I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Wayne:

Nice photograph. Excellent. Are they using different processing at the lab? For some reason, this one appears, to me, more like the Agfa Vista 400/200 than the Portra. I really like the Agfa Vista films.........Still mourning their passing. :)

Best,

Wayne

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Kleinkamera:

Really like these street photos, Adam. That Portra 400 has such a different look to the 160, which I have used a lot. Of course, the old lenses I use will tend to mute down any color film but I may have to give the 400 a try.

James

Come on guys! Who talks about Portra 400/160 or Agfa Vista 400/200 when you see such a beautiful face?😉😉 You are really hardcore film enthusiasts!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My snowboard:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Ricoh GR1 - Ilford Delta 3200

And for comparison a shot from 2018:

Leica Minilux - Fuji Superia 100

• Like 19

4 hours ago, Wayne said:

Orphan Minox negs:

I had a hard time choosing between the two; finally gave up. She must be the daughter of the woman in my previous entry, "some folks."

In one sense it feels a bit awkward putting these up. In another, some of them are so good, I hope family may somehow see them.

These are quite nice, indeed. Hopefully, one or more of the pictures will provide some clue as to where these people lived (distinctive business sign, building, historical landmark, etc). From the vehicles we can see the time period seems to be 1960s, perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, christoph_d said:

Phil,

Your photo brings back memories from my trip through Tasmania, and yes, we too came across a lot of wildlife. Ours though was predominantly dead, either flattened into oblivion on the tarmac, or lying bloated by the wayside, picked upon by birds. I honestly have never seen so many roadkills... a sad sight. 

The landscape though is stunning and there are many items to delight the eye of the observer

M4-P, 28(?), Rollei IR 400

This is lovely.  This kind of deep woods picture is often so complex that it come off as a jumble with no point of interest. Not so here. A fine picture. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kleinkamera said:

These are quite nice, indeed. Hopefully, one or more of the pictures will provide some clue as to where these people lived (distinctive business sign, building, historical landmark, etc). From the vehicles we can see the time period seems to be 1960s, perhaps?

I would say they are/were a family, likely of Portuguese provenance, with some roots in Brazil. Many of the photos are taken in USA; so, they may have finally immigrated to USA.

12 hours ago, stray cat said:

Here's another example, Rog:

Hobart 2016

Contax G2, 45mm Planar, Velvia 50

Another pure "less is more," courtesy of Van Der Rohe, and the construction crew: Albers, Mondrian, Newman, Still, Rothko, McLaughlin, Stella, Richter, Bell, Frankenthaler, Motherwell, and linchpin thinkers that includes Saussure, Greenberg, and Derrida, not forgetting Beckett and Kafka for innovation and audacity. Why so many painters in this constellation when I haven't mentioned so many stars in photography. As we have discussed and probably could well emphasize, the genesis of the marriage of art and photography is one of the hallmarks of Vermeer and his use of camera obscura. Your "Hobart 2016" kickstarts not just the minimalist/colorist conversation, but is a reminder of the 17th century perspective boxes, only your 21st century box remains unopened. Is this a portable construction office with the side door? The primary palette is so seductive, whispering, "You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me!" Yes, clicks Contax G2. Don't we just love the red/white perspective square flanked by two triangular shapes of the shed and the folded umbrella, center composition offset by the shadow. Not to mention the two little red squares in the corrugated steel, an Albers footnote. Just so cool!

BTW "On the Green Diptych" is actually nothing more than stucco wall, not astro turf, but it looks like astro turf, hence the name "On the Green." It's that magical Color Implosion mega-grain from ADOX. Thanks so much for your comments!

Cheers,
Rog

• Like 3

at rest by JM__, on Flickr

Cinestill 50D - M3 - 50mm

A couple posing in the Japanese Garden here in town.

Flickr
TTL 90 E-M Superia 200 (EI100) X1
  • Like 16

Ponte Punta Penna Pizzone of Taranto. We don't really have a Brooklyn bridge here.

M3, Summicron 50, HP5

20190209-DSC02217 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

• Like 16

Let's go to the museum! My five-year-old told me one weekend last summer that she wanted to show me the Mondrian collection at the Gemeente Museum here in The Hague. I of course brought a camera and shot both in that part of the museum and other stuff. All pictures with the Minox 35GT on Portra 160 and scanned with the X1.

Kicking off with one of Mondrian's most well-known paintings, Victory Boogie Woogie (1944) and two of his earlier works, The red cloud (1907) and Forest near Oele (1908).

Flickr

Flickr
  • Like 15