I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, erl said:

Too much interference!

Hasselblad 203FE + 40mm Distagon with HP5+. I tried holdng a "too small" red filter infront of the lens, see the vignette. I also fumbled tripping the shutter which didn't trip so I had to remove the magazine and unjam the system. Somehow I managed a light leak in the process. Pity. I could have liked the intended pic.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I like this - it's interesting. Without the "happy accident" incursions of the light leak and the vignetting, it's a nice shot of a tree. With, it becomes something altogether different and invites us to furnish our own interpretations. And "unjamming the system" with Hasselblads was something I really didn't enjoy about them!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Wayne said:

Zenit 1 SLR, Industar 3.5/50, Svema 32

Delightful Wayne. Snow is nowhere to be seen here in The Hague unfortunately. Wonderful tones and details across the range.

12 hours ago, steve kessel said:

HP5 @ ISO 1600

Perfect timing Steve, really nice. I have a feeling he bought that tie :)

12 hours ago, joergel said:

Leica M6 - Summicron 2/50 - Ektar100

I like this one, it's one of those pictures where you just feel "yes that's how it should be done". 

2 hours ago, erl said:

Too much interference!

Hasselblad 203FE + 40mm Distagon with HP5+. I tried holdng a "too small" red filter infront of the lens, see the vignette. I also fumbled tripping the shutter which didn't trip so I had to remove the magazine and unjam the system. Somehow I managed a light leak in the process. Pity. I could have liked the intended pic.

Well I think this one is pretty cool. Speaking of unjamming a Hasselblad, I'm surprised they didn't (or did they?) issue a special, likely very expensive, Hasselblad-branded tool to twist that little key in the lenses :D 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

vor 35 Minuten schrieb philipus:

I like this one, it's one of those pictures where you just feel "yes that's how it should be done". 

Thank you Phil. I took this photo on the island of Texel (NL). It's my favourite place to be on the seaside and of course I like taking photos like this one 😀

Regards Joerg

Leica M2 - Summicron 2/35 - FP4 in Microphen

10 hours ago, fotomas said:

What plane?

Amazing what you can do with green screen, today! I would like more of the look of imminent danger,  outright fear on those faces.  Way too nonchalant, such a casual cool. Loving it. Cut and print.

11 hours ago, stray cat said:

I like this - it's interesting. Without the "happy accident" incursions of the light leak and the vignetting, it's a nice shot of a tree. With, it becomes something altogether different and invites us to furnish our own interpretations. And "unjamming the system" with Hasselblads was something I really didn't enjoy about them!

I echo Phil’s applause for vignetting and light streaking!  Otherwise, it would have been just another bloody good Blad snap.  Jazz drum, here.   Because it was so noisy and a screw fell out of my lens, I traded my Blad in for a Rolleiflex 2.8F.  Nevertheless,  Blads are cool.  Here’s to light leaks.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, fotomas said:

What plane?

This one 1941 WACO biplane

2016 summer, portra 160 

Edited by Calin
wrong WB
  • Like 17

Two people in the front one god pilot at back.

2016 with my younger son and in 2018 with my older.

I will find an excuse to fly in those plains every time I am in Ottawa

• Like 18

14 hours ago, philipus said:

SNIP...

Well I think this one is pretty cool. Speaking of unjamming a Hasselblad, I'm surprised they didn't (or did they?) issue a special, likely very expensive, Hasselblad-branded tool to twist that little key in the lenses :D 

I ALWAYS carried a small coin in all my camera bags precisiely for re-cocking the lens when any un-synchronized event happened between the body and lens. In fairness to Hasselblad, I shot (still shoot) more than 20000 films with Hasselblad over the years and I reckon I could count on one hand (well maybe two) how many times I had a jam up. The one illustrated in an earlier post was caused by user error, not equipment failure. I still debate whether my favourite camera is a Hasselblad or a Leica!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1