I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 1/6/2019 at 4:34 PM, A miller said:

An interview regarding my NYC snow blizzard project has been published on The Phoblographer website.  In many ways, it is a homage to film, and this thread!  Have a look!! :)

A very readable and entertaining result, Adam!  Excellent work (and great exposure for you & your photography).

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, AntonioF said:

Shack and tree

M6, Summicron 35 asph, HP5

20190106-DSC02064 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

Having been to your place a few years back Antonio, I find these pictures incredible, when we were there it was in the 40's at times and parched. Now you have snow? Incredible.

Gary

• Like 2

4 hours ago, christoph_d said:

Philippus,

This may have been the very same bridge...

M5, 35(?), Foma200

Rgds

C.

That certainly looks very similar.

3 hours ago, edwardkaraa said:

This is really cool Edward. 

• Like 2

Now with hopefully slightly better colours. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

This is the Sioni Cathedral in the centre of Tbilisi, flooded in pesky lights.

Flickr
40 CFE PC Mutar Ektar X1
  • Like 16

8 hours ago, christoph_d said:

Adam, great to see your pictures being published like this, congratulations!

Thanks, Christoph :)

8 hours ago, Keith (M) said:

A very readable and entertaining result, Adam!  Excellent work (and great exposure for you & your photography).

Thanks, Keith. :)

8 hours ago, christoph_d said:

Philippus,

This may have been the very same bridge...

M5, 35(?), Foma200

Rgds

C.

Very cool, Christoph.

6 hours ago, edwardkaraa said:

Was this the night after your recent birthday celebration? :)

6 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

While the southern parts of Germany are slowly drowned in snow, I am happily enjoying some snaps from the warm summer. As we already booked our annual trip to the Alps in February we are attentively following the news from Bavaria and Austria. Just yesterday in the ski resort we want to travel to some kids were caught by an avalanche - fortunately all could be rescued swiftly and without major injuries. I hope all those affected by the current weather conditions stay safe!

Wow, so refreshing!!   Love the colors!

3 hours ago, philipus said:

Now with hopefully slightly better colours. 

Absolutely! 👍

2 hours ago, Keith (M) said:

Underneath the arches, tra-la-la... ;)   Hasselblad 500C, 80mm Planar, Fomapan 100.

Stunning, Keith.  Really one of your best for me.  My eyes go straight through the tree line and into the light.  Excellent!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/8/2019 at 10:58 PM, stray cat said:

We have at home a framed darkroom print I made of this at the time, which I've always liked. I'd never attempted to scan it before but I decided to today. It took a while to find the negative, then it needed a wash, but here it is. My observation is that, while it is possible for a reasonable wet printer and an OK photoshopper to get something that looks pretty similar (keeping in mind that the 4000dpi TIF looks much better than this compressed jpeg), the wet print wins every time. Sure I can eke more tones and shadow/highlight detail out of the negative in photoshop, but the "feel" of the print just can't be emulated digitally:

Zen photography as mental transport. As the zen garden is meant for contemplation and not visitation, the observer doesn't enter the garden but contemplates, meditates the symbolic arrangement of elements, Tidal River 2000 sweeps one along its chiaroscuro currents--mental transport. The blur of the upslope foliage, almost cloud like, contrasts against the obstinate, unmoving dead tree with its weather-bleached branches, like jin of bonsai. It swept me back to a time I met Ansel Adams who was mounting a show at the Monterey Institute of International Studies where I was studying. It was before his Moonrise Over Hernandez fame started breaking sales records, and his plastic-wrapped photographs were for sale, stacked in bins, at the photography store on Alvarado St. There were also original prints by Minor White, Wynn Bullock, and I think Paul Caponigro and maybe Ruth Bernhard--all in the $65 to $95 range. I didn't buy any, but Ansel contributed to the printing costs of the literary journal I started at the Institute. Tidal River swept me back to that time and continues to rush in the present. What a current of creative spirit. I see this photograph in the bin of the photography store on Alvarado St.

Edited by Ernest
Edit
  • Like 4

Scanning some of the 1996 films

Konica VX100

Heidelberg @ night "Alte Brücke und das Schloss" old bridge and the castle  all from tripod no flash manual exposer Minolta 35-70 X-700

• Like 12

And some more

• Like 15

Last

Thank you all for all replays 

• Like 15