I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A tailor's atelier; on TMY.

Paul

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 15

Performers. TMY.

Paul

• Like 18

Tangled.

IIIc / Summaron 3.5/3.5 / Kentmere 400 / Xtol replenished

Edited by oldwino
Learn to spell...
  • Like 19

7 hours ago, Doc Henry said:

Congratulations Adam

" All images on this page: © Adam Miller
Equipment: Leica M3, Leica M7 with Elmarit-M 28 mm f/2.8, Summicron-M Dualrange 50 mm f/2, Leica SF-24D Speed Flash
"

A good point for Film and Leica Analog M7 Adam Thanks for reminding that Film is still alive

Best H

Thanks, Henry!!

6 hours ago, philipus said:

Buzzzy working. It's a pain to colour balance expired film.

Flickr
80 Planar+32E Portra 400VC (expired, EI100) X1

The efforts paid off, Philip.  That yellow is spot on.

6 hours ago, philipus said:

Congrats Adam. And imho a much better image selection than on Phoblographer.

Thanks, Philip.  I agree :) 

1 hour ago, AntonioF said:

An oak tree

Nikon F, Nikkor 50/1.4, Kodak Colorplus 200

20190121-DSC02115 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

This is really brilliant composition, Antonio.  Your color is as classic (and classy) as your B&W.

57 minutes ago, atournas said:

Town Heights alley. Too old an image, hopefully not a duplicate; probably on TMY.

Paul

Love this one, Paul.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

In the cave. TMY and f/2, 1/15 (I think) with an M6.

Paul

Edited by atournas
  • Like 16

Very good photos Paul. The first one is like a diptych almost, really messes with the eyes. And the second one is just wonderful. I wonder how many times I've photographed my daughter shooting with a camera. 

38 minutes ago, atournas said:

Stone quay, darkened on TMY.

Paul

31 minutes ago, atournas said:

Three photographers, only one film known (TMY).

Paul

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

vor 9 Stunden schrieb A miller:

I am scheduled to take over the LFI Instagram account this weekend during which I will be posting 4-6 of my images on their feed.  I probably will stick to the theme of blizzards and so if anyone has any personal favorites they'd like to suggest and help me curate that would be much appreciated!

Congrats Adam! A joy to read and a joy for everyone who loves analog photography!

vor 21 Stunden schrieb stray cat:

Sometimes, for me at least, a work appreciates over time, and this is one. The lighting is moody and appropriate to the subject, and there is an air of expectation - of what, I'm not exactly clear on, but that only adds to the mystery. And there is your model's exotic looks, plus that tear in the curtain, which suggests Hitchcock and adds even more to the noir-ish, 1940s Philip Marlow mysteriousness.

Thanks a lot Phil, I really appreciate it! It was my aim to create a look like in the old b/w movies from the 40ies and 50 ies ( Dashiell Hammett, Raymond Chandler) and I am very happy that you felt the same!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, philipus said:

Very good photos Paul. The first one is like a diptych almost, really messes with the eyes. And the second one is just wonderful. I wonder how many times I've photographed my daughter shooting with a camera. 

Thanks, Phil. I like that diptych-like one, too.

Paul

10 hours ago, A miller said:

I am still waiting for our first killer snow blizzard this year.  😴

In the meantime, I have just had an interview regarding my series published on the LFI blog:

https://lfi-online.de/ceemes/en/blog/adam-miller-winter-in-new-york-1789.html

Have a look! :)

I am scheduled to take over the LFI Instagram account this weekend during which I will be posting 4-6 of my images on their feed.  I probably will stick to the theme of blizzards and so if anyone has any personal favorites they'd like to suggest and help me curate that would be much appreciated!

Sincere congratulations, Adam! An excellent interview in which your passion for blizzography shines through clearly. The picture selection is, as has been noted, excellent. If I were a publisher reading this and looking at those pictures I'd be on the blower straight away offering megabucks. Just a thought - have you contacted Steidl with a proposal?

And the qualities of film should not be lost on readers, either. Both your words and the pictures themselves, beautifully reproduced (though it must be said nothing can compare to a whitewall print of at least one of those pictures that I know of!) attest to the beauty that film brings with it. I think as an advertisement for film, and perhaps as a persuader for some digital Leica photographers to maybe try film - this couldn't mount a stronger argument.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stray cat said:

Sincere congratulations, Adam! An excellent interview in which your passion for blizzography shines through clearly. The picture selection is, as has been noted, excellent. If I were a publisher reading this and looking at those pictures I'd be on the blower straight away offering megabucks. Just a thought - have you contacted Steidl with a proposal?

And the qualities of film should not be lost on readers, either. Both your words and the pictures themselves, beautifully reproduced (though it must be said nothing can compare to a whitewall print of at least one of those pictures that I know of!) attest to the beauty that film brings with it. I think as an advertisement for film, and perhaps as a persuader for some digital Leica photographers to maybe try film - this couldn't mount a stronger argument.

Thanks very much, Philip!!!!!!  Whoop whoop! 🎉

At your suggestion, I just sent a proposal to Steidl and received back an automated email indicating that they are rarely accepting new books these given their capacity constraint.  So it is probably a real long shot.

Any other top notch publishers of photo books come to mind?  

I really have no idea... 😂

• Like 2

14 hours ago, A miller said:

I am still waiting for our first killer snow blizzard this year.  😴

In the meantime, I have just had an interview regarding my series published on the LFI blog:

https://lfi-online.de/ceemes/en/blog/adam-miller-winter-in-new-york-1789.html

Have a look! :)

From a pure selfish standpoint, I can do without the blizzard this year even though there is nothing better than photographing in weather!!!!!!!  Sorry to be a killjoy 🙂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, benqui said:

Desert near Kerman, Iran

Hasselblad 500, Portra 400

Fantastic, Marc.  Really love that foreground 

5 hours ago, philipus said:

A while back I posted an arty-farty out of focus version of this scene from Tbilisi. Here's the more realistic view. This was shot from near the Narikala fortress up on a hill which has nice views of the centre. 

Flickr
80 Planar Ektar X1

Lots to look at here, Philip.  I don't know the city but it appears that you have captured a huge part of it.  I'll bet the full res version are filled with details galore.

7 minutes ago, sblitz said:

From a pure selfish standpoint, I can do without the blizzard this year even though there is nothing better than photographing in weather!!!!!!!  Sorry to be a killjoy 🙂

LOL!  Honestly, I was laid up with the flu all weekend and was praying that we wouldn't get the promised massive snow and miss out.  That's probably why the forecast flopped... 😇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2