Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

On 1/28/2019 at 8:59 AM, Doc Henry said:

Christoph very nice b&w picture . Is it in Paris Jardin Palais Royal ?

Best   H

Hi Henry,

I am sure you can pinpoint the location of the following picture as well!

M5, 50, Kodak double X

Rgds

Christoph

On 1/29/2019 at 10:05 PM, benqui said:

M6, Apo 50mm, Portra 400

:) Nice photo benqui, Like how the colors convey the Moody effect.  This lens is very special on digital and this is my first photo seen on Negative.

On 1/29/2019 at 8:36 AM, philipus said:

On 1/29/2019 at 12:43 PM, MattiR said:

Summer 2017, Porvoo, Finland

Hasselblad 503cx, Sonnar 150mm, Fomapan 400

Lovely moment of the walk here and good overall details. 

On 1/30/2019 at 12:13 AM, Ernest said:

Venetian Blinded Triptych
M-A APO 50mm ADOX Color Implosion & E100

:) Nice one Earnest, Very nice eye to find great farming..... 

On 1/28/2019 at 5:23 PM, joergel said:

Leica M6 - MS-Optical Perar 4/28 - Ektar100

Imaginary dreaming colors well captured into a wet day .

On 1/28/2019 at 6:27 PM, Canonier said:

Mamiya 645 AF, AF 2,8/80mm, Fuji NPS 160, Scan by myfilmlab.de

Not everyone will see this image. 

On 1/28/2019 at 6:32 PM, Sparkassenkunde said:

Waves once more:

Rollei Prego micron - Konica 200

Lovey subtle effect keeps this image on the strong side of framing a photo with color. :)

On 1/28/2019 at 7:30 PM, atournas said:

Kew Gardens, London, in early 90s, Kodak Gold 400 ASA.

Paul

This reminds me fo the Kodak chrome colors. Lovely :)  

On 1/28/2019 at 7:58 PM, Matisse said:

Hindu wedding, Malaysia

Leica M 3, Elmar 50,  Ektachrome 64

This is a very colorful documentary in time well recorded. Matisse Very well feeing of the moment :)

On 1/28/2019 at 8:47 PM, gbealnz said:

Some more Ektar in HK.

Gary

Very nice clours to show environmental architecture.  gbealiz very nice work :)

Edited by Cyril Jayant

3 hours ago, sixteen pads said:

2 weeks ago , quite on a whim I bought the final Barnack, the IIIg. Not expecting much but excited none the less I waited for the package to arrive. The camera arrived, beautiful and with what felt very little "life" use. I went out the next day to proceed with my traditional test roll. At first the dual finder situation felt weird and very new, but as the roll went I started feeling quite at home with this so simple and classic design. I shot the roll with my usually stored away 50mm f2 collapsible Summar which sort of had waited all his life at my home to be put on the IIIG cause I had never shown it enough attention or love. 

Long story short, I processed the roll yesterday and scanned at night. I must say I was very happy how it turned out. I almost feel the framing of the shots is more on point that wth my other Leicas, maybe I was giving it more attention when working its RF. Focus usually spot on. Mechanical operation super smooth. I am sold !

Attached are some of the images from the test roll. Sorry for the amount of shots but I am just happy with a lot of them. And I thought I would share. 

How has your experience been with the Barnacks compared to the M's ? 
Thanks for reading!. 

I love using my Barnacks! To the point that I am completely ignoring my M2. There's something about the mechanical feel and how you have to interact with the camera. The Ms are certainly more advanced and quicker to shoot.

I love the way the Summars renders in color. Very dreamy. Nice!

4 hours ago, sixteen pads said:

2 weeks ago , quite on a whim I bought the final Barnack, the IIIg. Not expecting much but excited none the less I waited for the package to arrive. The camera arrived, beautiful and with what felt very little "life" use. I went out the next day to proceed with my traditional test roll. At first the dual finder situation felt weird and very new, but as the roll went I started feeling quite at home with this so simple and classic design. I shot the roll with my usually stored away 50mm f2 collapsible Summar which sort of had waited all his life at my home to be put on the IIIG cause I had never shown it enough attention or love. 

Long story short, I processed the roll yesterday and scanned at night. I must say I was very happy how it turned out. I almost feel the framing of the shots is more on point that wth my other Leicas, maybe I was giving it more attention when working its RF. Focus usually spot on. Mechanical operation super smooth. I am sold !

Attached are some of the images from the test roll. Sorry for the amount of shots but I am just happy with a lot of them. And I thought I would share. 

Thanks for reading!.

Enjoy the Barnack, they are lovely, I've been tempted myself a few times.

There is a specific thread if you haven't already seen it, fellow convertees.

Gary

23 hours ago, Ernest said:

Fossil Window Triptych
M-A APO 50mm E100

What a way of framing Ernest ...:) absolutely colorful.   

Edited by Cyril Jayant

6 hours ago, sixteen pads said:

Thanks for reading!. 

Really terrific and very atmospheric shots, Pat. The above ones are my favourites. The palette is just divine, I think. Very nice indeed. I have a Leica II which I really enjoy. I initially felt the same re the window operation but quite quickly got used to it. And at least on mine I have found that the rangefinder window corresponds pretty well to the view of a 9cm lens so that's handy too. Overall it's such a tiny and capable package that I sometimes wonder why I carry an M.

For all Barnack fans there's also this thread, which, I should warn, is dangerous. It's easy to waste away heaps of time looking at the pictures.

5 hours ago, Cyril Jayant said:

Good to be back here,

This is an image from my  Archives of Vanicien Carnival, Photo shot on a Blad 203Fe / 150mm Sonnar / Tri-X 400 Home developed. 

A delightful portrait Cyril.

4 hours ago, christoph_d said:

Hi Henry,

M5, 50, Kodak double X

Rgds

Christoph

I don't know where it is but it's a nice photo.

2 hours ago, Ernest said:

Squared Away
M-A APO 50mm & Thambar--M
ADOX Color Implosion & E100

Four takes on common color fields.

To quote Calvin, Oh boy, oh boy! Excellent. I really like these bright fields.

Edited by philipus

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Cyril Jayant:

Nice photo benqui, Like how the colors convey the Moody effect.  This lens is very special on digital and this is my first photo seen on Negative.

I am glad that you like it Cyril!

23 hours ago, A miller said:

NYC

Ektachrome (pushed) 🕵️‍♀️

M-A, 28 elmarit pre-asph

Mystic regard and well-arranged lighting to be a very intriguing image, Adam . Bravo :)

20 hours ago, Ko.Fe. said:

Canon EOS 300 with 16-35L. 8x10 print.

ko.Fe fantastic capture :)

54 minutes ago, benqui said:

First time that I used the Cinestill 800 for a daylight portrait shooting. I I have to say that I like it a lot! With M4 and Apo 50

Love this picture.

I'm normally put off by smoking, and smokers, but... 😉

On 1/28/2019 at 2:58 AM, Calin said:

The biggest tree i've seen.

I broke my tripod and i could not find one in Maui to held the M645 so is not quit sharp habd held.

Ektar M645/45mm

Love the composing and colors and the sharpness here is at the best not to dominate or distraction to the Eyes. Does  it need more sharpness is again a personal preference to me in this photo?  

10 hours ago, philipus said:

Soon Valentine's Day so here's a rose :)

Flickr
55/2.8 Micro-Nikkor Gold 200 X1

Beautiful, Philip.  Fantastic red!

9 hours ago, sixteen pads said:

Thanks for reading!. 

I adore my IIIg, Patrick, other than in the acutely cold weather as the reloading can be painful. :)  

Some of my best images have been taken with that camera.  If you think the 50 is nifty, get a 28 summaron and an external 28mm VF and you'll have the most compact and fast rangefinder that ever existed.  

Love your images, they have your signature cinematic feel, and I called the Color plus :)

8 hours ago, Cyril Jayant said:

Good to be back here,

This is an image from my  Archives of Vanicien Carnival, Photo shot on a Blad 203Fe / 150mm Sonnar / Tri-X 400 Home developed. 

wow, this is STELLER!!  Congrats, Cyril!

7 hours ago, Cyril Jayant said:

London, Regent-street on Panoramic View

Tri-X 400 shot on an Xpan-2 /  49mm 

Really love this, Cyril!  

7 hours ago, christoph_d said:

Hi Henry,

M5, 50, Kodak double X

Rgds

Christoph

Awesome, Christoph!  love the choice of film.

5 hours ago, Cyril Jayant said:

Paris on a rainy day. Home printed Silver gelatine Print. M6 35mm Aps Summicron / Tri-X 400 film.  

Another cracker - you are on fire today! :)

1 hour ago, benqui said:

First time that I used the Cinestill 800 for a daylight portrait shooting. I I have to say that I like it a lot! With M4 and Apo 50

PERFECT, Marc.  Very uncharacteristically Cinestill 800 in my experience.  But perfectly balanced and classic.  Amazing.

10 minutes ago, Cyril Jayant said:

Mystic regard and well-arranged lighting to be a very intriguing image, Adam . Bravo :)

Thanks, Cyril!!

Look what we had yesterday for about 30 minutes - it was called the POLAR VORTEX - and I was in it and shot a roll....😛

To be continued... 

7 minutes ago, A miller said:

Look what we had yesterday for about 30 minutes - it was called the POLAR VORTEX - and I was in it and shot a roll....😛

To be continued... 

Surprises and suspense .. COMING SOON... 🙃