Jump to content
Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, philipus said:

 


Flickr
80 Planar Ektar X1

Very nicely done outside of the box, Philip.  I like how the clouds are stratified in a formation that is parallel with the horizon and beach line.  Excellent colors, too.

7 hours ago, JMF said:

Great ITW Adam, well done, congrats !

Thanks, Jean-Marc :)

3 hours ago, joergel said:

Interesting interview, Adam. Now I have a little clue of your way taking these great photos. I think, they can be seen as your gift to the New York people.

Regards Joerg

Thanks, Joerg.  You make me laugh.  I can just see how the dialogue would go down:

Him - "Hey, what the f$ck did you just do that for, man?"

Me - "It's my gift to you, you ungrateful piece of sh$t!"

Him - "Go f$ck yourself!"

Me - "What's with you, calm down!  You looked really cool and interesting!  You're gonna thank me later!!!!!"

Him - "F$ck you!"

😭😭😭

 

 

3 hours ago, joergel said:

 

 

Leica R6 - Summicron-R 2/50 - TriX in D76

Philip indeed said it best.  It's the most wonderful image of two pipes that I have ever laid my eyes on.  It's piping brilliant!

3 hours ago, philipus said:

Congrats Adam, well done. I read the interview now. Terrific that you focused so much on the fact that you use film to such great effect. If I can be honest, though, I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't show your more in-their-face type of blizzard shots which are my favourites. That said all selected pictures are really good though. Keep up the good work.

Sincere thanks, Philip.  I was sure to give a lot of the guts of my film workflow and the logic behind using it.  I really feel that it is a secret weapon to getting good results.  Been getting an avalanche of interest in the workflow in the past 24 hours.  Perhaps I'll even be able to start my own film-flash-blizzard franchise 🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, leitna said:

3 sides of one place

 

 

Awesome.  Would make an excellent triptych hung in any home or office.

1 hour ago, AntonioF said:

More snow from the entrance of an old (kind of abandoned) villa

M6, Summicron 35 asph, HP5

 

20190106-DSC02055 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

Very cool, Antonio.  Contrast and symmetry galore.  

43 minutes ago, Ernest said:

Sartre Exit, No?
M-A APO-Summicron-M 50mm
ADOX Color Implosion, Ektachrome E100, & JCH StreetPan

 

My two favorite colors, Rog.  That red and blue gray!  I wish there was a button I could push and get those in my images at will... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, A miller said:

Thanks, Joerg.  You make me laugh.  I can just see how the dialogue would go down:

Him - "Hey, what the f$ck did you just do that for, man?"

Me - "It's my gift to you, you ungrateful piece of sh$t!"

Him - "Go f$ck yourself!"

Me - "What's with you, calm down!  You looked really cool and interesting!  You're gonna thank me later!!!!!"

Him - "F$ck you!"

😭😭😭

Just love it when you talk Mamet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CalinV said:

To kip the red and Hemingway theme here a "look from the past into the future" , 31 dec 1966 after got the kids to sleep.

the better half and I

Minolta x700 Minolta 35-70 Konica 200 film and a star filter long exposer.

 

CalinV - this is a sumptuous photograph that has so many references to classic art I'd be at a total loss to even start listing them, even if I could. An exquisite, exceptional double portrait of one very cool couple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, A miller said:

Hey Steve ( @sblitz ), does Ferrari make an SUV resembling a Jeep?  🤔 How else can your logic explain these colors with a one stop push of Ektachrome?  😉

NYC

M-A, 28mm elmarit pre-asph

Haha!  Smoother and richer but not more saturated at 100. 😎but glad to see you using the film. Try it 100 ar dusk!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sblitz said:

Haha!  Smoother and richer but not more saturated at 100. 😎but glad to see you using the film. Try it 100 ar dusk!

Is it just my eyes or does the new Ektachrome look duller than the previous version? I don't mean to critique Adam's photo, but when viewing photos with the new Ektachrome I get the feeling that I had when I compared the previous, luminous and lucious, Velvia 100 with much flatter Velvia 100F. It's a bit like viewing a photo in Adobe RGB vs in sRGB somehow. The old Ektachrome 100 was one of my most used films in the 90s and 00s (my lion photos are with Ektachrome for instance) but I don't recognise the muted palette at all. The current version also seems to drop off very abruptly in the shadow department which is also something I didn't see with the previous one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ernest said:

Totem Passage

M-A APO-Summicron-M 50mm & Macro-Elmar-M
ADOX Color Implosion & JCH Streetpan

 

Fantastic colors, Rog.  What is JCH Streetpan?

7 hours ago, plaidshirts said:

A scene from Gas Works Park, Seattle

Tri-X is simply incredible.

Leica M2
Summicron 50
Kodak Tri-X 400

 

Lovely scene.  Right on with the Tri-X!

3 hours ago, philipus said:

Is it just my eyes or does the new Ektachrome look duller than the previous version? I don't mean to critique Adam's photo, but when viewing photos with the new Ektachrome I get the feeling that I had when I compared the previous, luminous and lucious, Velvia 100 with much flatter Velvia 100F. It's a bit like viewing a photo in Adobe RGB vs in sRGB somehow. The old Ektachrome 100 was one of my most used films in the 90s and 00s (my lion photos are with Ektachrome for instance) but I don't recognise the muted palette at all. The current version also seems to drop off very abruptly in the shadow department which is also something I didn't see with the previous one. 

Yes I am getting very deep shadows with the Ektachrome, even without a push.  I also get them with the Provia 100F.  They are slightly more deep with the Ektachrome.  However, the upside of the EKtachrome is that the shadows and other underexposed areas do not have a bluish cast like they do with the Provia 100F.  Instead, if anything they can lean toward magenta,  Having said all of this, I have been shooting is very contrasty situations in which the well exposed areas are a good 3-4 stops from the shadows.  So you can expect contrasty results with the chrome, especially when pushed.

3 hours ago, philipus said:

Bridge of Peace, Tbilisi


Flickr
40 Distagon CFE Ektar X1

A stunner, Philip.  Love the symmetry and that aqua!

Edited by A miller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, A miller said:

another 🕵️‍♀️

 

 

Strong picture I like the composition it make you think about the food industry. Well done Adam

9 hours ago, plaidshirts said:

A scene from Gas Works Park, Seattle

Tri-X is simply incredible.

Leica M2
Summicron 50
Kodak Tri-X 400

 

Yes is incredible that film I have to try it. Nice done.

 

And ups my last picture is from 1996,  in 1966 I was not in  this world

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×