I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, christoph_d said:

It was quite dark, 100 ASA wasn't really enough, and she was lively moving while we were talking. Predictably the result isn't particularly sharp, but for me at least, I caught something of here character. Busker girl. 

M5, 2.8/40, Polypan@100

Christoph - I agree totally with Steve. In fact I think this illustrates very well something crucial - that making the most of what we have to hand can often make the difference between a very good picture and a great one - as this undoubtedly is.. The softness and the slight feeling of nervous energy in motion - to me at least - speak volumes about this fascinating person. One of your best - I wouldn't change a thing.

Edited by stray cat
  • Thanks 2

More Amsterdam.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Flickr

Flickr

• Like 13

Twins
M-A APO 50mm & Macro-Elmar-M
ADOX Color Implosion & E100

Edited by Ernest
(re)post
  • Like 15

Twins V

I got my head turned around upside down, so silly I'm dizzy. Tried to repost it, but not in this universe. I think I like this one better, but then there's always vertical. That's the serendipity of color play. What's up can be down.

Edited by Ernest
reality
  • Like 14

Rog, you're in Interstellar Overdrive here. I see the blue spaces as deep space, although they could also be a metaphor for the ocean, the sky - any color you like. But there IS the sky there, too - taken from an aeroplane over the sea just after sunrise? Then there is the green earth, the Australian red earth of which those of us downunder are increasingly familiar (or is it the color of life on Mars?) - all of these things cleverly executed in such a way as there is NO definitive interpretation, leaving the viewer's mind to deconstruct and reconstruct according to each's own fancy. But most of all they are beautiful - sagacious and visceral. The illegitimate love children of HAL and Alpha 60. We should be queuing early Pink Floyd on the turntable here - the aforementioned IO or Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun.

Edited by stray cat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, philipus said:

This is really cool Wayne. A boyhood dream to have a flying wedge thing and fly into the sky. What is it?

Thanks. It is outside of the public library in Batesville, Indiana. I thought it a great piece......In a perfect location. All the kids pass by as they enter the library.

If you are about four feet tall, this is angle it appears to you as you head inside for a book. :)

Best,

Wayne

Edited by Wayne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stray cat said:

Rog, you're in Interstellar Overdrive here. I see the blue spaces as deep space, although they could also be a metaphor for the ocean, the sky - any color you like. But there IS the sky there, too - taken from an aeroplane over the sea just after sunrise? Then there is the green earth, the Australian red earth of which those of us downunder are increasingly familiar (or is it the color of life on Mars?) - all of these things cleverly executed in such a way as there is NO definitive interpretation, leaving the viewer's mind to deconstruct and reconstruct according to each's own fancy. But most of all they are beautiful - sagacious and visceral. The illegitimate love children of HAL and Alpha 60. We should be queuing early Pink Floyd on the turntable here - the aforementioned IO or Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun.

Yes,  applause for your idea to set our photographic work to a soundtrack! So I punch up Pink Floyd’s Saucerful of Secrets and flash back to the 60's acid rock assault. Don’t even need the AR turntable or vinyl, today.  Apple play. Pink Floyd, Tangerine Dream, John Fahey, Charlie Musselwhite, Stones, Stockhausen, Byrds, et al. Flashing back, Pink Floyd + Zabriskie Point +  Antonioni.  Interstellar Overdrive, yes!  Marketing opportunity: Wright Analog Tracks.  Love how you flay the layers of the walls, parsing colors and visions.  Of course, they are all wall shots, save one paper bag pic. Sea just after sunrise? I think so, too, but it is just a wall. 

And you say, “there is NO definitive interpretation, leaving the viewer's mind to deconstruct and reconstruct according to each's own fancy,” so right on, scary good.

The backlog of audio in your brain is scary good.  Thanks for your laser read on my playtime. 

Cheers, Rog 🎬 

Edited by Ernest
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

For purpose of obtaining original Minox negative sleeves, purchased some old negatives packaged in same. Believe I have stumbled on proof, Minox....not Iphone....is source of the concept "selfie." :)

Edited by Wayne
  • Like 15

20 hours ago, JMF said:

Thanks James, 

I like it so much I bought a second one ! 

Museu de Arte Contemporânea, Niteroi, Brazil by JM__, on Flickr

Museu de Arte Contemporânea, Niteroi, Brazil by JM__, on Flickr

Cheers, Jean-Marc.

All of your images of the museum are just stunning!

The stables at Dyrham Park (NT).  Dimly lit so taken at f2.8 and a ridiculously slow shutter speed, hand-held - H500C, 80mm Planar, Portra 400.

• Like 15

Ilford FP4.

Melbourne Exhibition Centre

• Like 14

On 2/1/2019 at 12:12 AM, benqui said:

First time that I used the Cinestill 800 for a daylight portrait shooting. I I have to say that I like it a lot! With M4 and Apo 50

Für mich eines Deiner besten Bilder - Zigarette, blond, überlegen, weiblich. Und Du hast genau den richtigen Moment getroffen, der alles zu einer coolen Komposition zusammenführt. Bravo!

LG, Shlomo.

• Like 5

Twin Construct

Another color field study with the Twins palette. This is a double obelisk installation 15' in height. Maybe, a Larry Sultan-style billboard, Oranges on Fire, on Sunset Boulevard? I have some swamp real estate in Florida to sell, also. Ha, ha. Thanks to Phil for cluing me in to Sultan's photographs, a welcome diversion from Starbucks breaks. I am thinking of a Tangerine Dream soundtrack and Tarkovsky's Polaroids.

• Like 9

18 hours ago, stray cat said:

The illegitimate love children of HAL and Alpha 60

Now we're talking, mapping it out somewhere between Kubrick and Godard, perhaps with a rest stop at Tarkovsky's. "Illegitate" love children has such a rogue patina--marching orders for color fields. All the Wright moves. Sorry, I'm sure you heard that cliché a gazillion times.

Cheers,
Rog

BTW Twins Construct is paper, steel, and stucco.

Edited by Ernest
Afterthought
  • Like 1

My pseudo X-Pan fun continues. Almost one of them things Rog specializes in.

503CXi with CF50.

Agfa Vista 200

Gary

• Like 19

Leica M2 - Summicron 2/90 - Silvermax100 in Rodinal

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Shlomo:

Für mich eines Deiner besten Bilder - Zigarette, blond, überlegen, weiblich. Und Du hast genau den richtigen Moment getroffen, der alles zu einer coolen Komposition zusammenführt. Bravo!

LG, Shlomo

Vielen Dank Shlomo! Es freut mich sehr, daß Dir das Bild gefällt. Ich hatte auch selten so viel Spaß beim Fotografieren!

Viele Grüße

Marc

• Like 2