I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

14 hours ago, Ernest said:

Orange You Glad Triptych
M-A APO 50mm E100

An exercise with just walls and a store window. Maybe a bit boring, but it's quiet.

Not sure how I missed this one, Rog.  Very cool cluster of shapes and colors, which work very well together.  

13 hours ago, stray cat said:

workbench 2019

M6TTL, 28mm Elmarit, Adox Silvermax 100

Very nice, Phil.  It is good to see people actually working and making stuff.  We need more of that - and less robots! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2019 at 10:29 AM, A miller said:

One from our 30 minute vortex blizzard this past Thursday 😁 vs 🤨

NYC

Portra 400 

M7, 28 elmarit pre-asph

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I was in London, so I missed it (thankfully!!!! they were whinging about 32 degree weather!) ..... I see you are soooooo happy to have us in for a spate of miserable weather 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just now, sblitz said:

I was in London, so I missed it (thankfully!!!! they were whinging about 32 degree weather!) ..... I see you are soooooo happy to have us in for a spate of miserable weather 🙂

LOL, it was the best of both worlds - it lasted only 30 minutes enough for me to shoot a roll and christen my 7th season, and then it was gone and like it never happened.  Very surreal!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dto.

• Like 15

On 1/31/2019 at 6:12 PM, benqui said:

First time that I used the Cinestill 800 for a daylight portrait shooting. I I have to say that I like it a lot! With M4 and Apo 50

as long as there are no red lights around for the halo effect 🙂 .... did you use a daylight balancing filter for this shot or did you adjust in the computer? I have found cinestill with the filter and shot at 500 very rich

Nobody in Rome.  [Portra 400]

• Like 14

5 hours ago, Kleinkamera said:

Juggler, Denver CO

IIIf / Summicron 90

Wow, just wow. Don't tell me this was the only frame you took. In that case you're my Barnack hero :)

3 hours ago, Steve Ricoh said:

Ultramax 400, M6 35 f/2

Love this one Steve. It really makes the eyes do a somersault halfway down when the reflection shows up, a what the heck is this sort of picture which I enjoy so much.

2 hours ago, leitna said:

TMY - Xtol  - Contax 645

I was going to write that I prefer this one when I saw the one just below. Both are terrific slices of a wintry landscape. For sheer graphic the second one is, for me, stronger with a clearer focus on the branches and their individual shapes. But both are very well done, including the delightful tones across the scale.

2 hours ago, mdachs said:

m4-2 summicron90 1/II hp5+ @1600

Rgds.

Joachim

This is an intriguing photo Joachim. Is it a man or a woman sawing, and what is being sawed?

24 minutes ago, Suede said:

Nobody in Rome.  [Portra 400]

That is a difficult find in that city. Very nicely executed and the colours are lovely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Something a little bit more abstract from me this time.

Flickr
50/1.8 Velvia 100 X1
  • Like 17

vor 24 Minuten schrieb philipus:

This is an intriguing photo Joachim. Is it a man or a woman sawing, and what is being sawed?

Thank you. She is my new, well talented apprentice, 18 years old. She is the ninth of nine children of a baptist family. They themselves don't wear any jewellery, not even wedding rings and I'm very curious, if she will do sometime. She produces a setting in gold, a frame for a rough diamond cube. A normal step in her apprenticeship.

Regards

Joachim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Kleinkamera said:

Grapevine Bar, Dallas, Texas c. 2004

M6 TTL / Summicron 35 / Tri-X

James

Beautiful lighting James.:)

On 2/2/2019 at 4:03 AM, stray cat said:

Carnival 2019

M2, 50mm collapsible Elmar (from 1965), Adox Silverfast 100

Stray ca,t very nice framing 😁

On 2/2/2019 at 7:37 AM, philipus said:

I know there are a few petrol heads among us (Eoin, are you back from your trip?) so here's one for you, again from Fårö last summer (same roll as earlier, with the 55 Micro).

Flickr

I love how you have framed the photo to a " living history " in real time. 😊

On 2/2/2019 at 11:29 AM, joergel said:

😊

Leica M6 - Summicron 2/50 - Koadcolor Gold 200

Joergel,  Very nice composition in this 

On 2/2/2019 at 1:07 PM, MattiR said:

Fuji GSW690 II 65mm f/5.6, Kodak Tri-X 400

Beautiful Monochrome well composed and processed. It is lovely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Paris marathon on the Streets of Paris.

One of my favorite events in Paris. It was a great challenge to photograph this as it involves thousands of runners. I never succeeded photographing it so I had decided to see how the moment of them get into the film. So in the end, I had a very few shots like this. 

M6/ 35mm Summicron/ Tri-x 400 home developped.

• Like 17

vor 21 Stunden schrieb stray cat:

This is just fantastic, Marc - that softness of film working very much in favor of the model. It would have had a vastly different feel in digital.

Thank you very much Phil! I also like the effects of film for portraits. It is a joy to shoot analog in these cases.

vor 21 Stunden schrieb A miller:

STUNNING, Marc!  Each one is better than the next.  This one has so many things to love.  The model, grain, contrast, POV, how you directed her to such a pose.  I am so happy that you have dedicated yourself to all-film.  I think it will give you that distinguishing edge that should, if marketed right, make you a magnet for beautiful models all over the world who will want you to shoot them.

Ohhh Adam you can read my thoughts!! Sounds very good to me to shoot with beautiful models all over the world. But there is an institution which could stop our beauty project: I think the correct englisch word for it is "wife"😉😉

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Steve Ricoh:

I'm not really keen on tattoos and consider it to be disfigurement of the skin - there are exceptions, however. 😉

Lovely photograph of a gorgeous model!

PS Is she single?

Glad you like it Steve. Do not want to dissapoint you but she isn't single anymore😓

vor 4 Stunden schrieb sblitz:

as long as there are no red lights around for the halo effect 🙂 .... did you use a daylight balancing filter for this shot or did you adjust in the computer? I have found cinestill with the filter and shot at 500 very rich

I did not use any filter at all and I did not have to do any complex adjustments at the computer. I will see to find another one with cinestill in the original version.

• Like 4