Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

23 hours ago, A miller said:

An interview regarding my NYC snow blizzard project has been published on The Phoblographer website.  In many ways, it is a homage to film, and this thread!  Have a look!! :)

Great ITW Adam, well done, congrats !

4 hours ago, Pax Koduri said:

Leica M3 + 50mm Summicron + TRI-X

Lovely! Sensitive fingers draw the attention but there is more and I can almost hear the music. Chopin?

Am 6.1.2019 um 17:34 schrieb A miller:

An interview regarding my NYC snow blizzard project has been published on The Phoblographer website.  In many ways, it is a homage to film, and this thread!  Have a look!! :)

Interesting interview, Adam. Now I have a little clue of your way taking these great photos. I think, they can be seen as your gift to the New York people.

Regards Joerg

vor 12 Stunden schrieb gbealnz:

Guidecca

503CXi with 120mm Planar

Portra 400

Gary

Outstanding!

I like it very much, Gary.

Regards Joerg

On 1/6/2019 at 5:34 PM, A miller said:

Congrats Adam, well done. I read the interview now. Terrific that you focused so much on the fact that you use film to such great effect. If I can be honest, though, I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't show your more in-their-face type of blizzard shots which are my favourites. That said all selected pictures are really good though. Keep up the good work.

19 hours ago, gbealnz said:

And it was my very first camera (when I was at school), where it is now I cannot fathom, but I loved it, even had a filter or two that could be slipped across for B&W.

Should find another.

Gary

Mine too. Graduated from the Clack to a Ross Ensign that could shoot 6x9 or 6x6 and had a blazing top speed of 1/250. When I scanned negatives and transparencies decades later, I was hugely impressed by their sharpness.

21 minutes ago, stray cat said:

Oh so darkly existential, Rog. No Roads to Freedom here, in fact No Exit at all!

As usual, the "primary" proposition with an encore Waiting for Beckett with Quad I and II.

2 minutes ago, stray cat said:

Now it looks as if CalinV and Rog are driving us into Hemingway territory!

Can't help but surrender to Ektachrome Red!