File.  The file will be uploaded and you will see a message appear on the right which says Add to Post.  Click on the comment/dialogue area after you comments and press the Add to Post button, the image should appear in the post.

There are a number of limitations on image dimensions and file size which are explained in the Forum Customer area.

Hope that's helpful.

Bob, thank you very much for taking the time to 'write' that. 

I really liked your Flickr: the shots with the GA645Zi made me drool a bit, and the B&W of the stile over the drystone wall with the sign indicating 'Public Footpath' reminded me of the polite English signs I saw on the Pennine Way the year before last.  Even when we were being warned to bugger off there was always a 'please'. One, high on the moors - near 'Wuthering Heights' between Hebden Bridge and Cowley - even commenced with the words "Polite Notice", and ended with "Thank you for your cooperation, Walshaw and Lancashire Moor". 

Things are a bit rougher in Australia ;-)

Dan

Edited by kalkadan
  • Like 2

I started a discussion on another forum about promoting unpredictability of colour film, false colours, serendipity. One suggestion was to heat damage some cheap film. Anyone tried this and have some example pics to share here?

Steve I don't have heat experience but I can tell you that development color as b&w is also important

as I develop color myself since 3 years now. If you don't dev yourself give your roll to a good lab...

and as you have a digital M240 just for comparison I think memory cards are also expensive when

you increase in GB like Sandisk brand

For film if you like faithful colors take in example Kodak Portra one of the best films currently

Best

Henry

• Like 1

Last one for today ... Grand Tetons in Kodachrome with a Canon F1N , don't remember the lens .... I do miss this film ...

Superb color and lanscape Steve

can't resist a personal one .... Kodachrome yet again ... my two sons in late 1987 .... the blonde one just became a dad and the little guy just got married -- and I look exactly the same!!! HAH!!!!!!

Cutty and superb picture Steve

Best

Henry