I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

a lane in Melbourne, Australia - taken with the Hexar AF - I'm sorry I cannot remember the film, but I suspect Fuji Superia

Dan

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/uploads/gallery/album_5760/gallery_13484_5760_56103.jpg

I've been all over the place attempting to post this image - even opened an album on this site - any advice (point me to a thread - i have tried hard to find one) on how to post images would be appreciated.  Used to do this from Photobucket.  Now trying the BB code from my gallery on this forum: AHA! success!

gallery_13484_5760_56103.jpg

Edited by kalkadan
  • Like 17

As Mike (Mikemgb) indicated, we had a lovely walk together in NYC last Tuesday.  It was interesting b/c we serendiptiously were both shooting with the same 50 DR cron lens.  He used Tri-X (and I think HP5 if I'm not mistaken) and I shot with the Cinestill XX B&W film.  

My results are streaming in.  Here's one: a construction worker from Lower Manhattan

Cinestill XX, 50 DR cron, M-A

attachicon.gifNYC by Adam Miller.jpg

Well done Adam

Henry

• Like 1

Mike very nice color in this picture.....

for your scratch look at my post

One from the first roll through my latest toy.

Abandoned grain elevator, Arkansas. Pentax 67, Takumar 45mm, Ektar 100.

attachicon.gifSheet080_005.jpg

The scratches in the corner are actually on the ANR glass I just bought and used for the first time tonight, I will be returning this particular piece.

For the curving film, the Kodak TX or other brands bend a little but if you leave

in the folder they become flat. The Nikon or Epson V700 Frame
makes the film less curved and the ANR glass  makes it completely flat
I never had any scratches with the ANR of BetterScanning , if it hangs take some

fine glass paper and polish a little

Best

Henry

Best

Henry

Nikon F3 / 55mm 1.2 / Kentmere pushed 2 stops. 

tumblr_p1sy2hHTHc1vjphu4o1_540.jpg

Patrick a great  picture

a few more from London, April 1984 -- Covent Garden has changed, all Kodachrome, scanned with my plustek 8200i and pp in Capture One 11 --

Steve I have some pictures of this place in 2015 with Portra

I'll post for you

Color is fine at this period

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 1

The crowd.... I must wait 3 turns to take this metro line

Paris Christmas 2017

Kodak TX400Isos-Leica MP-50 Summilux Asph

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Black of Kodak TX is very deep , have a nice aspect and not "smoothing"

Best

Henry

• Like 9

Advertisement (gone after registration)

a lane in Melbourne, Australia - taken with the Hexar AF - I'm sorry I cannot remember the film, but I suspect Fuji Superia

Dan

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/uploads/gallery/album_5760/gallery_13484_5760_56103.jpg

I've been all over the place attempting to post this image - even opened an album on this site - any advice (point me to a thread - i have tried hard to find one) on how to post images would be appreciated.  Used to do this from Photobucket.  Now trying the BB code from my gallery on this forum:

Yes may be Fuji with this fine color Dan

Best

Henry

You mean you cannot post this photo here on LF ?

continue to post nice black of Kodak TX400 one of the best b&w fim of Kodak IMHO

Bizou ... means "Kiss" :)

Eastern Station

Paris Christmas 2017

Kodak TX400 (dev in Ilfotech HC)

Leica MP-50 Summilux Asph

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 13

Henry - thank you - I think I have figured it out: I upload a photo to my gallery/album on Leica forum, then I copy and paste the "BB code" into my message, and bingo - it appears.

This is another from the Hexar AF - taken at Kirra Beach, Gold Coast, Australia - late on a summer day - we get these huge cumulus clouds

gallery_13484_5760_150671.jpg

• Like 19

Dan

I've been all over the place attempting to post this image - even opened an album on this site - any advice (point me to a thread - i have tried hard to find one) on how to post images would be appreciated.  Used to do this from Photobucket.  Now trying the BB code from my gallery on this forum: AHA! success!

Nice colour catch
  • Like 1

on the road DK

• Like 17

small town DK

• Like 14

Yesterday M 2 with coll Elmar Agfa APX 100 / rod  1/ 25

Edited by becker
  • Like 14

a few more from London, April 1984 -- Covent Garden has changed, all Kodachrome, scanned with my plustek 8200i and pp in Capture One 11 --

What a dreary pisshole London could be in the 1980s. That said, I guess like New York in the 1970s, it had a certain charm and I rather miss those less pretentious times.

and Big Ben under wraps -- a big disappointment for me, as this was the first time I was in London and wanted to see Big Ben in all its glory ...

It's partly under wraps (at least scaffolding) again and will be for a few more years.

• Like 5

Henry - thank you - I think I have figured it out: I upload a photo to my gallery/album on Leica forum, then I copy and paste the "BB code" into my message, and bingo - it appears.

This is another from the Hexar AF - taken at Kirra Beach, Gold Coast, Australia - late on a summer day - we get these huge cumulus clouds

gallery_13484_5760_150671.jpg

Super Dan , color and landscape

Best

Henry

• Like 2

It's been a while since I was active in the thread. Good to see the doc back and some of the new contributors. I haven't had any film developed since my last batch in November. Here's one from that batch for Henry. Not sheep but cows. 28 Summaron and BW400cn. incidentally, I've walked through countless fields of cows over the years – including past some ugly looking bulls – and never felt remotely fazed. However, this benign looking herd were anything but. The cow in the middle of the frame was already eyeballing me from some distance and as I approached closely via the well worn path, the herd immediately closed in and tried to surround me. A few were jumping and snorting as they tried to outflank me and I was rather glad to get to the gate. I must admit I began to think about incidents like this one and stats like these. :o  

25557866178_09ceccb7f8_b.jpg

Edited by wattsy
  • Like 16