Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

11 hours ago, gbealnz said:

You're getting some great mileage out of that Micro-Nikkor Philip. Time for me to find you a cost effective 20mm I suspect.

Gary

Thanks Gary, it's one of my favourite lenses for the Nikon. I ought to get meself a tube for it though so I get 1:1. Do let me know if you spot a 20mm as I wouldn't mind getting wider :)

9 hours ago, Cyril Jayant said:

This is another photo from a different perspective In positive Film. This is" La Valle Blanche" Chamonix - Mont Blanc. Although this place looks so wonderful and gorgeous the truth is it is one of the most dangerous places to hike or to do "SKY RANDONNER" and all people engaged in this walk they know they are playing a deadly game. 

My first shooting was quite disappointing as most of the films I shot failed due to the light reading go in the cameras got wrong. Then I had to use a handheld meter in manual and to learn how to compensate all lighting due to the brightly lit snow with. The lighting change amazingly on the mountain. 

The film used was Kodak Ektachrome E  and Blad / 150mm and 80mm Sonnar. 

Also very dramatic in an Ice Station Zebra kind of way due to the colours. It reminds me of this review of the new Ektachrome I read yesterday where it is claimed that the new film lacks colour cast.

2 hours ago, Ernest said:

Notation Tab Polyptych
M-A APO 50mm E100

This is really cool Rog, like the sunrise over a Cubist mountain.

23 minutes ago, MarkP said:

Contax T3,  BW400CN

WOW Mark, just wow. Truly playing tricks with the eyes. What a fantastic photo.

13 hours ago, benqui said:

Cyril, this is one of the most amazing landscape photos which I have seen here in this forum. Really breathtaking! One of the photos which remains in my brain!

Thank you benqui, 😀 for your kind comments and I very much appreciate all your admirations and I am glad you like this photo. Thank you again for the great welcome to be part of the share in this photography community that I missed for a reason for so long even though I was very busy on other concepts of photo community. Great to be here to learn more about films.

19 hours ago, Cyril Jayant said:

This photo is from a series from some of my crazy, extreme photo adventures I  had photographing Mountains "Alpinists " and rock climbers. This is Alpes mountain range which is called   "Le Massive du Mont Blanc", Haût Savoir region  In France.  And this place is a White valley ( La Vallee Blanche - Chamonix ) the most beautiful region You must visit. I was very brave enough to carry my Medium format two lenses/ meters/ and a Canon EOS and a 50mm, a lot of films No tripod/ It is crazy when I think about it now. I get arthritis now.🙄  also, this photo has gone a long way and published several times and won some places in the photo publish and open the opportunity to show my motivation and enthusiasm. I am glad to share my commitment to analog photography here as we all share the same passion and unique mindset in this classic photo aspect. Enjoy the negative Photography. It is not dead at all.😀  Photo was taken during 1998- 1999 as I worked two years when I did this project.       Blad / 150mm Sonnar/ tri-x Home developed / Scanned on Imacon Blad scanner.              

This is an extraordinary photograph and it’ll keep coming back to it. I would die happy if I’d taken it 🙂

I rarely was lyrical about photos but will do so here.

Apart from its perfect composition and technical quality, the snow and mountain scenery is breathtaking, there is great drama in B&W and the line of tiny climbers reinforces the insignificance of man in such a hostile environment, as well as the feat of entering such a dangerous place....and appreciating how crazy they all are to be there 😁, but then you would  never have otherwise gotten  the photo.

I would love it framed on my office wall. 

I agree with all of the other comments.

Edited by MarkP

14 hours ago, A miller said:

Back to "my people"...and some red for Henry 😍 from Portra 400 ♥️ (pushed for @sblitz ♥️)

NYC

M3, 28mm summaron

Red is red and beautiful red Adam ... and I like the look of this lady

Thank you 

Best H

9 hours ago, philipus said:

Here are some simple autumnal colours from the Japanese Garden here in town, which is an excellent place for photography.

Flickr
55 Micro Velvia 100 X1

Superb color and picture Philip

Best H

12 hours ago, MarkP said:

Contax T3,  BW400CN

Good one, Mark.  Were you parachuting in?

On 1/15/2019 at 11:34 PM, benqui said:

M6, Tmax 3200 (exposing 1600), Apo 50

Lovely portrait Benquis, 😍 I love it because you did an unusual composition away from all conventional rules of thumbs or guide that always dominate our a photo making usual and sometimes uninteresting. The chosen side lighting has also well contributed the photo. well-done.  

On 1/16/2019 at 1:35 AM, PeterGA said:

Lovely Photo and I like the dramatic dark tone and This is exactly my taste. I also like to print and process photos to this effect. So I love it.😘

On 1/16/2019 at 3:31 AM, SunnySixteen said:

Snowy portrait with Cinestill 800. Interesting film indeed.

Sunny sixteen, 😃 Nice photo and I like how you have used the death of field. ( I don't like the word Bouquet ) 

On 1/16/2019 at 8:55 AM, philipus said:

Just a leaf held up against the sun.

Flickr
55 Micro Velvia 100 X1

Amazing Photo Philippus.