Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

8 hours ago, schattenundlicht said:

In medical school our exams would be multiple choice, often with a number of dazzling permutations as possible solutions:

(1) A, C an D are correct

(2) B and C are false

(3) D, B and A are not false

(4) All options are correct ( @stray cat already hinted at that one ;) )

You would generally have about 30 seconds for a question like that, and a hundred more questions to follow. Wonder, how I ever learned to treat a patient 😎

7 hours ago, Bateleur said:

I'm going for C.

Applause for all who jumped aboard. Charles nailed it, but Phil logically covered all stops (I was hoping all choices sounded possible), while Adam punched up the Laugh Factory, and Mathias reminded us of his Mensa pedigree with his flashback to test taking. My thanks to all for their indulgence.

For this "practical abstract"--oxymoronic?--I started with the inspiration of Robert Rauschenberg's cardboard box assemblages he called Cardbird, which used ordinary cardboard boxes assembled to represent abstracted forms on the wall, such as birds and such. Then, I was thinking of Rietveld and his De Stijl aesthetic of reducing architecture, furniture, and objects to the simplest statement, like the Red/Blue chair (1918-23). So I wanted to take an abstract form using color fields and represent a template that can be mentally folded into the shape of a practical box. It's mental, I know. In the exercise, the abstract color field on the wall becomes mentally reconstructed into something that's not present. An experiment in photography as sculpture. Really big sculpture to keep from getting boxed in!

Cheers,
Rog

Happy New Year!

5 hours ago, Ernest said:

Applause for all who jumped aboard. Charles nailed it, but Phil logically covered all stops (I was hoping all choices sounded possible), while Adam punched up the Laugh Factory, and Mathias reminded us of his Mensa pedigree with his flashback to test taking. My thanks to all for their indulgence.

For this "practical abstract"--oxymoronic?--I started with the inspiration of Robert Rauschenberg's cardboard box assemblages he called Cardbird, which used ordinary cardboard boxes assembled to represent abstracted forms on the wall, such as birds and such. Then, I was thinking of Rietveld and his De Stijl aesthetic of reducing architecture, furniture, and objects to the simplest statement, like the Red/Blue chair (1918-23). So I wanted to take an abstract form using color fields and represent a template that can be mentally folded into the shape of a practical box. It's mental, I know. In the exercise, the abstract color field on the wall becomes mentally reconstructed into something that's not present. An experiment in photography as sculpture. Really big sculpture to keep from getting boxed in!

Cheers,
Rog

Happy New Year!

Damn! OK this is the year to start thinking "outside the box". Or "can".

Edited by stray cat

1 hour ago, stray cat said:

Damn! OK this is the year to start thinking "outside the box". Or "can".

Certainly, will checkmark the can-do box. 

10 hours ago, Doc Henry said:

Vey nice picture and black grey tone Wayne

Happy New Year Wayne

Best  H

Thank you, Henry. A Happy New Year to you.

Best,

Wayne

11 hours ago, A miller said:

NYC 💦

Nikon Action Touch

Superia 1600

You also have  Nikon Action Touch? How do you feel it works with colour film?

4 hours ago, Wayne said:

To bring in the new year: Josh, in full color. The Master, his creation

IIIG, VC Color Skopar 28/3.5, Cinestill 50

Nice color in this picture Wayne

Best H