I like film...(open thread)

2 hours ago, philipus said:

Liberty square, Tbilisi

Flickr
40/4 CFE+PC Mutar Ektar X1

Philip very nice  picture  , the color is superb and  nice dynamic effect

Best  H

12 hours ago, Calin said:

More from testing Ektachrome / lens Cosina C/Y 24mm not the best choice for portraits

Lovely shot Calin  and  nice skin color

Best H

Edited by Doc Henry

1 hour ago, }{B said:

Stranger on the shore

Blackpool 1996

Film - either KR64 or Fuji Sensia

Camera - either Leica M2 or M4P

Geometric line gives  nice perpective  and the walker adds a plus for your picture

Well done and nice color

Best H

9 hours ago, stray cat said:

For a couple of years my professional specialty was koalas. This one was easy to find - she and her baby were in our backyard:

Koala, Somers 1998

Nikon N8008, AF Nikkor 80-200 f2.8 IF-ED, Ilford FP4+

Fantastic portrait, Phil, really no matter what the film.  That cute bear has the perfect pose, as if s/he is "in the business" :)

3 hours ago, philipus said:

Liberty square, Tbilisi

Flickr
40/4 CFE+PC Mutar Ektar X1

Very nice motion captured, Philip.  Ektar is really a gem at night.  My only beef with it, though, is how it tends to render artificial (tungsten?) lighting with a greenish hue.  Perhaps some people like this, but I typically will reverse it out by sliding the green hue slider (in LR) all the way to the left, at least as a starting point, FWIW (please feel free to ignore!):

2 hours ago, }{B said:

Stranger on the shore

Blackpool 1996

Film - either KR64 or Fuji Sensia

Camera - either Leica M2 or M4P

Love the blues and grays in this!

24 minutes ago, sixteen pads said:

M4 / 28mm / expired Kodak

Doom:)

Wow, very eerie, Josh.  Especially the second - makes my stomach twist and turn :)

Edited by A miller

2 hours ago, A miller said:

Very nice motion captured, Philip.  Ektar is really a gem at night.  My only beef with it, though, is how it tends to render artificial (tungsten?) lighting with a greenish hue.  Perhaps some people like this, but I typically will reverse it out by sliding the green hue slider (in LR) all the way to the left, at least as a starting point, FWIW (please feel free to ignore!):

Thanks Adam, and no worries: I actually completely agree. It's a pain to correct anything lit by such lights because and they are literally e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e. at night. I much prefer Provia 400 for night photography but I didn't have any with me.

What pissed me off though with a few of the rolls I shot in Georgia is that there's a strange repeated pattern with weird "squares" in the dark sky areas. It's not visible when the sky blacks are crushed to look the black that the sky was but if one lightens the black it will be there. I'm wondering if it could be the backing paper because it's not from the scanner.