I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

vor 22 Stunden schrieb christoph_d:

Acryl and Pan-F seem to harmonize quite well - though I guess even better printed, or in a larger format than possible on the forum?

Rgds

C.

I think so, Christoph. I enlarged this negative yesterday. Only a Multigrade 7x9 inch print, but it looks quite good :)

Regards

Joerg

Am 21.11.2018 um 23:43 schrieb benqui:

I like this photo, it reminds me of the old b/w movies from the 50 ies and 60 ties.

M6, Apo 90, Ilford Delta 400

simply stunning !

• Like 3

@ the beach; I tried some longer exposure times with the Horizon. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Horizon, Foma100@50

• Like 19

Agfa Billy Record II, Ilford XP2

• Like 17

In the eighties I took a lot of photos, but often I did not develop the films. I was content with the pictures in my head. Only I saved the films, and yesterday I developed a tri-x in HC 110 1:63.

inundation 1987

m4-2 summicron 2/90 1/II

Joachim

• Like 19

Advertisement (gone after registration)

In the eighties I took a lot of photos, but often I did not develop the films. I was content with the pictures in my head. Only I saved the films, and yesterday I developed a tri-x in HC 110 1:63

flotsam 1987

m4-2 2/50IV

Joachim

• Like 17

I’d like to try my hand at multiple exposures, per frame, using my M6 (I’ve just posted similar in the analogue camera section), but I believe it can not be done without rewinding and reloading the film,

The F3 allows multiple exposures having a dedicated multiple exposure lever, but I’d like to widen my search to other cameras (I’d prefer 35mm). The F3 disengages the clutch mechanism and the film frame remains in position. It can be done with other cameras having the rewind button on the baseplate, but it’s almost impossible to prevent the film from moving, ever so slightly, and secondly the camera will be on a tripod.

Anyone know of any other 35mm cameras, other than the F3 (the F3 is electronic, too much to go wrong for a 30/40 year old camera) that allows multiple exposure by design rather than by adaptation? 

T-Max 100 in the Himalayas.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Steve Ricoh said:

I’d like to try my hand at multiple exposures, per frame, using my M6 (I’ve just posted similar in the analogue camera section), but I believe it can not be done without rewinding and reloading the film,

The F3 allows multiple exposures having a dedicated multiple exposure lever, but I’d like to widen my search to other cameras (I’d prefer 35mm). The F3 disengages the clutch mechanism and the film frame remains in position. It can be done with other cameras having the rewind button on the baseplate, but it’s almost impossible to prevent the film from moving, ever so slightly, and secondly the camera will be on a tripod.

Anyone know of any other 35mm cameras, other than the F3 (the F3 is electronic, too much to go wrong for a 30/40 year old camera) that allows multiple exposure by design rather than by adaptation? 

You could check out the Pentax LX. If I remember correctly it had features to support double exposures.

Rgds C.

• Thanks 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Steve Ricoh:

If you use a Barnack. Press the release button and turn the speed setting dial without moving the film.

Rgds

Joachim

• Like 3

11 hours ago, sblitz said:

Sloane Sq Tmax3000 Leica MA 50mm Summilux

good one, Steve.

6 hours ago, edwardkaraa said:

I’m running out of superlatives for your photos, Adam :)

Ha ha, I highly doubt that, Edward.  Your English is much better than mine 😁

6 hours ago, Keith (M) said:

Perhaps even Roget would struggle... ;)

LOL 🤣 IMPOSSIBLE 🤣

4 hours ago, christoph_d said:

@ the beach; I tried some longer exposure times with the Horizon. 

Horizon, Foma100@50

Excellent result, Christoph!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, christoph_d said:

You could check out the Pentax LX. If I remember correctly it had features to support double exposures.

Rgds C.

I had a look at the instructions. The LX doesn’t have a multi-exposure lever like the F3, but the exposure counter runs backwards during rewind. Two techniques are possible: rewind the film a few frames then advance back to the frame required, but accuracy is +/- 0.2mm. The other option is to press the rewind disengagement thing on the base, but that means removing the camera from a tripod. Neither option is ideal. Maybe I’ll have to take a chance on an ‘electronic’ F3. I’m disappointed it’s not possible with the M6.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Ricoh said:

My FM3a has a dedicated double exposure lever. Never tried it though. The camera is fully mechanical in M mode.

• Thanks 1

Fall in Central Park ...... Fuji645 with 60mm lens MF, Cinestill 800 with warming filter, so shot at 500ISO...

• Like 15

Outside Penn Station (7th Ave side for those keep track), the rush for trains and umbrellas .... this is also Cinestill800 and fuji645 with 60mm lens ...

• Like 17

Ektachrome Canon St Station London Leica MA 35mm Summicron ...

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, sblitz said:

Outside Penn Station (7th Ave side for those keep track), the rush for trains and umbrellas .... this is also Cinestill800 and fuji645 with 60mm lens ...

Really like the palette in this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a wonderful vantage point for the Macys Day Thanksgiving Parade this year, a friends apartment on Central Park West .... these shots are in Ektachrome, 50mm Summilux Leica MA, what I have discovered about Ektachrome is think digital -- expose for the highlights, in PP there is tremendous information in the shadows ... okay not quite like a sensor but that again, as you have seen in other shots this film can handle red better (channelling my inner Doc Henry here 🙂 )

• Like 17